The Education Forum

Dallas Has Now Lost 82 Cases Against Robert Groden

If Dallas is so out to get Groden, but no license is required to sell books and magazines, why doesn't Dallas pass a city ordinance requiring a license to sell books and magazines?

Of course it would then have to deny Groden a license, which I guess it could do based on the claim that he's a public nuisance at Dealey Plaza. (Which could require a city ordinance against being a public nuisance if there isn't one already.)

How could it back up such a claim? Well, the fact that the city has tried to do something about him at least 82 times suggests that he's obviously a nuisance to somebody.

Edited by Ron Ecker

I was in Dealey Plaza this past May and met Groden. He no longer puts up the sign that says "Grassy Knoll" (which I agree with the City of Dallas that it is a nuisance and should be taken down), but he's there three days a week selling his magazine and DVD. He is only on a small portion of a pergola and doesn't go up to anyone who doesn't come to him first.

There are actually two other guys who are on the knoll more than him--one with large Zapruder film print outs and another guy who claims he witnessed the shooting from Houston & Elm at age 11 and that he can be seen in the background of the Zapruder film. I think he actually may have been in DP during the shooting, but he pushes some ridiculous story where James Files was the shooter.