The Education Forum

Energy and the Human Journey: Where We Have Been; Where We Can Go

Hi:

I am in the middle of a 60-hour week, so my time is limited. I just responded to a question on the Anthropocene, and replied below.

The Anthropocene is kind of interesting, and I’ll agree with Ruddiman that humanity’s noticeable impacts were early, but I’ll say that they began even earlier than his 8,000 years ago with the beginning of agriculture, to 50,000 years ago, when humans began wiping out all the megafauna. It began a mass extinction, which usually forms the boundary of geological periods, and there were also massive vegetation changes, not only the huge fires that humans set, but those vanished megafauna had keystone species effects, too.

It is interesting that both ends of the eon of complex life are getting recent geological naming effort. The Ediacaran is the first new named period in over a century, and here comes the Anthropocene. We already have the Holocene, which is kind of human-independent, but not really. It is supposedly because of the ice age glaciers receding, but this is really just a blip, but as Ruddiman has made the case, humans have probably already delayed the next ice period by 50,000 years or so with Global Warming, so there really is a significant geological effect of humans, although it is the end of the Holocene, not the beginning, where humans will really get the “credit” for this epoch.

It can be an interesting debate to follow. I recently read a planetary scientist lamenting Pluto’s recent demotion from being a full planet. He complained that astronomers made that political decision, not planetary scientists. Pluto is round from gravity and has pronounced geological activity. That makes it a planet in that scientist’s eyes. Of course, he led the mission to Pluto, so has a little bias. :) Brian was arguably Earth’s most prominent planetary scientist for a time, with his Martian credentials, so this is another interesting subject for me.

Time to rush off to another busy day.

Best,

Wade

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi:

Quickly, before I rush out the door to work, 30 years ago today, I met Dennis. Where does a life go? If you had asked me a couple of weeks before that fateful day what my “friends” had in store for me, I would not have believed it. If you would have told me what I was about to learn, I would have thought that you were crazy or a grand xxxx. I often sit back and think about it, and how surreal so much of it was. Dennis is going to be 70 in a couple of months. He should not have reached 70, and should be dead dozens of times over. But he was on a mission, and it was more than an honor to be part of it, although I will be licking my wounds for the rest of my life. No regrets, however. It was all part of the journey.

Off to work.

Best,

Wade

• 2 weeks later...

Hi:

A few odds and ends this Saturday morning. I provided a DNA test sample yesterday, to see what my genetic ancestry is. My family name can be traced back to Scotland in the 1730s, and that line is probably all white, and my mother’s side is almost certainly all Scandinavian. But my paternal grandmother’s side is where my redneck roots come from, and almost certainly some Indian blood. My wife comes from Spanish “settler” stock, going back to the 1500s, and like my family did, there was complete denial that my wife’s family ever interbred with those “subhuman” Indians (they claim “noble” descent from both Columbus and Coronado – I have their family tree that shows it), but when my wife got her DNA test back not long ago, she had nearly 10% Indian DNA, and I am going to predict that I have about 8% Indian DNA. My wife also had some sub-Saharan African DNA, probably via slave stock somewhere along the way, and even some Ashkenazy Jew DNA, which surprised me. Some Sephardic Jew DNA would not have been surprising for Spanish immigrants, but how Ashkenazy Jew DNA got in there is a mystery. If I have some sub-Saharan African DNA, that will be a rich irony, coming from a family line as racist and bigoted as mine was, which was the true American Way.

Back in 1987, when I was Dennis’s partner, I began fielding the thousands of reactions to the idea of FE that 20 years later led to my layers of the FE onion framework. Fear reactions were always the most plentiful, which included all of the denial reactions, and they took on a wide spectrum of expression. Without exception those fearful reactions projected the idea of scarcity onto a situation of abundance, which is nonsensical, but since all that humanity has ever known is scarcity, such fears are understandable, although they reflect a stunted perspective. To be fair, no humans have ever been able to imagine the next Epoch before it arrived, and it will be the case with about 99.99% of humanity this time, too.

A variation of the fear response is conjuring up scenarios of economic collapse, strip-mining Earth, and wars when FE is introduced. How nonsensical. FE will be like giving everybody a billion dollars, and rich people don’t fight each other over the scraps. Some want a fully-fleshed out plan for an easy transition to the Fifth Epoch, as if any of that means anything before FE is delivered. It doesn’t. In last year’s update to my big essay, I wrote little section on my atom bomb studies. Literally the day after nuking Hiroshima, people began speculating on the potential of nuclear energy, and it became quite the political football for several years. Of course, nuclear fission is a poor way to obtain energy, and it eventually became obvious what a pipedream fission was. The irony is that FE technology likely existed back then in commercial form, but Godzilla kept the lid on it, as he has done to this day.

Sparky Sweet feared a stock market collapse if his FE gizmo was introduced, but Sparky was firmly stuck in the current paradigm, as you can see when viewing a video of his gizmo working, as “proprietary technology” flashes across the screen several times, which announced that Sparky had no idea of what he really had ahold of. That is typical, so there is no reason to get on Sparky’s case. I have never met an altruistic inventor, much less an FE inventor, and I have never heard of an FE inventor with the goods willing to give it away. They are all mired in scarcity, just like everybody else.

