The Education Forum

JFK's "SHALLOW" BACK WOUND REVISITED (FOR THE UMPTEENTH TIME)

Robert Pruhomme said:-

“We know from looking at photos of JFK from earlier on 22/11/63 that the top of his shirt collar was resting against the bottom of his thyroid cartilage (Adam's apple), placing the wound in his throat well below the top of his shirt collar and, coincidentally, almost exactly where the "slits" in his shirt were.”

That is totally incorrect as this image taken at Fort Worth that morning demonstrates.

Fort%20Worth_zpswwukubfe.jpg

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The President's jacket and the back of his shirt showed a bullet hole. The holes in the collar of the shirt were slits, not a bullet holes.

The slits in the shirt do not line up as they would if they were caused by a bullet. The one on the left of the shirt is higher than the one on the right of the shirt. If they had been caused by a bullet the left side would have overlapped the right side.

Dr Carrico said that the wound was above the where the tie was.

Nurse Bowron said that she saw a bullet hole in the throat as she was helping to get the President out of the limo.

Nurse Hinchcliffe said she saw a bullet hole in the President's throat.

Spectrographic examination showed that there were traces of copper, from the bullet, on the President's coat and the hole in the back of the shirt, but none on the slits in the collar.

Robert Pruhomme said:-

“We know from looking at photos of JFK from earlier on 22/11/63 that the top of his shirt collar was resting against the bottom of his thyroid cartilage (Adam's apple), placing the wound in his throat well below the top of his shirt collar and, coincidentally, almost exactly where the "slits" in his shirt were.”

That is totally incorrect as this image taken at Fort Worth that morning demonstrates.

Fort%20Worth_zpswwukubfe.jpg

937828-john-f-kennedy.jpg

Looks like the laryngeal prominence of the thyroid cartilage (Adam's apple) resting on the tie knot to me, James.

Robert,

There are a couple of problems with your image:

a) Your image has a different size collar.

B) It is also drawn together by a clip.

c) His head is positioned differently

but most of all

d) My images shows the shirt JFK was wearing when he was shot. JFK was not shot when wearing the shirt in your picture.

Robert,

There are a couple of problems with your image:

a) Your image has a different size collar.

B) It is also drawn together by a clip.

c) His head is positioned differently

but most of all

d) My images shows the shirt JFK was wearing when he was shot. JFK was not shot when wearing the shirt in your picture.

Wrong again, James. The photo on the left below shows the shirt and tie he was wearing when he was assassinated. And damned if that isn't his Adam's apple just above his tie knot!

kennedytielovefield.jpg

The rest of your points are utter nonsense, as usual.

Robert,

If you are talking about the B&W image on the left the Adams Apple is significantly above the buttoned area of the collar and therefore the tie. You cannot tell with the Coloured image.

At what Z frame do you contend the injury occurred. It would be helpful to establish the position of JFK's head. If it is similar to the B&W image then I am not sure your point can be upheld.

Finally try not to insult members, it is not a good idea. Whatever a members opinion treat it with respect. It is one of the basic rules of the forum!!!

Animated GIF showing that the throat wound is located behind the knot of the necktie:

throatleftsmall.gif

(Posted by Ashton Gray years ago.)

This GIF isn't a perfect registration. The ears align, nothing else does. Put your cursor on the tip of JFK's nose, or on his forehead and watch the discrepancy. No match, it can't prove anything.

Robert,

If you are talking about the B&W image on the left the Adams Apple is significantly above the buttoned area of the collar and therefore the tie. You cannot tell with the Coloured image.

At what Z frame do you contend the injury occurred. It would be helpful to establish the position of JFK's head. If it is similar to the B&W image then I am not sure your point can be upheld.

Finally try not to insult members, it is not a good idea. Whatever a members opinion treat it with respect. It is one of the basic rules of the forum!!!

No insult intended, James. I am merely pointing out the obvious. If you have trouble with that, so be it.

As for the photo of JFK on the left....

kennedytielovefield.jpg

anyone with decent vision can see the small point of the Adam's apple just above the tie knot. It is in exactly the same position on his neck as it is in this photo....

937828-john-f-kennedy.jpg

Animated GIF showing that the throat wound is located behind the knot of the necktie:

throatleftsmall.gif

(Posted by Ashton Gray years ago.)

This GIF isn't a perfect registration. The ears align, nothing else does. Put your cursor on the tip of JFK's nose, or on his forehead and watch the discrepancy. No match, it can't prove anything.

Besides, things on the body shift after death with the relaxation of muscle tissue, followed by rigor mortis setting in..

Yes I can see the Adam's apple in post 160. However it does not help since JFK is leaning forward and we cannot gauge the exact position of the Adam's apple.

Going back to your B&W image you have misplaced the Adam's apple. The line in the image below points it out.

kennedytielovefield%20copy_zps2ws1pegt.j

What you are suggesting is the Adams apple is a feature in the neck below the Adam's apple. In the Fort Worth image I have highlighted this feature that you are convinced is the Adam's apple.

Fort%20Worth%202_zpsvitdanky.jpg

Be careful - second warning. Saying anyone with "decent vision" can see the object is being insulting. You are suggesting that if people cannot see what you can see they have a vision defect.

Either my eyesight has improved, or James's photo of JFK's shirt collar is better than the one posted in Ashton Gray's thread last winter. Because when I look at James's photo close up, the anatomical left slit doesn't look like it is opened up much. That is, it doesn't have a hole shape.

I just thought I'd mention that. FWIW.

Either my eyesight has improved, or James's photo of JFK's shirt collar is better than the one posted in Ashton Gray's thread last winter. Because when I look at James's photo close up, the anatomical left slit doesn't look like it is opened up much. That is, it doesn't have a hole shape.

I just thought I'd mention that. FWIW.

Whether or not I see holes in the slits depends upon the photo I look at.

JFK_shirt_lrg-SLITS-BLOWUP.jpg

collar.jpg

The slits in the shirt do not line up as they would if they were caused by a bullet. The one on the left of the shirt is higher than the one on the right of the shirt. If they had been caused by a bullet the left side would have overlapped the right side.

JFK-Shirt-Slits-ANIM.gif

Ashton Gray's animated GIF.

It appears that the existence and location of the (colored) "holes" in Ashton's GIF are based on the top photo of my prior post, 163.

But whether or not holes exist, the point of the GIF is that the slits/tears do overlap.
Edited by Sandy Larsen

The President's jacket and the back of his shirt showed a bullet hole. The holes in the collar of the shirt were slits, not a bullet holes.

Apparently non-round and slit-like tears in fabric can occur when penetrated by bullets.

fir_m06_t10_04.jpg

jacketclose_zpsw4oehxyq.jpg.

In the photo of JFK's jacket hole, it is apparent that the passage of the bullet tore more of the horizontal threads than the vertical ones. Perhaps the threads running horizontally in that area area are weaker.

Edited by Sandy Larsen