The Education Forum

WARNING to Forum Members: Please Read This!

Jim Hargrove

David Von Pein is taking selected excerpts of your words posted here—along with your names--and pasting them on his “DVP's JFK Archive,” website, in episodes that usually end with his self-proclaimed victory over any and all others.

Among the people whose words he takes are Jim DiEugenio, Pat Speer, Sean Murphy, Thomas Graves, Greg Parker, Sandy Larson, Jon G. Tidd, me, and many, many others.

The excerpts are sometimes short, sometimes VERY long, but always, in their totals, far beyond what anyone would consider fair use.

Here are some examples of what he is doing:

jfk-archives.blogspot.com/2015/10/jfk-assassination-arguments-part-1058.html

jfk-archives.blogspot.com/2014/12/oswald-ordered-rifle.html

jfk-archives.blogspot.com/2013/04/dvp-vs-dieugenio-part-87.html#Ruth-Paine-Calendar

Did you give your permission to Mr. Von Pein to use your words on his website? Did he ask you if the selection he took was accurate, complete, and a true representation of your feelings on the matter in question?

Posting on the internet does not put anyone's original words in the public domain, unless it is explicitly stated that the work is intended to be in the public domain.

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jim,

Everyone here has consented to be in the public arena.

The stuff anyone posts here is non-copyright material unless so designated.

No one who posts here can maintain a libel action against one who falsely portrays what was posted unless the false portrayal was made with knowledge of the falsity or reckless disregard of the falsity.

In any event, it sounds to me that DVP is preaching to the choir. Which is OK.

Von Pein has suffered lately, mightily... I suspect what he's doing is bolstering his loon nut position for nutter's (his choir) sake. He needs a victory of any sort and can't find one. Even co-authoring a nutter book. So its back to shoring up his own disinfo site.

The 1964 Warren Commission Report is garbage. Of course Mark Lane and Harold Weisberg knew THAT way back when! DVP is coming to understand that!

Edited by David G. Healy

Von Pein has suffered lately, mightily...

LOL.gif

Yeah, Healy, the recent verification that Oswald's money order is legit and genuine (via the File Locator Number) was a real bummer for the LN side, wasn't it?

jfk-archives.blogspot.com/The-File-Locator-Number-On-The-Hidell-Money-Order

BTW:

When Healy makes his first post here that has any "JFK" substance to it, please call ABC and FOX News immediately! That will be major Breaking News.

So its [sic] back to shoring up his own disinfo site.

I'll bet the moderators just love comments like this. :)

Edited by David Von Pein

Von Pein has suffered lately, mightily...

LOL.gif

Yeah, Healy, the recent verification that Oswald's money order is legit and genuine (via the File Locator Number) was a real bummer for the LN side, wasn't it?

jfk-archives.blogspot.com/The-File-Locator-Number-On-The-Hidell-Money-Order

BTW:

When Healy makes his first post here that has any "JFK" substance to it, please call ABC and FOX News immediately! That will be major Breaking News.

So its [sic] back to shoring up his own disinfo site.

I'll bet the moderators just love comments like this. :)

Mr. Von Pein is a man with a GREAT imagination! He takes all kinds of things many of us post here, shuffles them up into whatever order appeals to him, and then reassembles them into imaginary conversations on his website, always, I'm guessing, proving whatever point he wishes to make about how great the Warren Commission was.
Now he changes the subject of this thread and declares that the Magic Money Order is “legit and genuine (via the File Locator Number)” and offers, as proof, one of the imaginary conversations on his website! Let's go with his redirection for a moment.
Saying the bogus money order is legit because of a file locator number is like saying a counterfeit twenty dollar bill has to be genuine because it has “THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA” and “IN GOD WE TRUST” and “TWENTY DOLLARS” printed on it. Anyone with knowledge of how the system works, such as Dallas Postal Inspector/FBI informant Harry Holmes could have easily put together this forgery. (He's the fellow, by the way, who allegedly found the stub of the Magic Money Order, but never produced it, and then couldn't remember the guy who gave it to him.)
We know the Magic Money Order is a fraud because it was never processed by any bank or financial institution, in clear violation of Postal regulations. We also know it is bogus from the statements in daily newspapers and television newscasts from the days immediately after the assassination, when information that could have ONLY come from the FBI indicated “Oswald/Hidell” purchased a $12.78 rifle (instead of the $19.95 price the FBI eventually settled on) and that he ordered it on March 20 (as opposed to the March 12 date on the Magic Money Order.)
These are “facts” and reports the FBI couldn't fabricate and backdate because they were already in the public record.
Airtight.jpg
CLICK HERE to see and hear TV newsman Frank Reynolds tell America "Oswald" ordered the rifle on March 20, 1963.
Many other factors indicate that the alleged handling of the money order as presented by the Warren Commission is completely false are presented in John Armstrong's write-up called “Mail Order Rifle.” READ IT HERE.
Edited by Jim Hargrove

Jim,

Everyone here has consented to be in the public arena.

The stuff anyone posts here is non-copyright material unless so designated.

No one who posts here can maintain a libel action against one who falsely portrays what was posted unless the false portrayal was made with knowledge of the falsity or reckless disregard of the falsity.

In any event, it sounds to me that DVP is preaching to the choir. Which is OK.

That's not exactly what is said on the Education Forum's homepage, Jon. The first line under “Terms of Use” is this:
Unless otherwise stated, the copyright and other intellectual property rights in all material on this site is owned or controlled by the Education Forum.
I don't see anything about public domain. Did we all have to consent to something different when we signed up? I don't recall.

That is a good point Jim.

I had not recalled that.

Hmm. So Davey's piggybacking and "recreations' are a violation.

BTW, I asked a bank supervisor about postal money orders a few days ago.

My question was: "Do you treat them any differently than any other currency, like checks or bank money orders?"

Craig: "No, we don't."

Edited by James DiEugenio

Mr. Von Pein...then reassembles them into imaginary conversations on his website.
"Imaginary conversations"? Maybe you'd better choose some other words to describe my verbatim quoting of CTers on my website, Jim. Because those two words you just utilized are just plain ridiculous.
You're going to have a tough time finding anything "imaginary" about the conversations on my site. (I always provide a link to the source conversation, if available, as well. So if somebody wants to check out the original thread, they can do so.) And you'll have an even tougher chore trying to find where I have misquoted someone on my site--ever.
And if you're also implying that I don't permit CTers to have their say or get in their licks against me when I transfer written material to my site---think again. Because you'd be dead wrong if you were to think anything like that.
Edited by David Von Pein

Hmm. So Davey's piggybacking and "recreations' are a violation.

Yeah, sure, Jimmy. And you've NEVER copied anyone's posts from JFK forums to use in your CTKA articles, have you? Like, say, this little smear piece against "Disinformation Dave", as you called him....

http://www.ctka.net/2010/dvp.html

Pot meets Kettle (again).

And I sure hope to God that Jimbo got bank supervisor "Craig's" express written approval before quoting him in this thread above. If not, a lawsuit will surely be pending!

Edited by David Von Pein

This thread reminds me of whack-a-mole.

I wish you hadn't said that. Now I have a sudden hunger for some guacamole.