All battle plans for enlisting the world’s governments, corporations, and “progressive” organizations in some FE transition plan are hopelessly naïve. There is only going to be denial, derision, and fear until FE is delivered. Only then are people’s eyes going to begin to open, and not before. It is putting the cart way before the horse to get all wrapped up in transition plans and fearful scenarios of abundance. When people envision collapsing stock markets and how energy-revenue dependent organizations and nations will react to FE’s reality, those are just more fear reactions. When FE is delivered to the world, even the stupidest among us will instantly realize that it is game over for the Fourth Epoch and we will quickly achieve Type 1 status. Only if humanity is filled with idiots, from top to bottom, will we fail at safely implementing FE, and I have a higher opinion of humanity than that. I advocate those peacekeeping grandmothers, and the vast wealth that FE will generate will be rather easily distributed. I have noticed that people are so addicted to scarcity they really can’t imagine an effort like mine, in which the most lucrative technology in world history is going to be given to humanity. There will be blueprints, machines, and processes given away so that FE devices will quickly be mass produced, for free, globally, for all of humanity. Capitalism, nations, cities, exchange professions, and all other scarcity-based institutions and ways of life will quickly fade to oblivion, and nobody will miss them, just like nobody, other than dark pathers, pine for the good old days of agrarian economies, potentates, and slavery.

Only megalomaniacs think that they are going to become the Bill Gates of FE, but there are plenty of them, or FE tinkerers who announce that they are the Messiah, etc. The Epochal significance of FE will quickly become apparent to all, and my choir idea is about forming a high-level conversation and framework that will instantly become dominant, but until FE is delivered, don’t expect anybody to listen, especially your social circles, the rich and powerful, the “progressives,” etc. Godzilla is keenly aware of what FE means: the end of his entire ballgame. That is why he has been so avid in suppressing it. So-called “progressive” organizations have been hearing about FE since the 1970s, and without exception, they treat FE as the enemy, as mired in scarcity as they are. It is really hard to avoid at least hearing of the FE idea.

Before FE is delivered, all attempts to enlist the world’s institutions in some kind of FE transition are pointless, but once FE is delivered, they will all pay rapt attention. But not before then. That is just how it has always been, and there is no reason to think that it will be different this time.

To Serg’s idea of social groups of no more than ten people, I doubt it. I think that social organization will look nothing like what we see today. The Internet probably hints at it, as people from across the world can instantly come together for common interests, but once scarcity ends, fear will no longer be the primary operating principle behind human interactions, as they form in-groups. All of humanity will quickly be seen as one big in-group. People will be able to meet in real time, in the flesh, almost instantly. I expect that most people are going to still live on Earth, but nothing like what you see today. When cities, nations, nuclear families and the like become obsolete, what takes their place will be infinitely more enlightened and largely unrecognizable to people today, and if they even glimpse them today, they react with fear. Again, almost nobody has any idea what living in a world beyond scarcity and fear will look like, will feel like, etc., even though some visions of it are pretty straightforward and should be easy to understand in their rudiments. I don’t treat Roads’s visitation as fiction; I know accomplished psychonauts who have made similar visits.

Now my busy weekend begins, as I host my family for Easter (Sarducci’s favorite holiday :) ), and I may not make many posts until Monday.

Best,

Wade

Edited by Wade Frazier

Hi:

Now for a series of posts on Peak Oil. The first fossil fuel of note is coal, not oil, not only in being used, but most of the world’s coal deposits were formed before most of the world’s oil deposits were, and the reasons and consequences are fascinating.

The world’s oil deposits began forming with the rise of complex life, so deposits were formed going back to the Ediacaran Period, but most was formed during the reign of dinosaurs. Coal’s horizon of formation was far earlier, beginning when the world’s first forests formed. The Devonian Period was the Cambrian Explosion for plants. Just as the Cambrian Period is when all animal body plans were set, the basics of plants and trees were set in the Devonian, with roots, leaves, bark, seeds, and wood. The only significant change since the Devonian was hundreds of millions of years later when some plants decided to use animals rather than protect against them, and flowering plants were born. Lignin was the secret for making vascular plants, which first appeared about 410 million years ago, and eventually wood. Lignin is a polymer, which gives it strength far beyond cellulose, which forms the cell walls of plants. Without lignin, plants would have never evolved beyond mosses. Lignin was the critical ingredient in forming land-based ecosystems, which includes the rise of that seemingly intelligent ape. :)

However, nothing on Earth learned how to digest lignin until a fungus did about 290 million years ago, and the basics of lignin digestion have not changed since. So, trees did not rot for nearly 100 million years, until that lignin-digesting fungus came along. That 100-million-year period is when most of the world’s coal deposits formed, and especially in the aptly named Carboniferous Period, when rainforests abounded and trees died and fell in swamps, never decayed, and piled up and were subducted by the formation of a supercontinent called Pangaea today.

