The Education Forum

List of Withheld JFK Assassination Documents

Stephen:

It appears that the initial reports were not quite as accurate as we might have wished!

The summary originally published by whowhatwhy.org said that the files contained, among other things, "Documents related to the media, x-rays of Kennedy’s body, autopsy photographs, the famed Zapruder film, footage shot by Orville Nix and other witnesses." The existence of this specific group of records no longer appears to be the case, and the web page has been amended to reflect this, as follows: - "Note: due to an editing error, an earlier version of this article incorrectly referenced several topics that were not found in the papers. It has been updated to remove those references."

Chris.

I discuss the new document list of withheld records at Http://JFKCountercoup.blogspot.com

Bill, OR ANYONE!

Looking at the records that were denied for many years and have now been released, have the releasing agencies ever been challenged when it appears that National Security was not an issue, and the records should never have been denied?

Thanks for any thoughts,

Tom

Edited by Tom Neal

Stephen:

It appears that the initial reports were not quite as accurate as we might have wished!

The summary originally published by whowhatwhy.org said that the files contained, among other things, "Documents related to the media, x-rays of Kennedy’s body, autopsy photographs, the famed Zapruder film, footage shot by Orville Nix and other witnesses." The existence of this specific group of records no longer appears to be the case, and the web page has been amended to reflect this, as follows: - "Note: due to an editing error, an earlier version of this article incorrectly referenced several topics that were not found in the papers. It has been updated to remove those references."

Chris.

There's enough testosterone in all these forms, no need for me to mention I was among the first, if not, the first to tell you. "I told you so."

Good question Tom,

New analysis of these records will include that question

BK

Excellent.

Thanks, Bill

Tom

Bill, OR ANYONE!

Looking at the records that were denied for many years and have now been released, have the releasing agencies ever been challenged when it appears that National Security was not an issue, and the records should never have been denied?

Thanks for any thoughts,

Tom

I can hardly wait!

Edited by Scott Kaiser