The Education Forum

James Hosty and KGB Agent Kostikov

Paul Trejo

20 minutes ago, Mark Knight said:

So Oswald was only a "wanna-be," Jethro Bodine-style "double-nought spy,"....yet the United States Attorney General protected him from prosecution in an attempted murder?

Either Oswald WAS connected to folks higher up in government...or he wasn't.

Sounds to me as if you're trying to have it both ways, Mr. Trejo.  I see a contradiction in your story here.  Oswald had no government connections, BUT the highest man in the Justice Department had his back...until he didn't.

If you were a doctor, I'd call this kind of reasoning "quackery."  You're telling me that in April 1963, Oswald was essentially working for RFK...but after moved to New Orleans, he was no longer working for the Attorney General, but for the man the Attorney General wanted him to kill.  Isn't that essentially what your story is?

If it's something different, perhaps you'd better clarify your theory.  I'm not clinging to any CIA-did-it theory from the previous century, so don't trot that tired line out in this case.  I'm just trying to find an explanation that makes sense.  I mean, you're saying RFK had LHO's back in April...but wouldn't step up to the plate for him in November...or something like that, anyway.  I'm just trying to see how you can accept Walker's allegations about LHO and RFK, and still have your theory make sense.

Because to me, it doesn't.

Mark,

You're jumping to conclusions.  I don't believe that RFK sent LHO to kill General Walker.   My only point was that I have lots of solid proof that General Walker himself believed it.

I happen to believe that General Walker truly deserved to go to an insane asylum following the Ole Miss racial riots of September 30, 1962.   Now, RFK should have followed a better protocol than just losing his temper (because remember that the Ole Miss riots happened at the same time as the Cuban Missile Crisis -- so JFK and RFK were both hopping mad).

Nevertheless, I have possession of the Grand Jury records of General Walker's trial following the Ole Miss racial riots, and two separate psychiatrists testified that Walker showed clear signs of PARANOIA.

So -- I don't believe that LHO worked for the US Government in any way, form or fashion.  But I do maintain that General Walker believed it, as I showed.

My response was to show that your question is over 50 years old, and had been carefully considered before -- by General Walker himself.

Now -- that is all prelude.  Now for my own opinion.   IMHO, the reason that James Hosty did not tell the Dallas Police about LHO shooting at Walker (after he learned about it from Natalie Voshinin, the good friend of George De Mohrenschildt on Easter Sunday, 1963) was because James Hosty was working closely with Robert Alan Surrey (his bridge partner for years) and with General Walker.

It was at that moment that the Patsification of LHO was hatched.  James Hosty along with General Walker devised a plot against LHO that would take LHO to New Orleans, under the control of David Ferrie and Guy Banister.

This is why LHO was never prosecuted -- and why General Walker was so certain that LHO was his shooter as early as Easter Sunday 1963.  General Walker's PARANOIA convinced him that RFK was behind LHO.  This was also Walker's justification for plotting the JFK assassination.

It all began on Easter Sunday, 1963.

Regards,
--Paul Trejo

Edited by Paul Trejo

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"We had inside people in the Warren Report. Gerald Ford was reporting to us, and, uh, Russell ...they had three of them."

James Hosty to Eric Bushman in a November 21st, 2010 interview ( at the 16:23 mark) regarding Hosty's book "Assignment: Oswald " on radio station KMBZ in Kansas City, Missouri.

12 hours ago, Joe Bauer said:

"We had inside people in the Warren Report. Gerald Ford was reporting to us, and, uh, Russell ...they had three of them."

James Hosty to Eric Bushman in a November 21st, 2010 interview ( at the 16:23 mark) regarding Hosty's book "Assignment: Oswald " on radio station KMBZ in Kansas City, Missouri.

Right, Joe.  The FBI worked closely with the Warren Commission to carefully conceal the facts that Supreme Court Chief Justice Earl Warren decided must be hidden from the American public for 75 years -- namely -- the real conspiracy to kill JFK.

This means that a few people have always known the JFK Truth.   James Hosty was one of them.

Here are the options: (1) JFK was killed by a Left wing plot; (2) JFK was killed by a Right wing plot; (3) JFK was killed by a Lone Nut.

The first claims coming out of Dallas, Texas in the first few minutes after the JFK murder were claims of a Left wing plot.  Before the afternoon was over, the claims reached the White House, and so Dean Rusk and Nick Katzenbach pushed back hard at Dallas to produce PROOF.

Dallas backed down.  Also, by 3pm on 11/22/1963, FBI Director Hoover had already telephoned RFK with the facts that LHO was neither an official member of a Communist Party, nor an officer of the Fair Play for Cuba Committee.   So, Hoover knew good and well that LHO was not connected with any Communists.

