The Education Forum

Trump?

Robert Prudhomme

CV never likes telling the whole story because it exposes his own credibility:

http://www.cnn.com/2016/09/16/middleeast/sirte-libya-final-stand-isis/

The US has now had to continue advising and using air power to take out ISIS in Libya.  This is five years after HRC pushed us to intervener he first time.  Which gave AL Qaeda its foothold in Libya. Who knows how long this campaign will last?  Well, does this mean we should let Syria fall and then have AL Qaeda run Syria for five years and then invade the country again?  Sounds logical to me.

Joe, if you are a true Mae Brussell fan, you would not vote for HRC.  I doubt she would have.  Because California is a safe state.  Therefore you can vote your conscience.  I would rather try and build up a third party alternative, knowing that my vote will not give the GOP any solace since they lost California permanently under Wilson. 

You do understand the Electoral College set up right?  So why vote for HRC then if she is going to win California no matter what?  Why not vote for the Greens?  For real change.  That is what I did.

Curious choice by you.

Edited by James DiEugenio

• Replies 529
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 minutes ago, James DiEugenio said:

CV never likes telling the whole story because it exposes his own credibility:

Excuse me?

YOU claimed that Al Qaeda had taken over Libya.

That claim is false on two counts -- it isn't Al Q in Libya it's ISIS, and all they took over in terms of territory was Sirte.

From the 2-month old article DiEugenio cited:

<quote on>

CNN)US-backed government militia in Libya are pushing forward in their battle to expel ISIS from the coastal Libyan city of Sirte, despite ongoing attacks from the terror group.

Faced with a shrinking grip throughout the country, ISIS fighters are stepping up their assaults on Libyan forces by deploying lethal IEDs.

<quote off>

http://www.cnn.com/2016/09/16/middleeast/sirte-libya-final-stand-isis/

The US has now had to continue advising and using air power to take out ISIS in Libya.

Not the same as Al Q taking over the whole country now, is it?

This is five years after HRC pushed us to intervener he first time.  Which gave AL Qaeda its foothold in Libya. Who knows how long this campaign will last?  Well, does this mean we should let Syria fall and then have AL Qaeda run Syria for five years and then invade the country again?  Sounds logical to me.

You don't know the difference between Al Qaeda and ISIS?

And you call yourself a Historian?

Edited by Cliff Varnell

21 minutes ago, James DiEugenio said:

Joe, if you are a true Mae Brussell fan, you would not vote for HRC.  I doubt she would have.  Because California is a safe state.  Therefore you can vote your conscience.  I would rather try and build up a third party alternative, knowing that my vote will not give the GOP any solace since they lost California permanently under Wilson. 

You do understand the Electoral College set up right?  So why vote for HRC then if she is going to win California no matter what?  Why not vote for the Greens?  For real change.  That is what I did.

Curious choice by you.

If one were a true opponent of overt fascism one would vote for Hillary to make a statement against it.

Like Jim I live in California. We did have the luxury here of voting our conscience. I've voted third party many times, not this time. But chewing Jim out because he didn't vote for Clinton ignores his residency. He said he didn't live in a swing state. What more neeeds to be said. If fascism comes here it's not beside of the Jim DiEugenios out there.

Cliff - of course Comey did something unthinkable and unforgivable. It might have swung the election her way if he hadn't but I've come to doubt that. 

7 minutes ago, Paul Brancato said:

Cliff - of course Comey did something unthinkable and unforgivable. It might have swung the election her way if he hadn't but I've come to doubt that. 

Paul, I'm just curious, how much cable news -- CNN, MSNBC, Fox -- did you watch between June 16, 2015 and Nov. 8, 2016?

14 minutes ago, Paul Brancato said:

Like Jim I live in California. We did have the luxury here of voting our conscience. I've voted third party many times, not this time. But chewing Jim out because he didn't vote for Clinton ignores his residency. He said he didn't live in a swing state. What more neeeds to be said. If fascism comes here it's not beside of the Jim DiEugenios out there.

The Left Wing False Equivalency Brigade played their role in the political assassination of Hillary Clinton, you bet.

Let's take it from the top!

