The Education Forum

Lancer Archive Restoration

Brad,

Thanks I'll look forward to receiving the link.

David,

Are you arguing for this structure to be implemented onto the restored Lancer. I can see advantages of such a structure. Not sure whether there is sufficient info left to restore it. However if you feel that structure would benefit members I am happy to ask if it can be implemented.

James.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

David,

Are you arguing for this structure to be implemented onto the restored Lancer[?] I can see advantages of such a structure. Not sure whether there is sufficient info left to restore it. However if you feel that structure would benefit members I am happy to ask if it can be implemented.

You mean the "Tree" structure, James?

If you mean the tree mode, then I'd say no. I hated that tree mode. As I said in my last post, I always opted for the "Linear" mode when viewing Lancer forum threads. That "tree" method is something I never used. It's awful, IMO. So I wouldn't care if that type of formatting was restored or not. I'll certainly never use it—unless it's the only way to view the threads.

Edited by David Von Pein

@ David Von Pein:

David posted:

'FWIW / FYI....

Here's an example of the "tree" formatting Brad just spoke of (screen capture saved via the Wayback Machine at Archive.org on April 29, 2005):

JFKLancerForum.com/topic-id=17758

But the "tree" method wasn't the only way to view Lancer forum threads. You could also opt to switch to the "Linear Mode" for viewing the forum's threads (which is the method I always used, because I found it much easier and less confusing). I don't think any linear views of any threads have been archived by the Wayback Machine, however.

Edited by David Von Pein'

Way to go, David!!! Your visual knocked the ball out of the park with bases loaded! Thank you, Sir. The visual shows exactly what I was trying to convey to Larry Hancock in non-computer speak words. You saved the day for me, David.

Believe it or not, David, in all my many visits to the Lancer Forum (as a silent lurker), I was unaware of the linear view. I never used it because I didn't know that option was even there.

I am quickly becoming a big fan of your online computer skills, David. From this moment on, I promise to either try and rescue you if Mrs. Rodgers sends you out into her hallway (or at least bring my desk out there & suffer with you LOL)

I kinda halfway expect when James & his folks finish their Lancer restoration, folks globally will start keeping the thread topics in some format similar to screen grabs (or even primitive means like I used with Word documents). You may have unknowingly launched a new career field, David. For lack of a better name, I'll call it 'website sitting' for now (lol).

Many thanks, distinguished & esteemed Sir,

Brad Milch

PS: Using David's illustration, imagine yourself returning to Lancer to copy into a Word document the newest additions to the thread (in 'tree' mode) and looking at a multitude of post deletions at different places on the entire thread. In the original post's place would be messages such as 'deleted by moderator/administrator', 'moved to the trash bin', 'locked as hostile content', etc. That's what I was seeing at the lancer Forum for several weeks until the 'server error' message appeared.

Sometimes I would see snarky comments, such as 'You have been warned about posting your garbage in this Forum. Go back to the playground & sell your drugs there. Dealey'

I don't know if I kept any of that stuff or not. I'll find out in time after I finish uploading what I saved & get in into James' hands. I remember seeing a lot of it. Gradually, the entire Forum became nothing but tree deletions. I remember wondering 'what's up with this Dealey character?'

There may be clues in what I saved that may tell us in time who did this horrendous crime to Lancer, Larry Hancock, Debra & her sister Sherry & all others behind the original JFK Lancer website.

Until Larry Hancock informed me here at EF, I wasn't aware I was looking at a hacked website when it died & these many years following.

In time, I hope to learn a good deal on what the global public can do about witnessing a website hack in progress or the aftermath of a cyber attack; who to contact for help, etc. If I see something like what I saw happening to Lancer again, I know now to make screengrabs to help the technician wizards recover their loss & repair it as well as proper authorities catch & punish whoever broke into the 'cyber home' & murdered the occupants 'living' at website.

Edited by Brad Milch

Thanks, Brad.

Another "FYI"....

Here are 16,455 more screen captures from the old Lancer forum (also via the Wayback Machine). A bunch of these links are worthless, however, taking you to pages that aren't there. But if you type the words "show_topic" (with the underscore between the words) into the box marked "Filter results", you'll get results from forum threads that can be displayed. Looking through all this stuff could keep a person busy for years. :) ....

web.archive.org/web/*/http://www.jfklancerforum.com/dc/*

Edited by David Von Pein

@David Von Pein

Does that mean James' wife is not going to see him anymore because she can't get him away from those screen captures & old forum threads, David? (lol)

Wow! When you knock a ball out of the park, it must sail for miles....