In my recent post on the carbon cycle and how carbon dioxide levels have seesawed over the eons, I mentioned carbon production and carbon burial as the ends of the seesaw, and carbon never got buried as quickly as those non-rotting trees did. The effect of those trees getting buried like that (and forming most of Earth’s coal deposits) was the highest oxygen levels in the eon of complex life, and maybe the highest in Earth’s history. Although there is plenty of debate today on the issue, few scientists dispute the idea that those skyrocketing oxygen levels led to gigantic animals, and not only those gigantic dragonflies, but the largest freshwater fish ever, and gigantic millipedes and other arthropods. High oxygen and gigantism has been demonstrated in sea animals today.

But for us humans, the biggest impact of those high oxygen times was all of those buried trees that formed most of Earth’s coal deposits, which humanity is burning with such abandon today. My Peak Oil posts are coming soon, but Peak Coal is not far behind Peak Oil, and might be reached in my lifetime.

Best,

Wade

Edited by Wade Frazier

Hi:

I was just talking with a pal yesterday about some of this, and I was recently asked about “suicidal” behavior in the free energy pursuit.

If a person has woken up, and by that, I mean awoken from their in-group conceits, they have already done the hardest work. Waking up is the hard part. Everything after that is relatively easy. But people don’t really awaken if their hearts are not in the right place, and there aren’t many of those to start with. Waking up like that is the greatest step on the path to true sentience, getting beyond our herd conditioning.

For instance, seeing Godzilla as some kind of “bad guy” is just another in-group delusion, making him into an out-group. The GCs are just the masters of a game that nearly all humans play. You can get into trouble with Godzilla if you are not careful, and I have long written on the unproductive paths in the free energy quest, and don’t need to belabor them. Some are “merely” life-wasting, some are life-risking, and some are suicidal. If you want to try to get killed, go demo an FE machine in a public venue, with nothing protecting you but your merry little band of supporters. Almost nobody ever gets to that stage, for various reasons, so that risk is rather remote for FE aspirants.

But the greatest threats that all FE aspirant face are their own foibles and those of their social circles and associates, not the agents of organized suppression. Dennis finally admitted it to me that last time that I saw him, and I learned that lesson the hard way in the 1980s.

Best,

Wade

Hi:

The start of my busy day got delayed, so here comes a little post. Of all the unproductive paths to FE, the one that I see advocated constantly is enlisting the masses to help manifest FE, which I call Level 10. Been there, done that, several times. One of the most important lessons of my journey is that masses have never helped any Epochal Event happen. They were always initiated by a relative or literal handful of people, and it will be no different this time. The masses see no further than the limits of their immediate self-interest, as they live in scarcity and fear. It has ever been this way. When the masses have been engaged in the FE pursuit, they all turned into Orcs lusting after the One Ring, as their egos were overcome by the immensity of the issue, FE aspirants announce that they are the Messiah, and the rest of that tawdry circus.

The masses have never even imagined the next Epoch until it happened, and the fear and denial that are constantly aimed at the idea of FE are normal. Liberating women and slaves, or the Demographic Transition, were effects of industrialization, not causes, but “progressives” get all wrapped up in social causes that really are meaningless in the big picture, as all they did was try to more equitably divvy up humanity’s scarce economic pie, not make it bigger. If you had talked about liberating women and slaves in 1720 in England, the heart of the Industrial Revolution, you would have been looked at as if you were insane. Only when machines began replacing people did the “liberation” mentality begin to rise, and in Europe, the first glimmers of it really began with the spread of the watermill during the Medieval Warm Period and the reintroduction of the Classic Greek teachings.

People who try to enlist the masses for Epochal change are deluded and hacking at branches at best, and usually are trying to fill their social needs. Acknowledging the situation is very different from judging it, and the sooner that would-be FE activists can relinquish their social consciousness, the better. Sociality is pre-sentient, and will be no help at all for manifesting the biggest event in the human journey, as it is all about in-groups and out-groups. Truly sentient beings coming together in a unity of purpose, seeing all of humanity as its in-group, however, is a horse of a different color, which is what my effort is attempting to initiate, not a social movement. I only need 5,000 of those needles in haystacks for my plan to work, which is less than one-in-a-million on Earth. I am not really asking for much, to manifest the biggest event in the human journey, when humanity becomes a Type 1 civilization.

Best,

Wade

Edited by Wade Frazier

• 2 weeks later...

Hi:

A key point in my big essay is that people in one Epoch never understood the next one until it arrived. It is that way with the coming Epoch. For those who glimpse what I am writing about, when I sketch the Fifth Epoch’s likely contours, they immediately rush out to tell their social circles the “good news,” and are invariably dismayed when they are attacked or ostracized. The masses have never been fit to help a new Epoch manifest. It is just what it is, and it does no good to judge the situation. But virtually all FE newbies think that they can crack the mass movement nut for making FE happen. They have to relinquish their social consciousness before they will understand. Sociality is pre-sentient behavior. A social movement won’t make FE happen, and I am doing something very different. An integrity-and-sentience movement may be able to. :)

I have written plenty about the limitations of scientific illiteracy and the materialistic religion of our Epoch. Scientific illiteracy is a Third Epoch phenomenon (and only a few percent of the members of my great nation are scientifically literate), and materialism is a Fourth Epoch phenomenon. In the Fifth Epoch, scientific literacy will be like learning to read, write, and do arithmetic: something that all children learn (like they do here). But in the Fifth Epoch, materialism will no longer be in vogue, just like we no longer have racist ideology that justifies slavery. Children will have their mystical awareness developed from a young age, and that has nothing whatsoever to do with organized religion, which is a form of brainwashing that creates a false in-group consciousness and is diametrically opposed to the primary message of all spiritual masters.

Today, many have been seduced by science, in what is called scientism, which is the worship of science’s methods, believing them to be the only true path to knowledge, instead of a handy tool with its own inherent limitations. That is as delusionary as thinking that writing is the only true form of communication (or speaking, or sign language, or non-verbal body language). But materialism is the Fourth Epoch’s religion. The greatest scientists were all keenly aware of the limits of science and how little we know, and had an awareness that verged on the mystical.

I was a scientist-in-training from the cradle and had my mystical awakening when I was 16, with dramatic experiences that undeniably showed how false a religion materialism was. All of my fellow travelers with my greatest respect had similar experiences. Dennis, for as indisputably great a man as he is, never quite shook the peasant religion that he was raised with, which is a Third Epoch phenomenon. The reason why you see people such as Dennis believing that the Bible is the one and only word of God is that the Fourth Epoch is young and has been unevenly spread. The West received its primary benefits, but my grandfather lived in a sod hut as a child. Dennis grew up as a migrant farmworker and my father grew up on a farm, too, as did Mr. Professor. I am really the first member of my paternal line who grew up in the Fourth Epoch, and even I had to play farmhand in our backyard, as my father could not quite shake his agrarian roots. The Third Epoch lasted for ten thousand years before the Fourth Epoch began, and the Fourth Epoch is only a few centuries old. There are no purely Second or Third Epoch societies left on Earth, as they have all been influenced by subsequent Epochs, and the Fourth Epoch’s Demographic Transition has been trickling into peasant societies.

Given a few more centuries and a global spread, organized religion as we know it would fade to oblivion, as slavery has. But materialism is just another religion, and it has its own popes, Inquisitions, and the like. But humanity cannot survive much longer using the Fourth Epoch’s energy sources. We are either going to have World War III over the dwindling energy sources of the Fourth Epoch, or environmental calamities greater than those already inflicted by humanity will take down global civilization, or some grim combination of them, as the few survivors, if any, live in some kind of Mad Max world.

I have good news for the few willing and able to understand: the Fifth Epoch is already here, in many ways. The technologies for it are likely older than I am. Most of what my friend was shown was likely produced by reverse-engineering captured ET craft, and my understanding on the subject is close to Ed Mitchell’s. Understanding that materialism is only another religion, that technologies exist on the planet that make the Fifth Epoch feasible, and that we are far from alone in the universe blows the Fourth Epoch’s dominant ideologies out of the water, and that is why there has been such concerted organized suppression of all of it. And that is all a far cry from conspiracism, which I regard as a Third Epoch political philosophy (as structuralism is a Fourth Epoch philosophy), but it is convenient for those in the Fourth Epoch’s thrall to label and dismiss.

There are also hints in relatively mainstream dynamics of the coming Epoch. Channeling is one of them. The so-called New Age has taken baby steps toward the Fifth Epoch, but it drags along its scarcity-based baggage, often to the extent that it has become a grotesque parody. Just as societies became more humane with each Epoch, in history’s richest and most powerful nation, on the so-called leading edge of technology - high tech and artificial intelligence (a pal sent me this article this weekend) - a movement emerged called the Free Software Movement, which makes and gives away software, using communal principles. It is another baby step toward the Fifth Epoch, although its founder is firmly stuck in the Fourth, dismissing FE as contrary to the “laws of physics” and calling tales of organized suppression a “conspiracy theory.” He is in good company (most of the “smart” people in the Fourth Epoch are mired in the twin religions of materialism and structuralism), but it is just another example of how people in one Epoch, even those who do things that point at the next, really cannot imagine it. Maybe a few from the Free Software Movement or New Age (or political “progressives”) will comprehend my message, but it will only be a few.

I seek the vanishingly few people who will be able to imagine the next Epoch before it arrives, and I have developed my list for what they will have in common, which came from decades of experience and thousands of encounters.

Time to begin my busy week.

Best,

Wade

Hi:

Part of a series of interactions over here is appropriate for here. I am hunting for Boy and Girl Scouts, and my public writings are designed to bring the Boy and Girl Scouts to me. That is really the point of my work. When I write about my idealism that had me ask Easter Bunny questions after graduation, during my brutal years in LA, or my vignettes during my years with Dennis, or how Dennis and Ralph nearly did not survive their moments of awakening, or the awakenings of the others that I encountered like us, I am setting out a beacon to attract those who recognize their journeys in ours. They are the only people who can really help me with my quest, because they have that most important initial quality.

