The Education Forum

Death of William Weyland Turner

William Weyland Turner died on 26th December, 2015. I never met him but he was always helpful by email.

It should not be forgotten that Turner was the senior editor at Ramparts when several articles appeared on the subject of the assassination of JFK. Books by Turner include Hoover's FBI: The Men and the Myth (1970), Power on the Right (1973), The Assassination of Robert F. Kennedy (1978), The Fish Is Red: The Story of the Secret War Against Castro (1981) and Deadly Secrets (1992) (with Warren Hinckle). He also wrote a great autobiography, Rearview Mirror: Looking Back at the FBI, the CIA and Other Tails (2001). In his book he published details of wiretapping and bugging abuses by the FBI, its secret campaign against left-wing groups such as Cesar Chavez's United Farm Workers Union and the stealth war against Cuba.

http://spartacus-educational.com/JFKturnerW.htm

• 2 weeks later...

I will miss William Turner. His work on the JFK assassination was among the best ever printed.

I especially appreciate his book, Power on the Right (1971) which shines a spotlight on the DPD who, IMHO, sit at the center of the JFK assassination along with General Walker.

William Turner, a former FBI Agent, wasn't timid about criticizing the FBI or J. Edgar Hoover, or the Police Establishment. He was a courageous writer.

Gaeton Fonzi and William Turner agreed that we already know what happened at Dealey Plaza to a fair degree. The political motives against JFK are glaring at us: the Bay of Pigs, the Cuban Missile Crisis, second thoughts about Vietnam and a secret outreach to Fidel Castro.

Many agree that William Turner is substantially correct to generally link the JFK Kill Team with CIA-rogue and Mafia plotters who simply shifted their assassination apparatus for killing Fidel Castro to kill JFK in Dallas.

Yet William Turner wouldn't commit to a Ground Crew. I think that the evidence leads us to General Walker and the Power on the Right in Dallas, and linking this with CIA/Mafia plotters was sticky and iffy.

William Turner, IMHO, came very close to solving the JFK conspiracy entirely on his own. He will be missed.

Best regards,

--Paul Trejo

• 5 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...