The Education Forum

Jim DiEugenio on The Devil's Chessboard

As I note below, I had to read the book twice. And took 43 pages of notes.

No reviewer can read this just once and do justice to it.

The book has so much new material in it and so much that has been reworked from different angles.

The best book on Dulles there is.

http://www.ctka.net/2015/TalbotDulles.html

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a lot of homework done there Jim. I quickly spotted where you quote Talbot saying "James McCord, [part] of the CIA’s Office of Security, called the case a suicide. (p. 296)". I may be mistaken, but my understanding is McCord wasn't just [part] of Office of Security, but he was Director of Security. McCord was in charge of Security operations at Langley and JMWAVE.

​McCord was also responsible for heading up counterintelligence against FPCC and Lee H. Oswald. I have found a document which outlines Banister FBI reporting to McCord, McCord was also FBI at one time, this information is apart of my updated book.

Scott Kaiser

Edited by Scott Kaiser

Thanks Jim for a masterful review of The Devil's Chessboard.

The truth will out in that those refusing to review the book only serve to confirm its veracity in the public mind.

A couple comments--more than deceit, betrayal seems to have been the hallmark of Dulles, starting with his wife, his son, his sister and her Jewish husband, Quaker and Unitarian do-gooders, Europe's Jews, American presidents to name a few. Betrayal - of personal trust and of principles and practices we assume all take for granted. With a good chuckle and puff on the pipe. John Loftus's novel The Witness Tree is an intriguing look at the Dulles siblings, and rarely mentioned. Which brings me to another "self evident truth", ie when something or someone is betrayed, as Dulles did repeatedly, it may well be not simply sadistic or perverse (though that too), but for a "higher purpose" - in this case in defence of Capitalism and individual Capitalists. For the Dulles's that meant Sullivan and Cromwell clients primarily Standard Oil NJ=Esso=Exxon and ultimately the core Rockefellers Nelson and David. The Twin Towers. AWD and JFD were the ultimate managers for this class. Perhaps a sequel tying their betrayals and slaughter in our name to their true authors will be titled The Neverending Story. Thanks again Jim and of course David

Yes, I agree...a great review. I was privileged to have heard an excerpt from David's book about a year ago, and was impressed with his writing, but was concerned that he might take some short cuts to reach his conclusion Dulles was involved in the assassination. Thanks to Jim's review, it's now clear David sets up this conclusion via a detailed history of Dulles' questionable undertakings.

The thought occurs that one could write a history of the Warren Commission in a similar manner. A chapter or two on Rankin's and the commissioners' background, including Warren's and McCloy's role in the internment of Japanese Californians, then a series of chapters on the Warren Commission's activities and conclusions. Then another couple of chapters on the aftermath, including Ford's rise to the White House, Specter's ascent to the Senate, David Belin's role in the Rockefeller Commission, and the subsequent careers of Rankin and Katzenbach. I suspect this would be most illuminating, and would become a classic study of how politics perverts the pursuit of truth.

Edited by Pat Speer

That's a lot of homework done there Jim. I quickly spotted where you quote Talbot saying "James McCord, [part] of the CIA’s Office of Security, called the case a suicide. (p. 296)". I may be mistaken, but my understanding is McCord wasn't just [part] of Office of Security, but he was Director of Security. McCord was in charge of Security operations at Langley and JMWAVE.

​McCord was also responsible for heading up counterintelligence against FPCC and Lee H. Oswald. I have found a document which outlines Banister FBI reporting to McCord, McCord was also FBI at one time, this information is apart of my updated book.

Scott Kaiser

Scott, Not quite sure what you mean by "Banister FBI reporting to McCord" ??

Could you clarify that a bit?

Thanks

Bill

I understand that Allen Dulles was amoral and self-centered. As were many powerful individuals at the time.

One cannot be sure of his thinking as a Warren Commission member.

I've no problem believing he thought it was good (either for himself, his friends, or the U.S.) to conceal the truth surrounding the JFK assassination.

But where does that leave me? With the conclusion he fudged the Warren Report (with help from Ford, McCloy, and Warren)? I can buy that, but I have to ask why all four individuals decided to fudge the report, as I believe they did.