When I joined all-comers forums, the trolls swarmed me, as I fished for Boy and Girl Scouts. I eventually decided that building the beacon was the most important use of my time. I will do some more “visibility” activities in the future, but dialogues with those Boy and Girls Scouts is what is going to attract more of them.

Best,

Wade

Hi:

I have a busy day and month ahead of me, but briefly, I have recently written of projection and Boy and Girl Scouts, and I have been in many discussions with very bright people over many years on this issue. Almost without exception, people fail to understand the Epochal significance of the FE issue, and that is a big reason why I wrote my big essay. People have to develop a Fullerian, comprehensive perspective before they can even begin to comprehend the issues. Otherwise, they glimpse facets of the situation, usually the facets that they somewhat understand, because they are familiar with them, but they miss the big picture because they can’t see beyond those facets. Generally, their egos trap them. Almost invariably, FE newcomers think that they have the magic answer that nobody ever thought of before, and they can crack the FE nut in a few days or weeks of effort (maybe even months, if it proves more difficult than expected :) ).

If people get past denial or fear of FE, they almost invariably drag their scarcity-based baggage to the issue and don’t even realize that it is baggage. That is because that baggage is part of how they maintained their in-group status, and if they can’t see past their in-group, they are not going to see the bigger picture. In-groups are pre-sentient sociological organizational constructs whereby the in-group prospers at the expense of the out-group. That so-called “thinking” falls far short of what is needed for an approach like mine to work. The FE issue is not the New Age or conspiracist flavor of the day, a “progressive” or “conservative” cause that retail politics is going to assist, or any of those mundane ideas. The FE inventor of the hour does not stand a prayer, and FE aspirants who announce that they are the Second Coming or Messiah, as they gather their flock to them, are just part of that tawdry circus. Dennis’s religion-on-his-sleeve approach was another counterproductive aspect of the milieu, and is one reason why I am no longer with him, but far from the most important reason, which is that the hero’s journey to FE will not work. Nobody was better qualified than Dennis to play that game. Neither will the “Patriot,” business opportunity, religious, “progressive,” “radical,” Free Software Movement, etc., etc., approaches. All fall far short of the Epochal approach that will be needed.

It is rare that FE talk ever gets past gossip on the inventor of the hour, the fringe scientist with his theories, the hero trying to scale the ramparts, etc. The level of conversation has to get way above those arrested development levels of discussion if an effort like mine will have a chance. Almost nobody on Earth is able or willing to understand what I am doing, but I seek the few who can, and I know what they will have in common. Right now, I am just building and maintaining the beacon that will attract them. When more can join the discussion and hit the notes, it will better attract those whom I seek. Impatience is my Achilles heel, and my journey has been teaching me patience every day. :)

Best,

Wade

Edited by Wade Frazier

Hi:

I got a new poster at Avalon, his first post was great, and my reply is appropriate for here, and is reproduced below.

Best,

Wade

That is a great first post. I’ll say this: in a world of scarcity and fear, it is extremely difficult to shed one’s in-group conditioning. Yes, some of my closest pals had extremely brutal moments of awakening (1, 2), and mine was pretty “life-changing,” too. Even relatively gentle and gradual ones, such as Brian’s, led to a pretty rough ride that shortened his life. I don’t recommend waking up like we did. It is not easy to survive those ways, but to your question, it does seem to be the case that the “trauma” of the awakening was directly proportional to how “radicalized” that we became.

But in our world of scarcity and fear, it seems that those Boy and Girl Scouts are the ones that best wake up to the lies of their in-group conditioning, and this is actually very close to what Michael Roads’s mystical mentor said, that if you choose love, you wake up, and if don’t, you remain asleep in your herd. The New Testament’s Jesus, who epitomized love in our culture, said that there is no out-group, which is the most enlightened message that can be delivered to humanity, IMO, which is what the Godhead states, according to sources that I respect.

In our world of scarcity and fear, how many people actually achieve that lofty understanding? Vanishingly few. That is partly because of the carrots and sticks of our in-group conditioning. And it is partly due to the “age” of the souls that are here, IMO. But souls of any age can understand love.

As I have written plenty, with the increasing energy surplus of each Epoch, human societies became increasingly humane. A quarter of hunter-gatherer peoples died violently (at least, after the easy meat was gone). The Industrial Revolution liberated women and slaves. There is every reason to believe that an end of poverty, environmental destruction, and warfare will come with the advent of the Fifth Epoch. If that day comes, all scarcity-based ideologies will crumble, as will the in-groups built around them. With economic abundance, there will really not be any reason to form in-groups, as they are based on survival. I’ll grant that forming in-groups is deeply baked into the human animal, but we are supposedly a sentient species, and that means, to me, that we do not have to be automatons of our evolutionary heritage. And we have rich and relevant examples that show how human societies can transform. When the food supply doubled of isolated chimps, females and non-dominant males ended the practice of violent male rule, and bonobo societies are more peaceful than any human society has ever been. When women began bringing in more calories than men in the early days of the Domestication Revolution, they also broke up the male gangs, and their societies were humanity’s most peaceful pre-industrial cultures.