There were no e-mails with a "classified" heading.

Out of tens of thousands of e-mails there were three with a little "c" embedded in the text.

2 of those little "c"s were put there by mistake.

So now we are going to selectively criminalize bureaucratic ineptitude?

Bill and Hill peddled access thru the Clinton Foundation and got paid like the rock stars they are.

Every US politician with the exception of Bernie Sanders peddles access.

Every corporate journalist trades lies-for-access.

They let the politician lie unchecked as long as they can maintain access.

So now we're going to selectively criminalize politics as usual?

With Benghazi they selectively criminalized the fog of war.

With Monica they selectively criminalized lyin' about two-timin'.

500,000 Iraqi children died because of Bill Clinton's sanctions policy but that sure didn't get criminalized!

22 minutes ago, Cliff Varnell said:

The myth that Republicans are the "patriotic" party (hello Vladimir) and the party of "family values" (hello pedophile rapist Donnie) belongs in the dumpster of history.

Your continual description of Trump as a "pedophile rapist" doesn't do a great deal for your credibility.

Has Trump ever been charged with rape? A lawsuit alleging that he raped an underage girl has been dropped. A judge has nonetheless scheduled a "status conference" to be held on the allegation on December 16, 2016.

That means that Trump is guilty, right? He's a pedophile rapist.

Just now, Ron Ecker said:

Your continual description of Trump as a "pedophile rapist" doesn't do a great deal for your credibility.

Has Trump ever been charged with rape? A lawsuit alleging that he raped an underage girl has been dropped. A judge has nonetheless scheduled a "status conference" to be held on the allegation on December 16, 2016.

That means that Trump is guilty, right? He's a pedophile rapist.

Okay, now apply that same standard to the Clinton's, please.

While you're doing that -- cleaning out all that garbage in your head about them -- I'll just point out that on Sunday a bunch of Republicans went to church and on Tuesday voted for an admitted pussy grabber.

Feel better?

Cliff - no Fox, CNN on Sunday morning, very little MSNBC. I've been politicized since early childhood and can smell bs a mile away. My criticisms of Clinton do not come from the right wing, the witch hunt, emails, Benghazi etc. It was not the progressives fault that she lost. I think the article on fake news is very enlightening. I heard some really creepy things from a few posters on FB. I'm still debating with some well meaning relatives who got lost in the right wing bubble. But seriously, DiEugenio is not the enemy. Let me ask you - where do you live? Did you support Clinton or Sanders in the primary?

3 minutes ago, Cliff Varnell said:

Okay, now apply that same standard to the Clinton's, please.

While you're doing that -- cleaning out all that garbage in your head about them -- I'll just point out that on Sunday a bunch of Republicans went to church and on Tuesday voted for an admitted pussy grabber.

Feel better?

It wasn't just Republicans. But it's certainly a sad commentary on the state of the union that voters had to choose between Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton. They held their noses and chose the grabber.

5 hours ago, Thomas Graves said:

Paul,

Did you ever watch PBS's "Putin's Way" (google it; it's free) and / or go to bellingcat.com ?

Based on the evidence available, I firmly believe that former FSB head Vladimir Putin engineered the killing of 300 of his own citizens in the 1999 Russia Apartment Bombings [q.v.], so that martial law could be declared, so that the upcoming 2000 Russian elections would be canceled during said martial law, so that the Second Chechen War could be plausibly begun, and so that Putin (First Prime Minister at the time) would automatically become president when the corrupt, and therefore vulnerable Boris Yeltsin announced his "retirement" right after said elections had been canceled (the timing of which "retirement" was, I'm confident, "pre-arranged" by Boris and Vlad).

I believe that former KGB counter-intelligence officer Putin is waging Asymmetrical [q.v.] Total War [q.v.] against the West, and that he's winning --  Ergo our being sufficiently influenced by Wikileaks to elect Trump to the U.S. Presidency last week.

Why would Putin want Trump to become the U.S. President? Because he knows that a Trump presidency will sow Hegelian-like social discord and conflict in the U.S., as well as because Trump in on record as intending to de-fund NATO (if other NATO countries don't "cough up" what their past and future dues).

