The Education Forum

Hillary blames FBI Director Comey for her loss

Douglas Caddy

18 minutes ago, Glenn Nall said:

when they are out of argument, the revert to the predictable, ineffective and fantastically errant "racist" flag.

Fair enough, Glenn, let's check with your own LEADERS, shall we??

==================================

(4) Check with Jeb Bush:

http://tinyurl.com/6drgb6h
http://tinyurl.com/7d3l9cr
http://swampland.time.com/2012/02/24/did-jeb-bush-actually-say-that/

Jeb married a Mexican lady, and they lived here in Houston. After she was ostracized in the country clubs, they decided to move to a city where Hispanics rule: Miami. He has been one of the most popular politicians in Florida's history. Founded some Hispanic group (not for the poor!!).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

(5) Texas GOP official -- "Hispanics and Asian Americans are "maggots" who voted for Obama"

http://www.star-telegram.com/2012/11/08/4399621/hardin-county-gop-official-wants.html

(6) Check with this guy:

“The demographics race we’re losing badly,” said Sen. Lindsey O. Graham (SC). “We’re not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term.”

http://tinyurl.com/8knh2ul

ps: Where he tactfully said "anger" he meant "filled with hatred" or "racists"

Important Question: What do my 19 numbered posts above and below have in common??

Answer: Every single one of them comes from REPUBLICAN operatives. I don't have to use ONE WORD from my fellow Liberals.

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21 minutes ago, Glenn Nall said:

when they are out of argument, the revert to the predictable, ineffective and fantastically errant "racist" flag.

Fair enough, Glenn, let's check with your own LEADERS, shall we??

==================================

1) Ask this lady:

"Of course it is racist! My dad cannot say it, but I can".

-Meghan McCain, born and raised in Arizona, when asked about AZ SB-1070 (aka. "Papiere, bitte").

(2) You may want to ask Dick Armey, Founder and Funder of the Tea Party:

"With Latinos forming the fastest-growing electoral bloc in the nation, Armey says the GOP seems to be saying, “Let’s go out and alienate them.” Armey said socially conservative Latino and African American voters are natural constituents for the GOP ... if Republicans don’t push them away. “The party was born with the Emancipation Proclamation,” he said. But today, he added, “it can’t get a black [or Hispanic] vote to save its life.” (**)

http://tinyurl.com/6bb6tes

Dick Armey, Founder and Funder of the Tea Party.

(**) I am sure you folks wonder what happened after Mr. Armey made those sensible statements. The likes of Michelle Bachmann and Glenn Beck told him to STFU, and he obliged: the angry bagger_mobs drowned his calls for rationality.

(3) O'Donnell: "You Republican strategists are saying: 'How do we undo this!? Look what we have done to the Latino voters... How can we possibly get them back?'"

Steve Schmidt, Top Republican Strategist (*), agreeing: "If we [the GOP] had a deliberate strategy to antagonize every Latino voter in this country, it is not possible that we could have done a better job".

"The Republican Party cannot be a national party if it doesn't compete in the Hispanic market - Look at those numbers: we have big, big problems."

(*) Played by Woody Harrelson in the McCain campaign HBO movie.

Important Question: What do my 19 numbered posts above and below have in common??

Answer: Every single one of them comes from REPUBLICAN operatives. I don't have to use ONE WORD from my fellow Liberals.

Edited by Ramon F. Herrera

6 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

That guy [Comey] should get Man of the Year for exposing how rotten the Democratic Party really is at its core.

The Democratic Party is mildly rotten (typical for politicians), the Republican Party highly rotten, and Donald Trump the most rotten of all.

Just now, Sandy Larsen said:

The Democratic Party is mildly rotten (typical for politicians), the Republican Party highly rotten, and Donald Trump the most rotten of all.

exactly!

screw the evidence!

3 hours ago, Cliff Varnell said:

Updated poll numbers

231,556,622 eligible voters

46.9% didn't vote
25.6% voted for Clinton
25.5% voted for Trump
1.7% voted for Johnson

Once again Jim DiEugenio defends the indefensible. 

You ignorance of voter suppression is truly remarkable, DiEugenio.

Cliff,

What voter suppression are you referring to? Do you mean voter suppression via "Clinton e-mail fatigue?"

If so -- and I think you very well may be right -- then wouldn't that be a new Republican tactic?

P.S. Thanks for your refreshingly honest assessments of HRC and the Democratic Party. There are some true ideologues speaking nonsense here.