Yet Hoover also knew that LHO was working with the FPCC in New Orleans -- there at 544 Camp Street -- and Hoover knew that Guy Banister, a former FBI man, had his offices there.  LHO was connected with Guy Banister -- that was what the FBI really knew.  This gave real strength to claims of a Right wing plot.

However -- this was a can of worms, since the USA was in the middle of the Cold War, and the USSR would have had a propaganda field day, and actual riots might break out in the streets of the USA.  It was a matter of National Security.

J. Edgar Hoover proposed the Lone Nut theory to LBJ, Allen Dulles and Earl Warren -- and they all bought it.  It became State Dogma before the day was over.  It was then the task of the FBI to tamper with all the evidence -- the ballistics, the film, the photos, the crime scene, the witnesses, the suspects, even the medical evidence -- to erase any and all clues of any Right wing conspiracy -- and there were plenty.

The US Government knew who the culprits were in 1963 and 1964, and it was a Presidential mandate by LBJ that locked all that evidence from the NARA files until 2039.   That is why even the HSCA (1977-1979) could not see that evidence -- they had no Presidential mandate.

However, in 1992, President GHW Bush signed the JFK Records Act, which set the new date of the release of that data in October, 2017.  This is only ten months away.  The JFK Research Community, I predict, will be blown away by the results.  Fifty years of backward CT's will explode like a fireworks show.   It's going to be great.

And there, at the center of the plot we will behold the unholy triumvirate: General Walker, Robert Alan Surrey and James Hosty -- the best-kept secret in US History for over a half-century.

Regards,
--Paul Trejo

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎12‎/‎18‎/‎2016 at 8:54 PM, Pamela Brown said:

Hosty said that he stopped in Irving on his way back from Fort Worth. Has he ever said what he was actually doing in Fort Worth?

Isn't that where George DeMohrenschildt, George Bouhe and Max Clark all lived? Max Clark who first approached Oswald on his return from Russia, George DeMohrenschildt who shepherded Marina around everywhere, and George Bouhe who had "files on everybody"?

...George deM. had left for Haiti by that time...just the same, an interesting coincidence...

Pamela,

Although suspicions abound, we need to have some facts to orient the scenario.

Even though Hosty stopped in Irving on his way back from Fort Worth, he was under no obligation to explain why he was in Fort Worth.  In his 1996 book, Assignment Oswald, Hosty says that he primary task for the Dallas FBI was to keep track on the Radical Right in the Dallas/Fort Worth area.

If we take Hosty at his word, that's what he was doing.

As for George Bouhe, Max Clark and George DeMohrenschildt (three prominent figures of the Russian Expatriate community in Dallas/Fort Worth), their weakness -- like that of Ruth Paine -- was that they took pity on Lee Harvey Oswald and interfered in his life -- much to their own regret.

Max Clark started the ball rolling -- and as a lawyer he checked out Lee and Marina thoroughly before getting involved.  Without his OK, none of the other Dallas/Fort Worth Russian Expatriates would have become involved.  Max Clark called the FBI and the State Department, and learned that Lee Oswald was "completely cleared" of all suspicion of being a KGB agent.

George Bouhe really pushed the ball forward, because he was infatuated by Marina Oswald.  Here was a young, pretty Russian girl from the "old country."  Bouhe showered Marina Oswald with "charity" which really amounted to gifts galore (as Jeanne DeMohrenschildt exclaimed, Bouhe got Marina 100 dresses).  But Bouhe really hated LHO.  It was a sort of Oedipus conflict.  It was only during this brief time in Fort Worth (and one day in Dallas) that LHO began beating Marina.  Lee was extremely jealous of George Bouhe, and even threatened to do violence to him.

George DeMohrenschildt was not the best-liked Russian among the Russian Expatriates in Dallas/Fort Worth.  They tended to be ultra-religious in the Greek Orthodox Church, but George DM was something of an outspoken agnostic.  George DM admitted that he liked to shock people.  But George DM genuinely liked Lee Oswald -- to a degree. 

George DM was impressed that LHO had taught himself the Russian language, and even though LHO's accent was thick and he made many errors in grammar, he was still a lot more fluent in Russian language than the children of George DM, who were part Russian -- and well to do.  LHO could speak fluently about his Soviet experiences to mixed gatherings of both Russian and English speakers.  George DM loved to watch this -- since few people could do this, and those who could were all highly educated people -- except LHO.  It was fascination.

