The Education Forum

Similarity?

Considering that a statement is supposed to be in the witness's own words, look at the following and tell me if I'm just paranoid, or there is a marked similarity between these four statements.

Mrs. Karan Hicks 22 H 650 (statement to FBI dated March 20, 1964): “On November 22, 1963 I left my office about 11:30 A.M. to see the Presidential Motorcade which was to pass along Elm Street in front of the building. I was with Mrs . Gloria Calvery, Apt. 120, 1023 Hurwitz Rd., Irving, Texas, Mrs. Carol Read, 6428 Silvery Moon Drive, Dallas, Texas and Miss Karen Westbrook, 6606 Atha Drive, Dallas, Texas. We walked to Elm street and stopped at a point on the north edge of Elm Street about halfway between Houston Street and the Triple Underpass. We were standing at this point when President John F. Kennedy was shot. The car he was in was almost directly in front of where I was standing when I heard the first explosion. I did not immediately recognize this sound as a gunshot.”

Carol Reed 22 H 668 (statement to FBI dated March 19, 1964): "At the time President Kennedy was shot I was standing on the curb of Elm Street about mid-way between the Texas School Book Depository Building and the Elm Street Railroad overpass. I was with Mrs. Karan Hicks, 926 North Marsalis, Apt. N, Dallas; Miss Karen Westbrook, 6606 Atha, Dallas ; and Mrs. Gloria Calvary, 1023 Hurwitz, Apt. 120, Irving, Texas, at the time the President was shot.”

Mrs. Gloria Calvary 22 H 638 (statement to FBI dated March 19, 1964): “We walked to Elm Street and stopped at a point on the north side of Elm Street about halfway between Houston Street and the Triple Underpass. We were standing at this point when President John F. Kennedy was shot. The car he was in was almost directly in front of where I was standing when I heard the first shot.”

Karen Westbrook 22 H 679 (statement to FBI dated March 18, 1964): “We walked to Elm Street and stopped at a point on the north edge of Elm Street about halfway between Houston Street and the Triple Underpass. We were standing at this point when President John F. Kennedy was shot. The car he was in was almost directly in front of where I was standing when I heard the first explosion. I did not immediately recognize this sound as a gun shot.”

You're not paranoid.

The only explanation (aside from the obvious, fabrication) would be if they all gave their statements together...ie: in the same room, at the same time, to the same person.

I agree.

And overheard each other.

--Tommy :sun

Edited by Thomas Graves