So, those who will help manifest the biggest event in the human journey are going to be doing the heavy lifting, sentience-wise, and I know the qualities that I need for my approach to have a chance at succeeding. Other ways may work, but I am doing something very specific that I never saw tried before, which could be called the love and enlightenment path to FE and a healed planet and humanity.

As I have stated, those I seek will have already awoken to the lies of their in-group conditioning. Work like mine cannot awaken the sleeping. That does not mean that they have to shed all of their in-group conceits, as they are very insidious, as you note, but they at least recognize them for what they are. For those people, my work can be very helpful, and I show how I took on all of my in-group conceits, including my family, profession, gender, nation, race, and species. Each person has to work on his/her own, and it takes a brutal honesty that almost nobody on Earth can muster today, but those are the only people who are going to be able to help with my approach. I know that I seek needles in haystacks.

But once FE is delivered to humanity and the super-Epoch of abundance begins, then it is going to be far easier for the masses to begin relinquishing their in-group conditioning. There are not going to be any out-groups to be afraid of. Will they achieve the exalted state that those who led the way did? Probably not immediately, as we get out of life what we put in. But the super-Epoch of abundance will likely see a flowering of the human potential that is quite frankly unimaginable to 99.9% of humanity today. That is what I am attempting to help manifest, and I may have another 30 good years ahead of me, to see what kind of dent that my approach can make.

Thanks for writing.

Best,

Wade

Hi:

In addition to setting out that beacon, I have taken a number of precautions that will greatly reduce the risk to the choir. Those precautions also mean that what develops will start small and grow slowly, but what forms might have a chance at making a dent, and any dent at all will be an important contribution.

For instance, I worked ten years of my life largely for free, surviving my adventures and performing the study, writing, and editing that resulted in my site. I also have this new tool called the Internet, and because of all that, I do not need any money to build the choir. When money changes hands, especially related to FE, the game changes entirely. You think that you know people, even close family members, but you can watch them turn into Orcs lusting after The One Ring when FE comes into the picture. It is something to behold, in a horrifying way. And even when money and personal gain is not involved, there is still plenty of peril.

Brian got booted out of the non-profit organizations that he founded, more than once. When Brian was Mo Udall’s campaign advisor, their idealistic crusade wrecked Brian’s marriage, and Udall’s “other top advisors were Dexedrine-popping, power-hungry insomniacs…” Brian’s lesson from that stint in Washington was that, “even if you were on the ethical side of the issue, power still corrupts and those who were more ambitious and ruthless were the ones that rose to the top.” Those quotes are from Brian’s The Energy Solution Revolution, pp. 179-180. Not long before he died, Brian informed me that electoral politics is a dead-end. He would have known.

When Dennis flew high, agents provocateurs were infiltrated into his organizations and participated in what I call the “inside-outside job,” in which they help take the organization down from the inside while the attacks come from the outside. The first one that Dennis encountered (at least, who was not a mobster) was responsible for the death of one of Dennis’s employees, and today he is a hit man for the medical racket.

The one that was infiltrated into our Ventura effort looked and acted for all the world like Mr. Rogers, and even as he took out his knife and began stabbing people, I had people close to me making excuses for him, at least until he slit their throats, while using dupes in the organization. It was all very educational, and I realized that if people earned their livelihoods in the FE effort, they were easily taken out, either by each other, as greed and the like reared its head, or by the agents of organized suppression, who almost effortlessly manipulated them. I regularly encounter people who think that they can spot such people by just looking at them, and I have news for them: they can’t. Those psychopaths who were sicced on us were very good at what they did, and perfectly mimicked the Boy Scout demeanor. When Mr. Deputy finally dropped his mask for me, as I sat on the witness stand, it was the turning point of my life.

I had to watch big names in the FE field make excuses for Mr. Skeptic’s pathological lying while they turned around and attacked Brian, as he duped them with his affable skeptic charade. What is wrong with that picture? It is OK to begin one’s journey naively. Everybody that I respected the most began that way, including me. But we eventually woke up. When you wake up, you begin to become worldly. You develop discrimination, can winnow the wheat from the chaff, and the like, and those that I invite into the choir I plan to be worldly and discriminating enough to spot the Mr. Texases, the Mr. Deputies, the hit men, if they somehow infiltrate themselves into my effort (if I garner any success, they will certainly try, and free-lance psychopaths will also come running) and begin trying to incite a mutiny (of course, so that they can selflessly lead the noble effort :) ).

But since no money will change hands for a very long time, if ever, and whatever technology might come out of my effort is going to be given away, that will present a very hard nut to crack for Godzilla and friends. Of course, without the bait of self-interest, not many are going to be attracted to my efforts, and that is my intention. I seek needles in haystacks and know it. This task is not suited for those who want to rush out and do something. That is suicidal in this milieu, and such half-cocked newbies can also ruin the lives of those around them.