I have to wonder whether the uncounted votes are part of these statistics. If what I'm reading is correct, there are millions of. Votes not yet counted. In California several million votes, but also in Arizona, Michigan, Wisconsin. And who knows where else? Of course the uncounted votes are in the cities, as are the voting lines more or less. My mom would have said 'don't put the cart before the horse'. Counting the vote accurately and in a timely manner is the cart. My new motto - Count the Vote.

You certainly have to be willing to consider Hillary was a terrible candidate as Trump would make these extraordinary gaffes, have that bus incident where all fears were justified that he's a complete scum ball and yet he was coming back in the polls even before the Comey disclosure! I think in the end, there were a lot of whites in the middle of the country who didn't want to have some glib lawyers dismissing their cases.

Still there are a couple of salient points. 1) I may have my doubts but I don't think anybody can say for sure what the results would be if Comey hadn't injected himself into the campaign in the final days, and she's certainly within her right to mention it, and I'd be disappointed with her if she didn't. and 2) Hillary Clinton won the the election!

Edited by Kirk Gallaway

5 hours ago, Sandy Larsen said:

Cliff,

What voter suppression are you referring to? Do you mean voter suppression via "Clinton e-mail fatigue?"

If so -- and I think you very well may be right -- then wouldn't that be a new Republican tactic?

P.S. Thanks for your refreshingly honest assessments of HRC and the Democratic Party. There are some true ideologues speaking nonsense here.

Interesting to see Jim DiEugenio embrace out and out fascism.

What if Hoover had announced 11 days before the 1960 election that the FBI was investigating possible connections between Joe Kennedy and the mob?

-- Or --

What if Hoover had announced 11 days before the 1960 election that the FBI was investigating possible connections between Richard Nixon and the mob?

In either case, it would have been the head of the FBI who determined the outcome of the election.

That's what happened in 2016.

Comey could have loudly announced a preliminary investigation into Donald Trump's private server connected to a Russian Bank.

Instead he made a big deal about e-mails he knew had nothing to do with Clinton.

The Clinton vote was suppressed and she'll still win the popular vote by 3 million!

There are all kinds of voter suppression tactics.  Voter ID laws, scrubbing voters from the rolls on a variety of pretexts, banning voting on Sundays to suppress the black vote (the Sunday-before-election tradition "Souls to the Polls"), restricting early voting.

All of that was going on but Comey's Treason Letter proved decisive.

Comey violated the Hatch Act forbidding pernicious political activity by public servants.

I'd go further.

Comey is a traitor to the US Constitution.

Edited by Cliff Varnell

56 minutes ago, Kirk Gallaway said:

You certainly have to be willing to consider Hillary was a terrible candidate as Trump would make these extraordinary gaffes, have that bus incident where all fears were justified that he's a complete scum ball and yet he was coming back in the polls even before the Comey disclosure! I think in the end, there were a lot of whites in the middle of the country who didn't want to have some glib lawyers dismissing their cases.

Still there are a couple of salient points. 1) I may have my doubts but I don't think anybody can say for sure what the results would be if Comey hadn't injected himself into the campaign in the final days, and she's certainly within her right to mention it, and I'd be disappointed with her if she didn't. and 2) Hillary Clinton won the the election!

There was some tightening in the polls before Comey -- but all the discussion on the Donald J. Trump Show Starring Donald J. Trump (a/k/a CNN/MSNBC/Fox) was about the Donald's tax returns and his pussy grabbing.

Clinton was on offense preparing her "final argument" in favor of her candidacy when Comey blind-sided her.  Her support collapsed in the Rust Belt.

Over the last 11 days The Donald J. Trump Show Starring Donald J. Trump couldn't have been more favorably programmed for Mr. Pedophile Rapist.

Cliff,

I have a question. If Comey wanted to get Clinton, why didn't he simply do it the right way by recommending that she be indicted for gross negligence in handling classified material? Why did he let her off by using the term "extremely careless" instead, and talking about her intent when the law against gross negligence in handling classified material says nothing about intent?

You can argue that she really didn't deserve to be indicted, but he actually made a pretty case that she should have been before not recommending it. Comey could have gone either way, and recommending indictment would at least have put the ball in Loretta Lynch's court. She would not have indicted Clinton, but don't you think the fact that the FBI recommended indictment, if only Comey had done so, would have been sufficiently damaging to her campaign, making it clearly look like the DOJ was protecting her from prosecution? She would have looked like an unindicted criminal, as seen in the eyes of the FBI, and I don't see why Comey didn't do that if he was really out to get her.