My take is that LBJ, with the backing of the FBI and the CIA, said here's the deal; Oswald did it. Which was easy for everyone. It let everyone off the hook. A lone nut did it. Case closed.

Bottom line: Many individuals highly placed in the U.S. Government had good reason to avoid digging for the full truth. This doesn't mean they were culpable in JFK's death; just that they benefited from his death and were satisfied with that. Period.

Scott Kaiser

Thanks

Bill

Bill, glad you were the only one who caught that, PM me your email and I'll dig up the CIA document and provide you the information so long as you keep this to yourself. This is new information going in my book. With more than one million five hundred thousand documents this was like finding a needle in a haystack. Guess I just got lucky. There are a few Watergate burglars still alive today that also confirmed the information. I mean exactly what I'm saying, Banister did do some reporting to McCord. McCord did head up the counterintelligence against FPCC not Banister.

Scott Kaiser

P.S. You may contact me at scott-kaiser@hotmail.com please title in the subject line "McCord" I'll send you the document under the condition you are not to share this document with anyone, no exceptions.

Edited by Scott Kaiser

Scott Kaiser

Thanks

Bill

Bill, glad you were the only one who caught that, PM me your email and I'll dig up the CIA document and provide you the information so long as you keep this to yourself. This is new information going in my book. With more than one million five hundred thousand documents this was like finding a needle in a haystack. Guess I just got lucky. There are a few Watergate burglars still alive today that also confirmed the information. I mean exactly what I'm saying, Banister did do some reporting to McCord. McCord did head up the counterintelligence against FPCC not Banister.

Scott Kaiser

P.S. You may contact me at scott-kaiser@hotmail.com please title in the subject line "McCord" I'll send you the document under the condition you are not to share this document with anyone, no exceptions.

Hey Scott!

I noticed it, too.

And I also noticed it when you first alluded to it on this forum several weeks ago.

Could you also please send it to me via e-mail (you already have my e-mail address)?

I hereby promise not to tell anyone about it or share it with anyone.

Thanks,

--Tommy :sun

Hi Thomas, yes, let me dig it up, and I'll shoot it over to you, no pun intended, and thank you for keeping it to yourself, I wholeheartedly believe if you start to share everything you have, it no longer is exclusive information. Sandra London told me that. I also have a lot of names kept in my contact list, can you please shoot me over an email so I can reply with the document, thanks.

Scott

Edited by Scott Kaiser

I understand that Allen Dulles was amoral and self-centered. As were many powerful individuals at the time.

One cannot be sure of his thinking as a Warren Commission member.

I've no problem believing he thought it was good (either for himself, his friends, or the U.S.) to conceal the truth surrounding the JFK assassination.

But where does that leave me? With the conclusion he fudged the Warren Report (with help from Ford, McCloy, and Warren)? I can buy that, but I have to ask why all four individuals decided to fudge the report, as I believe they did.

My take is that LBJ, with the backing of the FBI and the CIA, said here's the deal; Oswald did it. Which was easy for everyone. It let everyone off the hook. A lone nut did it. Case closed.

Bottom line: Many individuals highly placed in the U.S. Government had good reason to avoid digging for the full truth. This doesn't mean they were culpable in JFK's death; just that they benefited from his death and were satisfied with that. Period.

Jon - so what? We already knew that. Doesn't mean that Dulles didn't have a hand in it. It was all very convenient wasn't it?

Scott - in your view is the source reliable?

I would say he is, he's ex-CIA, and I don't think he knows his document is missing, and if he does, I'm quite certain that he knows who took it. I've already said it a million times, perhaps, I need to say it a million more, there isn't a single person that sat on that WC panel that was behind the plot to assassinate the president. I strongly believe, that LBJ assembled this panel DCI of the CIA to manipulate the agency into the cover-up, Hoover was close to LBJ, and a Chief Justice Earl Warren may not have been presented with all the facts, Ford committed a Federal crime by tampering with evidence. Ford was LBJ's biggest brown nose.

It was a carefully planned, well executed panel that did not receive all the pertinent facts, yet, they all signed their names on the report in order to prevent WWIII.

Scott

Edited by Scott Kaiser