Thank You, David. Don't be surprised if folks reading your tech wisdom start freezing in place & gawking at you in public as if you were Moses walking past them with the tablets from the mountain still smoking (lol). I looked at the computer science wizards that very same way back in my college days & I was struggling to put together a basic PowerPoint presentation for a grade (crying).

Brad

Edited by Brad Milch

On 9/17/2016 at 5:54 PM, Brad Milch said:

@David Von Pein

Does that means James' wife is not going to see him anymore because she can't get him away from those screen captures & old forum threads, David? (lol)

Gosh, I hope James isn't like me as far as time spent in front of this square box every day. I'm sitting in front of it nearly every waking moment. (These tyrants at Langley are murder.) :)

But, now that I think about it, that large "Wayback" archive of Lancer threads could be useful in restoring threads and posts that were thought to be previously lost. And I'm thinking that the "Filter" on that page I posted above could be used to put in specific thread (topic) numbers for possible retrieval of each post and page within specific threads.

I have no idea how many total topics were created at the old Lancer forum, but I would imagine that a whole lot of those threads are among the 16,455 links in that Wayback cached archive.

Brad Milch said:

Wow! When you knock a ball out of the park it must sail for miles....

Well, I did play Little League baseball in my youth. But I never did hit a home run. Not a single one. :( But I was a pretty good first baseman [see the short video below]. My teammates called me "Scoop". I think I was probably the shortest first baseman in the history of the game, but I had good hands. :)

https://drive.google.com/video/DVP Playing First Base In 1973

1973-DVP-Baseball-Card.jpg

Cincinnati-Reds-Games-And-Highlights-Log

[End baseball diversion.]

Brad Milch said:

Thank You, David. Don't be surprised if folks reading your tech wisdom start freezing in place & gawking at you in public as if you were Moses walking past them with the tablets from the mountain still smoking (lol).

Thanks for the comparison to ol' Charlton (er, Moses), but my electronic wizardry is nothing special. When it comes to being tech savvy, I can't do half the things my brother can do on a computer. He built his own TV website from the ground up. Sadly, that site is now gone, but part of it is still there via the good ol' Wayback.

I'm just thankful for blog sites like Blogger and Word Press, which allow anyone with a mouse to create as many webpages as they want for free---without needing to know how to build the structure of a webpage from scratch. And if I weren't so slow (and dumb) when it comes to getting into "new" things, I would have created all of my JFK blogs years earlier. Blogger is a Godsend.

Wayback Footnote....

If anybody wants a glimpse of the way The Education Forum appeared in its early days in June of 2004, here's a look .... EducationForum.com/showforum=126

Edited by David Von Pein

I don't think any linear views of any threads have been archived by the Wayback Machine, however.

I was wrong. It would appear that many Lancer pages in "Linear" mode are available through Wayback. I merely put the word "linear" into the filter box---and Voila!

Here's one example:

jfklancerforum.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=set_linear_mode&forum=3&page=&topic_id=40308

Edited by David Von Pein

Astounding, breathtaking.....

You were right, David. Linear view is the way to go. I didn't even know that view was there at the original Lancer {{{{Brad hides his head in shame}}} or I would have used it. I'm afraid to look up 'computer dummy' in Webster's for fear my photo is posted under the definition as an example (crying again).

According to your illustration, what I looked at back in the day was 'threaded' view. I can't help but wonder if I had been in Linear view when Lancer was attacked, if I would have seen all the thread deletions that were occurring regularly at the time that I was looking at the topic discussions in Threaded view? Divine intervention? Only the Shadow knows (lol).

Looking at those names in the Lancer linear view discussion example you posted brings back a lot of memories for me, David. Debra Conway interviews with witnesses has all but been forgotten today. 'No Case To Answer', 'Someone Would Have Talked' & Bill Miller dominated much of the discussions I remember reading.

You are probably right, David. What I'm in the process of screening through to send to James & his team of wizards doesn't come close to looking as nice as your posted examples. Your examples catch things I didn't copy & paste, providing James' restoration wizards much more usable data for analysis than what I captured in my Word documents.

