The Education Forum

Is Jack Ruby In This May 6, 1953, Photo?

Thomas Graves

The person I expect it is -- possibly -- would be Jim Koethe, a newspaper man for the Dallas Herald. He was killed by a

karate chop to the throat as he got out of the shower. The murder wasn't investigated because his parents were embarrassed

he was gay. On the night Ruby shot Oswald, Koethe and another man were searching Ruby's apartment. Senator was there

as he shared this apartment with Ruby. Koethe died in Sept. 1964. To me, it doesn't look like Ruby.

Kathy C

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Brian Doyle

The rear corner of Koethe's left eye has a down-curved skin feature that the man next to Nixon doesn't have. They are clearly not the same person.

two pictures. the left sometime 1943-46, the right in 1963.

HatMan in 1953 looked closer to the happy-40's-GI-Ruby than the stressed-1963-sentenced-to-die-Ruby, right?

rubyww2_trial.jpg

The real Jack Ruby shows his major cleft chin in both photos. It's like Grand Canyon compared to Hatman's little ravine.

-- Tommy :sun

Guest Brian Doyle

Tommy has seen the many posts on this site showing the differences that can be produced by different types of photography. If you read his post carefully he's admitting to the visible cleft on the man next to Nixon.

Tommy has seen the many posts on this site showing the differences that can be produced by different types of photography. If you read his post carefully he's admitting to the visible cleft on the man next to Nixon.

Dear Brian,

So Hatman has a tiny little cleft in his chin. Which is so small that only you noticed it!

If Hatman really was Ruby, that cleft would have been a lot more noticeable. To everyone.

LOL

The man in the picture looks very much like a senator or representative who I believe dates back to that time, but I don't remember his name and know of no way to find out in order to search for a pic of him.

Edited by Ron Ecker

The man in the picture looks very much like a senator or representative who I believe dates back to that time, but I don't remember his name and know of no way to find out in order to search for a pic of him.

Ron,

You bring up an interesting point -- "Hatman" might have been a Congressman who was rubbing elbows with the freshmen Rupublican Senators that day, and copped a free hat and got his photo taken with the VP, too.

Edited by Thomas Graves

I believe the man I'm thinking of is on the right in this pic.

stoughton.jpg

Edited by Ron Ecker

Kathy,

Thanks. Apparently no one who has read this thread knows who the man at the swearing-in is. I don't know how to find out. I would like to know what he was doing around the time the Nixon photo was taken.