The Education Forum

A New Poll! How Many Members Think That This Guy's Face Looks Like This Guy's Face?

On 08/11/2016 at 0:55 PM, Michael Walton said:

OK Bob I'll take you up on this offer and will put it together and post it.  And then we'll see what happens and see if there's any discussion in debating it here.

That's the spirit, Michael. :)

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Robert Prudhomme said:

How typically an American way of determining the truth.

What is next, a poll to determine which is larger, 5 or 15?

(Sounds like you're afraid of losing, Bob.)

Who is taller in the Malcolm Couch clip, "Shelley" or "Lovelady"?

The vote so far:  

"Shelley" is taller.  -- Tommy

"Lovelady" is taller.  --  Cowboy Bob

Who else would like to vote on this?  (Don't be shy.)

--  Tommy :sun

Edited by Thomas Graves

On 08/11/2016 at 7:12 PM, Thomas Graves said:

(Sounds like you're afraid of losing, Bob.)

Who is taller in the Malcolm Couch clip, "Shelley" or "Lovelady"?

The vote so far:  

"Shelley" is taller.  -- Tommy

"Lovelady" is taller.  --  Cowboy Bob

Who else would like to vote on this?  (Don't be shy.)

It's people Like you, Thomas, who are running this forum into the earth.

3 hours ago, Robert Prudhomme said:

It's people Like you, Thomas, who are running this forum into the earth.

Prudhomme,

I wonder how the Moderators feel about the "appropriateness" of your statement in the context of the Rules of the Forum?

Edited by Thomas Graves

On 11/7/2016 at 4:35 PM, Michael Walton said:

Meanwhile, if people continue to post crazy and outlandish theories about the case, it's important that there be rebuttals to them.  There's no "smear tactics" here.

Telling someone they are wrong without backing up your claim is not a rebuttal. It's an opinion.

And calling someone's theory crazy without backing up your claim is not a rebuttal. It's a smear tactic

1 hour ago, Sandy Larsen said:

Telling someone they are wrong without backing up your claim is not a rebuttal. It's an opinion.

And calling someone's theory crazy without backing up your claim is not a rebuttal. It's a smear tactic

Dear Sandy,

To whom are you referring?

On 09/11/2016 at 2:15 AM, Thomas Graves said:

Prudhomme,

I wonder how the Moderators feel about the "appropriateness" of your statement in the context of the Rules of the Forum?

Why don't you go cry to them like a little girl and find out for us, Thomas?

On 11/9/2016 at 9:38 AM, Robert Prudhomme said:

Why don't you go cry to them like a little girl and find out for us, Thomas?

Naw, Prudhomme.  Let's just wait and see what happens.

BTW, when's the last time YOU cried, Cowboy Bob?  Might be good for you.  Helps get one particular stress chemical out of your brain; in fact it's the only way, according to my eye-surgeon father.

Or do only "little girls" cry, but never rough-tough cowboys, miners, and fashion-conscious lumberjacks like you?

(My older brother did when his quarter horse "Red Rooster" died of lock jaw, according to our mother.)

Edited by Thomas Graves

22 hours ago, Thomas Graves said:

Naw, Prudhomme.  Let's just wait and see what happens.

BTW, when's the last time YOU cried, Cowboy Bob?  Might be good for you.  Helps get one particular stress chemical out of your brain; in fact it's the only way, according to my eye-surgeon father.

Or do only "little girls" cry, but never rough-tough cowboys, miners, and fashion-conscious lumberjacks like you?

(My older brother cried when his quarter horse "Red Rooster" died of lock jaw, according to our mother.  But then again, he was only 17 at the time.)

Regardless,  would anyone else care to vote?  (Bear in mind that "that's Lovelady in Couch" is winning the poll so far.)

Or is everyone either 1 ) convinced it's Lovelady and thinks there's no need to incur Prudhomme's / Fetzer's / Cinque's wrath by stating the obvious, or 2 ) ... still ... undecided?

Edited by Thomas Graves

2 minutes ago, Michael Cross said:

Fascinating to watch this debate.  Robert is trying to find empirical evidence about height while others say opinion and appearance are enough.

What's wrong with fact based data?  It can only add to the investigation IMO.

Michael,

Sounds reasonable to me, although judging "Shelley's and Lovelady's" comparative heights from such a distance, and given the fact that one or both of them start running / changing direction in the clip, makes it a bit problematic, IMHO.  That's why I tend to go with "Lovelady's" distinctive bald spot, hair line, and (obvious to me at least) boldly-pattered and distinctive plaid shirt.

Maybe "my problem" is that I'm not sufficiently "paranoid" to seriously entertain the thought that Barto, or someone else, altered (like drawing in with a magic pencil, or something) the regular, geometrical (i.e., non- LSD spider-webbish) pattern on "Lovelady's" shirt.

6 minutes ago, Thomas Graves said:

Michael,

Sounds reasonable to me, although judging "Shelley's and Lovelady's" comparative heights from such a distance, and given the fact that one or both of them start running / changing direction in the clip, makes it a bit problematic, IMHO.  That's why I tend to go with "Lovelady's" distinctive bald spot, hair line, and (obvious to me at least) boldly-pattered and distinctive plaid shirt.

Maybe "my problem" is that I'm not sufficiently "paranoid" to seriously entertain the thought that Barto, or someone else, altered (like drawing in with a magic pencil, or something) the regular, geometrical (i.e., non- LSD spider-webbish) pattern on "Lovelady's" shirt.

I'd guess it's Lovelady in all of the photos/movies in question.  However, much about this case is not as it seems.  Forget that at our collective peril. 

33 minutes ago, Michael Cross said:

I'd guess it's Lovelady in all of the photos/movies in question.  However, much about this case is not as it seems.  Forget that at our collective peril. 

Okay; fine.

But it seems to me that when carried to an extreme, that "approach" can lead to the counter-productive "rabbit hole" mind-set that "Everything Was Altered / Faked I Tell You!"

Edited by Thomas Graves