May I make a request? When you have time, can you find any examples just like you posted in linear or tree (threaded) view from around early April, 2010? The JFK Lancer blog apparently was active then. The blog entries cease after April 2010. The mass deletions & snarky comments I saw should be close to that time frame of early April, 2010. I'm waiting for that Dealey character (or his imposter) to pop up. His stuff (or his imposter) is going to raise a lot of eyebrows & red flags if just a portion of his posts that I saw are available online at the places you indicated or when James's teams of wizards find them in their Lancer restoration endeavor. Similar to the rifle left behind in the TSBD, I believe the 'cyber assassin' that murdered the original Lancer Forum also left behind evidence in the deletions & snarky comments that person placed on Lancer's (and Larry Hancock's) server.

From my Federal service days & a couple of classes on a couple server operating systems, I was taught that a server can actually 'murder itself' by improperly being shut down (such as a loss of power). The operating simply goes crazy & is capable of many weird things. James & his wizards know that kind of stuff far better than a couple of server classes could ever have taught me. In this case, the fingerprints that the server is not the culprit are the messages left behind following the deletions, such as 'you've been warned about posting your garbage in this forum'. Those messages, I believe, were made by the cyber assassin that deserves to be in prison for murdering JFK Lancer.

Anybody that accuses you of being part of the Langley boys, just refer them to me, David. Anyone with half a brain knows those fellows spend most of their day after lunker bass in the beautiful lakes of Virginia & West Virginia. I've heard lots of them suffer from massive chigger bite attacks when skipping out from their workload (lol). You simply don't have time to be out fishing with those Langley boys with all you manage to do online, David. Folks that think that way need to 'get real' before they also get listed under 'Internet dummy' in Webster's next to my name (smile). For folks that think that way of me, I ask them: show me the blue ocean crabs, not lunker bass. A true Cajun won't waste their day on 1 or 2 big fish when they might catch 4 or 5 dozen crabs that will feed a LOT of little Cajuns (lol). No fishing with the Langley boys for Brad either.

Your illustrations have brought fresh air into this entire conversation, David. EF members & visitors can now see visually what the Lancer Restoration is all about. They can now 'see' the original Lancer Forum as it was & what James Gordon tells us his wizards will make much better & more secure.

My opinion of you, David? Use this portion of the thread & a couple posts above as examples & notice how the conversation shifted from my vague, confusing descriptions of what Lancer used to look like to the illustrations of the real deal David provided everyone Those that fight you verbally are like those that try to exclude you from conversations or avoid your JFK online media visuals & other cool stuff (like your old movie & TV collections). Those folks only cheat themselves. This conversation would have been cheated had you not joined in, David. Because folks were not cheated, they learned something. They received education they were not cheated out of.

The fundamental difference between you & I, David, is simply that I suffered from 'TMR' (too much Rodgers) & you weren't stuck in her 5th grade class; therefore, you suffer from TLR (too little Rodgers) lol. Other than that, I admire the heck out of you & your many, many gifted smarts, David. I'm not strong enough to face what you face with the strength you have without buckling & collapsing.

John Lennon used to ask his fans to 'Give Peace A Chance'. I never had any problems at all with John. You ask people to 'give the evidence a chance'. As unpopular as it may make me in some circles, I don't have a problem with that request, or you, Mr. Von Pein.

You are da man! Go, David, Go!

Brad

PS: From my personal email comments, I know a lot of diverse people are following this thread closely. I obviously can't tell folks what to think, but since I can post at EF & lurkers can't, may I offer a bit of advice to those jumping way ahead of James Gordon & David Von Pein & me in an attempt to locate 'cyber assassins' that from what little I was taught about servers, a server can be capable of executing itself simply by being improperly turned off. This causes the operating system to go berserk & create havoc even the best of server analysts would have trouble figuring out what happened. This is especially true when the server boots back up. The multitude of things the server was doing when it crashed or was improperly shut down, the calculations, the commands & a whole lot more (that are accomplished in less time than the blink of an eye) can often create a lot of weird things that are visible either immediately, or as time progresses.

With that in mind, please take my prior comments with a grain of salt & allow James Gordon & his team of wizards to complete their restoration & analysis. In my mind, chasing shadows takes a back seat to the new library James & his crew are building out of the old Lancer website. What James & his team create is more important than who (if anyone) killed JFK Lancer. It is quite possible JFK Lancer's server killed itself.

In the meantime, the illustrations that David Von Pein posted of the original Lancer & the places one can obtain more are priceless. They will take a person back in time & allow them to visit a portion of JFK Lancer just as it look when those thread pages were saved. I'd suggest focusing there & not bother James, his team & others with speculation about 'cyber assassins'; instead I suggest doing what I intend to do as time permits: research how one should react to a cyber attack, who to go to for help & what one can do to assist the technicians & analysts attempting to pick everything back up & get the server on its feet again.

