The Education Forum

I retract my request for account deletion.

Guest Duncan MacRae

Dear mods, Spot the thread disrupting ROKC minion subordinate messenger on my, as you will observe, no rules have been broken by me thread.

Duncan MacRae, completely coherent and sane. :up

Sounds like perfectly normal Scottish to me!

-- Tommy Mahon (name pre adoption) :sun

PS Welcome back, Duncan!

Unfortunately, while you were gone I discovered in your GIF that Prayer Person has sideburns.

Must be a Canadian woman.

Edited by Thomas Graves

https://www.facebook.com/viralthreaddotcom/videos/629014507240395/?theater

The caption to this video reads "Nothing quite like an angry Scotsmen". :)

(no malice intended with this or the previous post; merely an attempt at humour to lighten things up a bit)

Edited by Robert Prudhomme

Dear mods, Spot the thread disrupting ROKC minion subordinate messenger on my, as you will observe, no rules have been broken by me thread.

Oh Duncan - pot, kettle, black.

ps. "minion, subordinate, messenger"?? - I think just one of those words would have conveyed your point.

Are you looking forward to the new PM Research thread? I am. :)

Duncan,

Are you in Scotland? Or the U.S.? Or elsewhere?

If you are located outside the U.S., please tell me this: Why do non-U.S. persons have any interest in the JFK assassination?

Hi Jon

I'm not sure how the rest of the world saw JFK but, here in Canada in the early 60's, he was seen as almost a demi-god when we all made it through the Cuban Missile Crisis alive. I was only seven at the time of the crisis, but I clearly recall my parents and aunts and uncles being riveted to our black and white TV watching the crisis unfold, and breathing a great collective sigh of relief when they realized we weren't all going to be burnt to cinders.

When JFK died, we felt we lost something great, too. Although mine never did, many public schools here sent their pupils home for the rest of the day, and my Grade 3 teacher, Mrs. Patrick, wept openly when our principal announced the news over the intercom.

How could we not have an interest in the JFK assassination? It was the end of Camelot, and the king was dead.