The Education Forum

JFK ordered a complete withdrawal from Vietnam in 1963

Scott, why did you feel the need to take my sincere and polite advice over to another forum and slag both me and the EdForum?

QUOTE ON:

I did not copy his entire post only because I couldn't read past his first point of trying to sound intelligent. He says:

"1) All researchers are not created equal. Some of the researchers you have engaged here and on the DPF have been at this for a long time and, despite my occasional disagreement with certain interpretations or conclusions, they have earned their gravitas and respect, they have made their bones and chops. You're a relative newbie at this and have not yet earned an automatic gravitas. By all means, make your claims, but they would be better accepted if you do it with more humility. This discussion is at a considerably higher level than a schoolyard fight."

I suppose I didn't make my claims with "humility?" In the beginning of my post, I said, Jim, "this is partially true", then, I explained myself in-full. I'm the one who immediately gets attacked by the opposing idiots is that not humble enough? Sounds to me that if it's not their way it's the highway. I may not be humble when it comes to providing facts to prove my case, but then again, they're two faced.

I would like to point out that in his post, I had no earthly idea that we were to suppose to provide interpretations and/or conclusions and present them as factual evidence! Slaps my forehead, now I know!

Lastly, I have no idea what he means when he says I'm a "newbie" when none of these people lived the life I have, now, I find that ironic. I suppose you have to "earn" your way into a spot that I've lived a life of, now that I find funny as hell. I wonder what some of their bona-fides are?

QUOTE OFF

I'm trying to help you, and you can't even comprehend that my comments in the second line were NOT directed at you.

"I'm finished with this guy...": Vinny Gambini

Edited by Stephen Roy

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic