The Education Forum

The disappearing threads

Greg Parker

In a post made on Jan 28, Richard Gilbride made some pretty serious allegations against me and threatened to have criminal charges laid.

Twice now I have started threads to rebut those charges. Both times those threads have disappeared while Gilbride's original allegations remain for all to see.

The second thread disappearing was particularly troubling because it contained the proof that there was no substance to Gilbride's charges.

Given the above, I will make no further posts on this forum until I receive a satisfactory response as to WHO took those threads down - and why.

Is this 1984?

Sure seems like it.

I don't blame you for being pissed off Greg. I remember Richard Gilbride's inflammatory remarks (which I assumed were true, only because I didn't think he would lie) and I can't blame you at all for defending yourself. Good luck in getting satisfaction for both your injustices.

In a post made on Jan 28, Richard Gilbride made some pretty serious allegations against me and threatened to have criminal charges laid.

Twice now I have started threads to rebut those charges. Both times those threads have disappeared while Gilbride's original allegations remain for all to see.

The second thread disappearing was particularly troubling because it contained the proof that there was no substance to Gilbride's charges.

Given the above, I will make no further posts on this forum until I receive a satisfactory response as to WHO took those threads down - and why.

Is this 1984?

Sure seems like it.

Not sure about 1984, but, an explanation is definitely overdue, please...

I would have thought it was clear that threads reflecting personal disputes by members are not allowed on the discussion forum. When detected they will be hidden. The PM function is available for that kind of conversation.

This is not a matter for discussion: this is an administration privilege and interpretation.