The Education Forum

Souvenir typescript of the November 22, 1963, Dallas Police Department apprehension report of Lee Harvey Oswald

I know we have mentioned JFK related items on here before such as the LHO wedding ring from this same auction house a while back...

There is a new auction running for what is described as a

Souvenir typescript of the November 22, 1963, Dallas Police Department apprehension report of Lee Harvey Oswald

What constitutes a "souvenir typescript" in the USA ? It's obviously not the original as there are photo's of them all in later life signing it but the document itself dated November 22 1963 didn't ring any bells with me so I thought I would ask here....Click or hover over the images to read them full size...

As he approached this suspect the suspect said, ‘This is it,’ and sprang from the seat. Officer McDonald began to grapple with the suspect and the suspect got his hand on a gun that was stuck inside his shirt. As the officer and the suspect wrestled for the gun, the suspect pulled the trigger once and the gun snapped, but did not fire

http://www.rrauction.com/bidtracker_detail.cfm?IN=363

I know we have mentioned JFK related items on here before such as the LHO wedding ring from this same auction house a while back...

There is a new auction running for what is described as a

What constitutes a "souvenir typescript" in the USA ? It's obviously not the original as there are photo's of them all in later life signing it but the document itself dated November 22 1963 didn't ring any bells with me so I thought I would ask here....Click or hover over the images to read them full size...

As he approached this suspect the suspect said, ‘This is it,’ and sprang from the seat. Officer McDonald began to grapple with the suspect and the suspect got his hand on a gun that was stuck inside his shirt. As the officer and the suspect wrestled for the gun, the suspect pulled the trigger once and the gun snapped, but did not fire

http://www.rrauction.com/bidtracker_detail.cfm?IN=363

Completely at odds with the final version... as usual... here they don't seem to know who they are looking for, shaking down random patrons. Final version - Oswald was pointed out to them by Johnny Brewer or someone presumed to be Brewer...

Thanks Greg...I couldn't recall having seen it before.....

Is anyone familiar with this document ?

I don'r recall having seen it before, and I once went through the entire DPD collection.

Despite any claims of authenticity, I wouldn't be surprised if it was written specifically to add to the retirement funds of the 4 fat flatfooters signing it.