12 hours ago, Dan Doyle said:

Jim,

If one starts to look into Antony Weiner's most recent sexting case, the one that Comey says forced the FBI to search Weiner's laptop computer which resulted in the discovery of more Hillary emails (even though Huma Abedin has no recollection of using her husband's computer)  it smells to high heaven of a dirty trick a la Roger Stone.....the proverbial "October Surprise". 

The conservative British tabloid Daily News broke of the story, not an American paper.  You got to ask yourself how would a British tabloid have the sources in North Carolina to break this news?  The  unnamed 15 year old girl ( if she actually exists because the Daily News  won't disclose her identity because she's a minor) initiated the sexting with Weiner, not the other way around!   Is this starting to look like a sting operation, given Weiner's proclivities for sexting?  Oh, and once Weiner takes the bait and replies, the perpetrators have access to his computer which gives them the ability to "plant" Hillary email on it and we know the rest of the story.   FBI Director Comey was probably manipulated into feeling he had to publicly announce that there were more Hillary emails to cover his right flank, just in case there was actually something new in them.  Turns out there wasn't, but the damage had been done.  Interestingly enough, I read somewhere that all the Directors of the FBI have been Republicans, some even appointed by Democratic presidents.  What's that all about?

OMG, within one week, we are already into Peter Scott grand conspiracy theory.  Involving a British tabloid, Anthony Weiner, Roger Stone,  stolen emails, planted emails, underage sexting etc.  Where will it all end?  

I can see it now:  cover of the Globe, Nixon on a desert island,caption: NIXON LIVES, "Advises Stone on how to get to Comey with sexual blackmail."

At all costs we must avoid one key fact:  None of this would have ever happened if HRC had not used a private server.  That was her choice.

And it might be the reason that Mills advised her not to run.  It was Mills who approved that stupid decision.

Edited by James DiEugenio

1 hour ago, Ron Ecker said:

Cliff,

I have a question. If Comey wanted to get Clinton, why didn't he simply do it the right way by recommending that she be indicted for gross negligence in handling classified material?

Because she didn't commit any crime in the way she handled material.

There was no rule against having a private server.

The whole thing is ginned up.

From a Mother Jone's report on the FBI notes:

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2016/09/here-are-fbis-files-hillary-clinton-email-investigation

<quote on>

That said, this report is pretty much an almost complete exoneration of Hillary Clinton. She wasn't prohibited from using a personal device or a personal email account, and others at state did it routinely. She's told the truth all along about why she did it. Colin Powell did indeed advise her about using personal email shortly after she took office, but she chose to follow the rules rather than skirt them, as Powell did. She didn't take her BlackBerry into her office. She communicated with only a very select group of 13 people. She took no part in deciding which emails were personal before handing them over to State. She had nothing to do with erasing information on the PRN server. That was a screw-up on PRN's end. She and her staff all believed at the time that they were careful not to conduct sensitive conversations over unclassified email systems. And there's no evidence that her server was ever hacked. 

<quote off>

Why did he let her off by using the term "extremely careless" instead, and talking about her intent when the law against gross negligence in handling classified material says nothing about intent?

He didn't let her off the hook.

In fact, he bent over backwards to create the worst possible optics for Clinton.

He was describing State Department practices in general -- all of the State Dept. was guilty of being extremely careless.

Out of tens and tens of thousands of e-mails she received three of them had a little "c" embedded in the text which no one caught.

2 little c's were put there by mistake.

Comey admitted any reasonable person would make the same mistake.

Railroad job.

Coup d'etat.

Edited by Cliff Varnell

17 minutes ago, James DiEugenio said:

OMG, within one week, we are already into Peter Scott grand conspiracy theory.  Involving a British tabloid, Anthony Weiner, Roger Stone,  stolen emails, planted emails, underage sexting etc.  Where will it all end?  

I can see it now:  cover of the Globe, Nixon on a desert island,caption: NIXON LIVES, "Advises Stone on how to get to Comey with sexual blackmail."

At all costs we must avoid one key fact:  None of this would have ever happened if HRC had not used a private server.  That was her choice.

And it might be the reason that Mills advised her not to run.  It was Mills who approved that stupid decision.

You need to get up to speed, Jim.

There were no rules against having a private server.

Do some homework.

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2016/09/here-are-fbis-files-hillary-clinton-email-investigation

You didn't see The Donald J Trump Show Starring Donald J Trump (CNN/MSNBC/FOX) for a year and a half so you're way behind.