The Education Forum

Judyth Baker presents JFK Conference Live

2 hours ago, Sandy Larsen said:

Michael,

I don't know why you find the thirty-year delay so unbelievable.

Would you have expected someone in JVB's (alleged) position to talk right after the assassination? I wouldn't.

What about later, during HSCA hearings when witnesses were "committing suicide" and disappearing, only to be found dismembered and stuffed into a fifty gallon drum?

All the time remembering that you had vowed never to reveal the secrets to which you'd been exposed?

While being busy raising a family, followed by watching grand kids grow.

I don't know whether or not there is any truth to JVB's claims (which I personally tend to find suspicious), but I just can't see the delay factor being of much relevance.

One of the questions I asked Judyth more than once was why, if she was so intent on proving LHO's innocence, she did not come forward to talk with Jim Garrison.  Her claim was that Jack Ruby told her to be a 'vanilla girl' and stay under the radar.  I did not find that credible.  

Pamela Brown

findingjudyth.blogspot.com

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 11/16/2016 at 7:37 PM, Joe Bauer said:

To me, there are just enough facts regarding Judith Vary Baker's tale to not totally dismiss it.

We all know she was in New Orleans at that time. We all know she was hired by that weird cover job providing company Reilly Coffee on the same day ( May 10th, 1963 )  as Oswald.  Both given jobs that they had no experience or specific qualifications for.

She was let go the day after Oswald was seen doing his Fair Play For Cuba thing on the streets of downtown New Orleans.

Baker was close to Mary Sherman who was slaughtered in a horrendous murder. Dr. Oshner was not nationally known as the arrogantly mean and obsessed rabid right wing zealot he truly was until Baker made note of this in her book. And if he did okay the cancer inoculations of unwitting inmates which brought upon them torturous deaths ..he was truly a sinister monster. One could easily see him threatening Baker as she said he did with the worst kind of implied violence.

I could actually see her story being true in regards to meeting, liking and doing things with Lee Harvey Oswald.

To her a straight Marine posture, polite and clean cut looking fellow of 24 who was different from her typical nerdy medical social circle acquaintances could draw her kind of geeky and naively curious attraction. I could see that.  And on Oswald's side, I could see him finally enjoying the attention of an innocently nice, very smart and intelligent broader subject conversation young lady (and who was not unattractive) besides Marina, who was less communicative and more jaded and obviously unhappy and not in adoring love with him during her time here in the states.

If Judyth Vary Baker did know and interact with Lee Harvey Oswald. it would have been a breath of needed fresh and much softer American female companionship air and attention and affection which he probably never ever had and would have surely been craving versus his life with the much harder and unhappy Marina.

Baker also tells us things about the medical field world she was involved with in N.O. ( and the characters involved such as Oshner and Mary Sherman who did know Ferry ) which I believe checks out and I don't believe was reported by other writers before her.  Was the cancer inoculated prisoner story first exposed by someone else?

Baker does tell us facts about this world nobody else has and were not made up.

Baker truly was considered a teen age prodigy in science, hence her scholarships and immediate placement with noted researchers at Tulane.

I can't accept that her remarkable accomplishments in this field at such a young age mean nothing in evaluating her credibility as an adult at least beyond that of complete money making desperate kook. She gives details about locations, people, Oswald's quirky personal habits and even his clothing that appear to ring true.

A Mrs. Lewis, wife of Oswald N.O. friend David Lewis did give a taped interview verifying Vary's relationship with Oswald, at least to the point of their spending some time with each other.  Even though she ( Lewis ) comes off sounding quite illiterate, this also tells me she would not be good at making up stories that sounded true if they weren't

And Oswald constantly lied to Marina in NO about many things including his whereabouts and doings. He never told her he was fired from his job at Reilly's.  This is a person who could easily have had some relationship with another woman and not tell Marina about this.

I am not an authority on this subject, but I trust my lifelong experience instincts and general knowledge of it just enough to make a more believing judgment call as to Baker's story being at least half-way true. I cannot dismiss her totally, even though I know she is often described as impossible to work with and less than honest in her personal interactions with many other writers and researchers, many right here on this forum.

Judyth has been intent on replacing Marina in the public eye.  In fact, she seems to detest Marina and has made what look to me to be a lot of false statements about her.  That needs to be taken account in any interpretation of Judyth's parallel reality, imo.

Pamela Brown

12 minutes ago, Pamela Brown said:

One of the questions I asked Judyth more than once was why, if she was so intent on proving LHO's innocence, she did not come forward to talk with Jim Garrison.  Her claim was that Jack Ruby told her to be a 'vanilla girl' and stay under the radar.  I did not find that credible.  

Pamela Brown

/* */

Judyth has been intent on replacing Marina in the public eye.  In fact, she seems to detest Marina and has made what look to me to be a lot of false statements about her.  That needs to be taken account in any interpretation of Judyth's parallel reality, imo.

Pamela Brown

it's interesting to see how some are more able to present a reasonable objection to something or someone while others are limited to things like "what a flake!" etc.

it's also interesting that some cannot see how one argument possesses so much more credibility than the other.

does all this (probably justifiable) disapproval of all things Baker mean that the rest of JVB's guest speakers - like Palamara, Wecht - are neither to be trusted?

surely not...

(I think a negative comment was made about the convention overall, and/or its participants...)

6 minutes ago, Glenn Nall said:

does all this (probably justifiable) disapproval of all things Baker mean that the rest of JVB's guest speakers - like Palamara, Wecht - are neither to be trusted?

Vince and Cyril haven't tried to insert themselves into the story, they are part of the CT community and may have a relationship with the publisher. Whereas Judith has attempted to make herself a part of the "main show".