As I learned from my days with Dennis and Brian, you can put on shows, mount technical efforts as a business, mount conferences and the like, but that does not attract the people who are needed. It instead attracts opportunists, gawkers, those trying to fill their social needs, etc., and maybe one or two in the crowd will have the right stuff. Talk is cheap. I worked for free for months before Dennis began to take me seriously.

The agents of suppression are also sure to attend such gatherings, and murder is among their specialties, but they are best suited for playing silver-tongued Pied Pipers, to lead the herd astray. Herds are easily led astray by playing to their sociality, and those Pied Pipers stampede them right over the cliff. Sentient beings are needed, not herd members. As Seth once said, nothing is more powerful than truly sentient beings combining their efforts from a unity of purpose. When those in the choir don’t need my help anymore, to keep their eyes on the ball and hit the notes, then my work will be finished.

Best,

Wade

Edited by Wade Frazier

Hi:

My time is limited this morning, and I have wanted to write for some time on the hazards of reading reviews. A year ago, I read the reviews on Peter Ward and Joe Kirschvink’s latest book, and hesitated to buy it. What a fool. It is a goldmine for somebody like me, and when I update my big essay this year, that book will be well represented. It is cutting-edge stuff. Ward and Kirschvink are towering figures in their own right, and some of the reviews I read were from specialists who did not seem to see the bigger picture, or bewailed that Kirschvink seemed too interested in the Snowball Earth episode, when Kirschvink actually coined the term. Ward and Kirschvink are polymaths, and are going to come up with polymath kinds of views, which specialists ignore at their peril.

For books like that one, I read with notepaper in hand, making notes where important ideas are for my work. But in the end, when I wrote my big essay, I generally ended up rereading entire books in which I made those copious notes, and it was time well spent, as the information “seated” better. Nick Lane’s latest and the Ward/Kirschvink book are going to be the core of that essay update, and I keep studying Lane’s book, putting it down, and coming back to it, trying to wrap my head around it. I have been recently rereading the Ward/Kirschvink book, to have it sink in more, and while reading it, I realized that it is going to be easy to find the parts that I want to put in, and where I want to put them in, because that book is organized like mine is, on a timeline. That sure makes it easier! :)

Best,

Wade

Hi:

I have some time this evening. I would like to address a subject that continually rears its head. The bulls-eye of what I am doing is understanding abundance and realizing that nobody is going make FE happen for us. More than 99% of humanity reacts to the idea of FE with denial and fear. For the relative few that get beyond that, it is virtually a constant that beginners think of all the easy ways to FE that nobody ever thought of before! :) That is their egos talking, and I have yet to see one of those “bright ideas” that wasn’t a variation of all the failed approaches. It is this movement or that movement, that is ready-made to go after FE, some New Age guru with his flock/harem that he can direct at the issue, some billionaire who is going to cut the big check and we all get The Muppet Movie ending, the “progressives,” the conspiracists (actually they never get anything done), the clever infomercial that will wake everybody up, the Hollywood movie, the presidential candidate that just needs to be informed, the high-tech mogul/philanthropist, the FE inventor who really is the Messiah, and so on, ad naseum. I truly am bombarded with that stuff, and I get to work on my patience issues each time. :)

Those are all variations of seeking the easy way out. We don’t have to do the hard work of waking up and achieving true sentience, somebody is going to do it for us. They are just waiting to! :)

I offer a way that will work. I know it will, if enough people with the right stuff do the work. But those people are very few and far between. We will see what kind of dent that I can make in the rest of my life’s “spare” time.

I am only asking for people to let go of their in-group conceits, become scientifically literate, if they aren’t already, and develop the comprehensive perspective that will be needed for the effort to keep its eye on the ball. If we make it to the Fifth Epoch and become a Type 1 civilization, people may marvel at how little was really required of humanity to make it happen.

During the Third Epoch, although writing was invented during it, most people were illiterate peasants. Two centuries before the Industrial Revolution began in England, only 10% of the men and 1% of the women were literate. When I was growing up in Ventura, our next-door neighbors’ mother grew up in the agrarian South in the early 20th century, and she was illiterate. It was an embarrassing affliction that nobody talked about, and it was like the woman was mentally disabled.

In the Fourth Epoch, reading and writing is something that nearly 100% of children learn, but about 95% of the population is scientifically illiterate, which is a similar proportion of illiteracy in the Third Epoch. In the Fifth, scientific literacy is something that all children will learn, just like Fourth Epoch children learn reading, writing, and arithmetic today.

If I could time-travel to the Fifth Epoch to recruit choristers, I could easily fill up the slots with children. :) But on Earth today, it is not so easy.

Best,

Wade

Hi:

A little more on scientific literacy, before I get back to the Seattle posts. When you become scientifically literate, you can develop your own tools of discernment and awareness. This is highly important, and that critical faculty also extends to scholarship. In a world of scarcity and fear, many scientists and scholars have sold their souls to the prevailing winds of wealth and power. I chronicle many of them in my work, from the “skeptics” to historians that turn genocidists into national heroes (1, 2) and saints, literally, to “good news” advocates who never met a corporate chemical that they didn’t like, to Global Warming deniers, to journalists who are nothing more than mouthpieces for wealth and power, and so on.

Not only are there innumerable sycophants to wealth and power, muddying the waters to keep the herd bewildered, the masses often exercise no discernment at all, with their awareness of such issues being little more than daily gossip and reading the tabloids. There is a mountain of chaff for every kernel of wheat on the fringes, and I am besieged by people shoveling the chaff at me, unable to tell that it is chaff, or they want me to sort it out for them. I have more important things to do. I’ll provide a few examples.

I spent a lot of effort looking at the Apollo Moon missions, and I never saw any of “the moon landings were faked” evidence that withstood scrutiny, and most was laughable, but to this day, I am approached by people who argue for faked moon landings, but they have almost no familiarity with the evidence and all that they can provide as “proof” is recycled disinformation and other garbage.

You will find all manner of “scholar” and “archeologist” that provide “evidence” for technologically advanced ancient civilizations, but none of what I ever saw withstood the slightest scrutiny. Virtually all that they point to are stone artifacts. Stone! Stone is not an advanced material. :) The necropolis at Giza, for instance, was the greatest early instance of elite-aggrandizing monumental architecture, during their Bronze Age, when times were good in the Old Kingdom, and the Egyptians never bettered it – they did not have the resources or social impetus for it. Pyramid-building reached its peak in Egypt 4,500 years ago. All over the world, all early civilizations built elite-aggrandizing stone architecture as a form of “display,” and since no civilization has ever been energetically sustainable, they all collapsed, and the most visible remnants of those vanished civilizations were elite stonework, including the Mayans, those who built Teotihuacan, and South American civilizations. In early civilizations where stone was not as available, they made earthen mounds, as they did in Sumer and the Mississippian culture. But there is a veritable cottage industry of “scholars” and amateur archeologists in their pith helmets who provide “evidence” of technologically advanced ancient civilizations, with plenty of “mystical” overtones. Maybe there were such civilizations, but I never saw any such “evidence” provided by those people that withstood any scrutiny, and their claims are laughable, especially when compared to what professionals have done.

For another example, there is a small group of “scholars” who argue that Antarctica was ice-free in historical times, and their evidence amounts to little more than novel interpretations of ancient maps. The scientific evidence is overwhelming that Antarctica’s ice sheet began developing about 35 million years ago, as Earth entered another Icehouse phase after 200 million years of a Greenhouse Earth. There is an awesome amount of scientific evidence to support that view, but some “scholars” examine a few old maps and tell their scientifically illiterate readership that Antarctica was ice free a few centuries ago. That is one example of many that I could provide, and if a person becomes scientifically literate and does the work, they are not led astray by that stuff, which amounts to little more than gossip, but there is a huge readership, whose awareness rarely extends past tabloid headlines, that eats it up.

The scientifically literate can, for example, easily understand why my former partner’s heat pump was the best heating system ever put on the world market, or why my first professional mentor’s engine was the world’s best for powering an automobile. There is really not even anything scientifically unorthodox about them, although the idea that they could be married and produce FE is unorthodox. But unorthodox does not mean wrong, and many of the greatest breakthroughs in science and technology hailed from the unorthodox fringes, such as the ridiculed and ignored Wright brothers. But it takes scientific literacy and hard work to winnow the wheat from the chaff.

Best,

Wade

Hi:

I get asked about Bill Gates regularly, as he sings an “alternative” energy tune. Here is today’s tune: fission! :( Gates is not any kind of visionary, and it is getting frustrating to keep hearing about him and his “solutions.” Gates lives relatively humbly for the world’s richest man, at least officially, but to hear him dominating “alternative” energy talk these days is a sad state of affairs.

I get asked about Elon Musk, too, as if he would be ripe to hear about FE. Damn, he runs a company named after Tesla! I never heard any FE talk coming from him. I don’t follow those talking heads much, but it is hard to avoid it today. Godzilla is chuckling all the way, as a “Tesla” company’s big energy play is a battery factory, or the world’s richest man promotes fission.

To those FE newbies who think that Gates and Musk are just waiting to hear from somebody like me, I have news for them: they aren’t. Brian O banged his head on those doors for many years, and Dennis would get swarmed with billionaires when he was riding high, and none of them were worth a damn. These newbie predilections are all variations of trying to get The Muppet Movie ending after a few days of work, some easy way to the new Epoch, just by calling on the right potentate. It has never worked and never will. Both men have undoubtedly been approached on the FE issue many times. I don’t know and don’t care what their reactions have been, but they were likely some variation of reactions in Levels 1, 2, 3, and 5, and if they are the least bit worldly, and I think they would be, then they should know about stuff like this. It is very possible that they are playing a role, knowingly, feigning being true visionaries. But really, I try to not pay attention to them. It can be a seductive thought that they would wake up and throw their weight behind FE, but it is a waste of time and would actually be dangerous to them if they did. Then Godzilla would finally roll out of bed and deal with the threat. I would not talk to Gates about FE if he wanted to.

Best,

Wade