Brad Milch

Brad

Edited by Brad Milch

Before I ever read Kathy Becket's last post, I had it in mind to tell Brad that Jerry Dealey was part of the JFK Lancer moderation team back in the days when Lancer was still operating. But Kathy beat me to it.

I've had several Internet and e-mail conversations with Jerry Dealey since 2004, and I always found him to be very pleasant and fair and easy to get along with. At that time, several years ago, I remember that Jerry was known for being a JFK assassination "fence sitter". As I recall, he didn't take a firm position FOR or AGAINST a conspiracy existing in the assassination. He was a "middle of the road" man. (Jerry is also a relative of the famous Dealey family of Dallas.)

Here's an article that Jerry wrote in 2005:

http://www.dealey.org/"I'm Bothered"

And here are some of Jerry's comments about "forums" (from June of 2013):

--- Quote On: ---

"Guys,

Don't usually come out here, although I do on occasion.

Just a couple of comments from a Moderator on another Forum.

John [simkin] owns the Forum. He is entitled to grant or deny access for anyone he wants. If you do not like that, you are always welcome to create your own Forums, and do whatever rules you want. (I can even show you sites that will host them for free.)

A Forum can be pre-approved postings, or open. Open Forums run the risk of inappropriate posting being made before the Moderator can see them, or object to them. Therefore some inappropriate material may appear, although the offender may be warned or banned after the fact.

A Blog typically only has postings that have been approved and put into place by the owner. This often means that you will only see information the owner agrees with, and not diverse opinions.

Social Media (such as Twitter or Facebook) has slowed many of the Forums. As it is open to almost anything, at least ONCE.

John has full rights to only invite and tolerate people who follow his rules. He owns the Forum, and has stated what the rules are. I think he fairly only bans people who violate the rules; however, since it is HIS forum, he can do whatever he wants.

As always, if you don't like the rules of someone else's Forum, you can start your own, and try to get people to show up.

OK. Back to Lancer.

Respectfully,

Jerry Dealey"

--- End Quote ---

@Brad Milch:

Thanks for your comments.

I've done a little more searching of the Lancer links via the good ol' Wayback Machine, but I didn't come across anything from April 2010. But if you persevere and trudge through the 16,000+ pages, you'll probably find at least something. Good luck.

Edited by David Von Pein

Kathy,

Can you please verify for me that your name is spelled Becket (with one T, and not with two T's). I think we had this discussion in the past, but I just want to confirm the spelling, because I hate having misspelled names in my posts and on my site.

Thanks.

Edited by David Von Pein

Kathy & David:

[brad, humbly kneels before the two powers, meekly squeaking out the words, "I'm not worthy" & types]:

Thank you for the info. I'm getting demands for Jerry Dealey's head on a plate in personal emails. As an EF member, please give the man a chance before demanding his crucifixion. In the world of computers & the Internet, things aren't always what they may seem to be. Keep in mind that a server has the capability to do weird things after it has been improperly shut down (such as losing power abruptly with no back up power source installed & operational). In attempting to complete the tasks the server was attempting to complete when the initial disruption occurred, weird things can & do happen when the server is booted back up. In the instruction I received from Uncle Sam educators, system administrators & analysts at that time (early 2000's) couldn't tell exactly what a server would do using a number of different operating systems after recovering from improper shutdown.

For Mr. Dealey: If I caused you any grief over thing I wrote or implied in this thread, I humbly apologize & ask your forgiveness.

For those lurking who suspect Mr. Dealey of cyber assassination because of past comments or treatment between them & him when the original Lancer was alive & kicking: I ask you to give the man the benefit of the doubt & let the matter drop.

Focus on the online library James is building out of the old Lancer instead. It isn't easy to do what James Gordon & his team of wizards is undertaking. When James announces completion, expect to behold a modern miracle.

[brad slowly rises from his knees, bows to Kathy & David & slowly walks backwards from the palace & the guards & prays he still has his head attached when he reaches the door]

Brad Milch

PS: For those who suspect David Von Pein & I are Langley fishing buddies, again I ask you: show me the live blue ocean crabs!