If your publisher creates an event to promote your work (yay) then what can you do if another "speaker" at the same event is what you believe to be a "whacko"?

The "right" thing would be to attend (may be contractual anyway), promote your work, be polite and non confrontational.

On 11/16/2016 at 8:37 PM, Joe Bauer said:

We all know she was in New Orleans at that time. We all know she was hired by that weird cover job providing company Reilly Coffee on the same day ( May 10th, 1963 )  as Oswald.  Both given jobs that they had no experience or specific qualifications for.

And that Reilly is connected to some interesting characters himself - not looking at my notes right now, but I remember his name coming up in some shady relationships... I'll look it up later.

not defending JVB, just sayin'...

Comparing Wecht and Vince with Baker is like...well, there's just no comparison.  Like Chris said above, Wecht is an esteemed medical person and is basically one of us, knowing based on the his own eyes and his evaluation of the medical evidence that there was a conspiracy.

Meanwhile, no writings, no photos, no nothing from Baker about her supposed encounters with LHO.  And now Ms. Brown above is saying Ruby told her to be a vanilla girl when Brown asked her why she didn't reveal herself to Garrison. Well, well - how convenient that Baker is mentioning yet another person who's in the grave.

I mean, where does the ridiculousness end here?

Please understand - I've followed Cyril Wecht for years and, like most, consider him the preeminent Medical Examiner in the country - I've respected Baden and Henry Lee for years, too. I've never known anything about Vince until I encountered him in EF - since then i've read nothing but positive things about him (I know, in EF, right???).

I asked the question simply because I read something that sounded negative overall to the Conference just because it's JVB's name attached to it, and I wondered if whoever made this comment was really referring to everyone at the conference or was just letting their antipathy toward JVB override their tact.

Obviously no one would have an issue with Wecht. I was just asking for some clarification. or something like that.

Edited by Glenn Nall

I want to thank Doug Caddy here for his talk at the conference. Just finished watching it. Looking forward to Ed Tatro for the follow up and especially for pointing out how J Harrison had tried to get Mac Wallace's file but what he got was all blacked out. For those who do not know J was at one time military intel, then later a cop in Dallas on 11/22/63. A good cop. And later a very close friend of mine for many years. So he gets a blacked out "file" but when author Joan Mellen files a similar request she not only gets the full file she gets it free of charge.  I knew this and was blown away when I read it. So thanks Ed for making that point.

21 minutes ago, Glenn Nall said:

....I asked the question simply because I read something that sounded negative overall to the Conference just because it's JVB's name attached to it, and I wondered if whoever made this comment was really referring to everyone at the conference or was just letting their antipathy toward JVB override their tact.

Glenn,

I remember a thread that I believe you are thinking of. A number of forum members thought it was a bad idea for respected researchers to give presentations at the JVB hosted conference. More than a few, it seems to me. A majority, I believe.

17 hours ago, Sandy Larsen said:

Glenn,

I remember a thread that I believe you are thinking of. A number of forum members thought it was a bad idea for respected researchers to give presentations at the JVB hosted conference. More than a few, it seems to me. A majority, I believe.

Sandy don't know if you watched any of the conference but my good friend Richard Bartholomew just gave a great presentation refuting Mellen's chapter 17 in her Wallace book. He quoted quite a bit from your  posts here and is eagerly awaiting your further research on these errors.  His talk clarified a lot for me about the smudged prints Joan is trying to claim Nathan Darby used. The Austin police dept. 10 card. Not the excellent DPF prints that Nathan actually used. I wonder if her error on this was confusion.  Or.... 

9 minutes ago, Dawn Meredith said:

Sandy don't know if you watched any of the conference but my good friend Richard Bartholomew just gave a great presentation refuting Mellen's chapter 17 in her Wallace book. He quoted quite a bit from your  posts here and is eagerly awaiting your further research on these errors.  His talk clarified a lot for me about the smudged prints Joan is trying to claim Nathan Darby used. The Austin police dept. 10 card. Not the excellent DPF prints that Nathan actually used. I wonder if her error on this was confusion.  Or.... 

Richard Bartholomew presented?? DAMN i would have stopped to watch that... i admire all of his work i've come across so very much. Rambler and Still Smoking gun... (oslt)... brilliant, unique stuff.

I'm imagining all this will be available again soon... will look out for it.

who was the white-haired woman whose father(?) was the Navy photographer "Freddie?" with Admiral Byrd's excursions to "the Antarctica" who referred to Admiral Byrd's uncle as "Harold T, or D, Byrd" yesterday...?

40 minutes ago, Glenn Nall said:

who was the white-haired woman whose father(?) was the Navy photographer "Freddie?" with Admiral Byrd's excursions to "the Antarctica" who referred to Admiral Byrd's uncle as "Harold T, or D, Byrd" yesterday...?

Are you able to watch any of this after the fact? I now it'

s streaming live and I hope it will also be on you tube. Ya I knew Richard was going but did not realize he was also preresenting, which is why he would be going.

21 minutes ago, Dawn Meredith said:

Are you able to watch any of this after the fact? I now it'

s streaming live and I hope it will also be on you tube. Ya I knew Richard was going but did not realize he was also preresenting, which is why he would be going.

yes, Dawn, I was watching it live yesterday, but I lost interest pretty quickly - i'm sure it'll be available after the fact so I can choose who i want to listen to. :)

the most interesting thing to me was when they broke for lunch and we were able to listen in on some ambient conversation - borrowing laptops and what who brought to eat and whatnot.

i felt like a real spy.