--  Tommy :sun

bumped for Komrad Brancato

Edited by Thomas Graves

Cliff, I voted and voted for Hillary for several reasons this year even knowing she had California but still feeling I at least did my part to save our Supreme Court from Trump and his almost fascist brethren.

And there were many candidates and important issues on the ballot including state and local ones that needed my vote.

Our voters SHUT DOWN a fracking approval initiative by the oil companies and the few rich people who own oil land here in Monterey County and who have made a fortune for decades leasing their land to the Oil Corps yet who are STILL SO HABITUALLY OBSESSED with making every last drop dime even if it requires risky fracking to get the last bits of oil out of it.

These wealthy land owning folks put out TV ads showing them in cowboy jeans and hats and even on horseback!

Just everyday working folk tending to their oil well  "ranches"  and telling their suddenly new friends voters that if they didn't vote for fracking...it not only would cost jobs, but all the police protection and fire protection and even ambulance service for us all would suffer so badly we'd all need shotguns and grenades to protect ourselves from the bad guys and our homes would go up in unattended fires and we'd have to "drive ourselves" to hospitals in an emergency!

The police and fire unions actually backed this fracking initiative!

As well as all our mayors! What's THAT all about?

Even so, the huge majority of our voters told the police and firefighters and mayors.to take a good long hike and ... they could shove their friggin fracking initiative where the sun don't shine!

Talk here is that the oil companies pumped 5 to 10 million dollars into our little election...but they still lost. Yay!

Getting back to Hillary, I voted for her even though I knew she would win California handily.  I really didn't know however, how close the popular vote nationwide would be.

Those polls that give your candidate an edge can often be wrong.

I knew that the bone head states and their electoral votes might go to Trump. I also feel that somehow Florida could be had by the Repubs. with DEM  voter apathy and every trick in the Repub dirty trick bag.

Pennsylvania surprised me.  Michigan too.

But,with 5,000,000 less voters for the Democrats this year versus 2008 and 2012, it seems pretty clear that apathy nationwide definitely played a huge role in the Dems loss.

But even with all this...Hillary STILL won the popular vote by over 1,000,000 votes!

That's a significant margin of popular vote victory.

Here again though, we Democratic Presidential voters have been ROBBED just like in 2,000.  

These conniving Repubs knew they would lose the election, but they also knew that you can lose this and STILL WIN the presidency with that insane,1800's slave state created Electoral College system that can be manipulated far easier than the total popular vote.

The electoral system is these Repulican thieves best burglary tool.

Edited by Joe Bauer

2 minutes ago, Paul Brancato said:

Cliff - no Fox, CNN on Sunday morning, very little MSNBC.

4 hours a week, say?

By something like 75 weeks something like 300 hours.

Not bad.

I got cable in late April '15 to watch my beloved Golden State Warriors (I live in the Haight-Ashbury).

I didn't like cable news because they tend to focus on one or two stories.

Then Donald J Trump announced for President and until October 28, 2016 CNN/MSNBC/Fox became The Donald J Trump Show Starring Donald J Trump (Featuring the Lovely Ivanka!).

I hate to think about how much time I spent watching this new 3-channel Reality TV Show but north of 3000 hours (two bad knees and a bad hip keep me around the pad).

On October 28, 2016 it became the Crooked Hillary Show right up to election day.

Cost the Democratic Party control of our government.

Voter suppression takes a lot of forms, and non-stop investigations conducted relentlessly by one party against another is the most pernicious

2 minutes ago, Paul Brancato said:

I've been politicized since early childhood and can smell bs a mile away. My criticisms of Clinton do not come from the right wing, the witch hunt, emails, Benghazi etc. It was not the progressives fault that she lost. I think the article on fake news is very enlightening. I heard some really creepy things from a few posters on FB. I'm still debating with some well meaning relatives who got lost in the right wing bubble. But seriously, DiEugenio is not the enemy. Let me ask you - where do you live? Did you support Clinton or Sanders in the primary?

Still got my Bernie poster in the window.

I'm not a Clintonista by any means.

If Clinton beat Trump the way trump beat Clinton -- I'd be crying foul, dropping my membership in the Democratic Party.