Kathy & David:

[brad, humbly kneels before the two powers, meekly squeaking out the words, "I'm not worthy" & types]:

Thank you for the info. I'm getting demands for Jerry Dealey's head on a plate in personal emails. As an EF member, please give the man a chance before demanding his crucifixion. In the world of computers & the Internet, things aren't always what they may seem to be. Keep in mind that a server has the capability to do weird things after it has been improperly shut down (such as losing power abruptly with no back up power source installed & operational). In attempting to complete the tasks the server was attempting to complete when the initial disruption occurred, weird things can & do happen when the server is booted back up. In the instruction I received from Uncle Sam educators, system administrators & analysts at that time (early 2000's) couldn't tell exactly what a server would do using a number of different operating systems after recovering from improper shutdown.

For Mr. Dealey: If I caused you any grief over anything I wrote or may have implied in this thread, I humbly apologize & ask for your forgiveness. I tried to cloak who I was referring to so as to give James Gordon & his wizard team a heads up as to what to look for in their analysis evidence. I described what I saw over repeated visits to Lancer in its final weeks the forum was visible without naming full names or leading people to draw the wrong conclusions as accurately as I could without leaving important info out. As in the 5th glade, I was tattled on (lol).

I have come up with alternate analysis on my own based on past server training as to why I saw what I did & why it was visible to me & anyone else visiting Lancer's forum that does not involve a person on an administrator of the site. Servers can create their own havoc. Since both James & Larry told us the website was hacked, that indicates to me that what I saw was not the work of yours; it was the work of the hackers.

For those lurking who suspect someone like Mr. Dealey of cyber assassination because of past comments or treatment between them & him when the original Lancer was alive & kicking: I ask you to give the man the benefit of the doubt & let the matter drop. Ask yourself, why would a moderator hack their own website?

Focus on the online library James is building out of the old Lancer instead. It isn't easy to do what James Gordon & his team of wizards is undertaking. When James announces completion, expect to behold a modern miracle.

[brad slowly rises from his knees, bows to Kathy & David & slowly walks backwards from the palace & the guards & prays he still has his head attached when he reaches the door]

Brad Milch

PS: 'The FBI is the lead federal agency for investigating cyber attacks by criminals, overseas adversaries, and terrorists. The threat is incredibly serious—and growing. Cyber intrusions are becoming more commonplace, more dangerous, and more sophisticated. Our nation’s critical infrastructure, including both private and public sector networks, are targeted by adversaries'

Quotation taken from https://www.fbi.gov/investigate/cyber

To not get involved after a cyber attack aids the attackers. A multitude of EF members are also members of another JFK forum that suffered a fairly recent cyber attack. Attack alerts were posted here at EF. That website was Deep Politics Forum.

I recall conversations of that attack in other JFK forums that the attacker monkeyed around & left snarky messages at Deep Politics Forum similar to the messages I recall viewing in JFK Lancer's forum supposedly attributed to Jerry Dealey when Lancer was hacked.

I mention this here because should James Gordon & Deep Politics Forum's system administer ever hook up & compare notes, between the both of them they might have the analysis evidence to determine who the hacker was at both websites.

Edited by Brad Milch

• 2 weeks later...

Guys,

The Lancer Forum was hacked, and by someone calling him/herself Dealey. Was not me, regardless. Those final messages with cussing and other abusive posts were clearly not me, as anyone who dealt with me for several years will tell you. (Hopefully, they will.)

To answer the question though, I think the Forum was hacked in Early 2013, with the 50th anniversary coming up. It was so badly hacked (2nd time) that Deb simply took it down and left it. It had been slowing towards the end anyway, as social media gave people the ability to say anything they wanted, and let the information just slowly scroll away. That allowed for a lot of "hiding behind the keyboard", since it is possible to be almost anyone you want to claim to be on Facebook.

As a Moderator, I seldom actually deleted anyone's post (although I might EDIT out some offensive words or slams, but always with an "EDIT" notation. Even when I would occasionally BAN someone, I would leave their posts up so that EVERYONE could see why they were banned, and the offending reasons. I feel that every person should stand behind what they say, and felt their conduct (good and bad) should be left out there for everyone to read! Their reputation is based on what they say, and how they conduct themselves.

I also was certain to leave all of MY posts and actions on the system, so that others would know how I was treating the Members! It was not until I read THIS subject that I even knew the Hacker was using "Dealey". It points to a number of people that I did have to BAN, and one that would even call my office and harass me vocally (public figure) every week or so, but I am going to try to keep that information to myself and let those bad times be forgot.....

Anything I can do to help the restoration (which appears to be over a year old now), just let me know.

Respectfully, (As always)

Jerry Dealey

Edited by Jerry Dealey