George DM then interfered greatly in LHO's life.  When LHO started beating Marina in late 1962 and early 1963, George DM helped George Bouhe move Marina out of LHO's house and into the homes of other Russian Expatriates -- staying a few weeks at a time.  This was to get LHO to cool off -- which he eventually did. 

The troubles for George DM began because he hated Ex-General Edwin Walker so much.  George DM came from a family of Russian nobles who had lost their Estate to the Communists in 1917.  So, it is little surprise that George DM helped the Nazi Party in the late 1930's.  However, after the Nazi Party tore Russia apart, George DM turned against them, and joined the Allies.  After Germany lost WW2, George and his older brother came to the USA, where they became fairly successful.   The point is that Russian Expatriates hated the Communists -- but they also hated the Nazi Party.

For George DM, the problem with General Walker was that Walker had led a racial riot at Ole Miss University on September 30, 1962, to prevent one Black American (James Meredith) from becoming a student there.  Two were killed and hundreds were wounded in that riot.  George DM despised General Walker because of that neo-Nazi riot.

George DM and his friend, Volkmar Schmidt, worked on Lee Harvey Oswald to get him to hate General Walker, too.  This is well-documented.  When speaking to LHO, George DM used to call Walker, "General Fokker," and make LHO laugh.

Soon after LHO (allegedly) tried to assassinate General Walker (possibly to please George DM), the DeMohrenschildts visited the Oswalds late one night and confirmed that LHO had a military rifle with a scope on it -- and they never saw the Oswalds again in their lives.  They promptly moved to Haiti.

Now -- getting back to James Hosty.  James Hosty's main job in the Dallas FBI was to track the Radical Right wing.  This included General Walker (as Hosty himself admitted) as well as Robert Alan Surrey, who was Walker's business partner.

In my CT, James Hosty was a secret supporter of General Walker and Robert Alan Surrey.  There was thus no plot between James Hosty and the Russian Expatriates.  On the contrary -- James Hosty would have no positive things to say about George DeMohrenschildt.

By suggesting that KGB agent Valeriy Kostikov was behind the JFK assassination, FBI agent James Hosty also poured blame on the FBI and CIA leadership for failing to tell Hosty -- and so made them accessories after the fact.  James Hosty did everything to take attention away from the Radical Right in Dallas.  

Regards,
--Paul Trejo

Edited by Paul Trejo
clarity

On 1/1/2017 at 8:33 PM, Joe Bauer said:

I have to believe that Hosty didn't even realize the import of his above statement in a recorded public forum.

He is saying that the Warren Commission was totally compromised by his own agency by having three of it's members reporting to them as instructed.

I had heard a thousand times about Ford being a company man...but to hear Hosty remark off-handedly that Russell and another member were too...is just so...remarkable in finally hearing the truth about how compromised that so-called "august" independent of outside influenced body was. 

LBJ and Hoover had that committee by the -alls from day one. They picked the members. Obvious how and why.

And LBJ in his Cronkite interview said of the WC members...they were the most ablist judicious ... well, just pull up that interview and shake your head at LBJ'S comments to ole Walter.

Edited by Joe Bauer

On ‎1‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 8:23 PM, Joe Bauer said:

"We had inside people in the Warren Report. Gerald Ford was reporting to us, and, uh, Russell ...they had three of them."  (James Hosty to Eric Bushman in a November 21st, 2010 interview -- at the 16:23 mark -- regarding Hosty's book "Assignment: Oswald" on radio station KMBZ in Kansas City, Missouri.)

I have to believe that Hosty didn't even realize the import of his above statement in a recorded public forum.

He is saying that the Warren Commission was totally compromised by his own agency by having three of it's members reporting to them as instructed.

I had heard a thousand times about Ford being a company man...but to hear Hosty remark off-handedly that Russell and another member were too...is just so...remarkable in finally hearing the truth about how compromised that so-called august body was. 

Joe,

Well, this interview was in 2010, and so it was already well-known publicly that the sole purpose of the Warren Commission was to confirm the FBI report that J. Edgar Hoover had submitted to LBJ only days after the JFK assassination.  (The trouble was that Hoover was not a strong enough source to vouch for the "Lone Nut" theory all by himself.  Bigger guns were needed.)

LBJ told Senator Russell personally.  Russell resisted the order to join the Warren Commission, on the grounds that he didn't like Earl Warren, and besides, he was too busy,   LBJ said, "all you'll do is evaluate the Hoover report he has already made!

The Warren Commission barely did any investigation at all -- they left most of it to the FBI.  

Regards,
--Paul Trejo

Edited by Paul Trejo
clarity

On ‎12‎/‎20‎/‎2016 at 0:43 AM, Chris Newton said:

Paul,

...As for the Minutemen, they weren't really Walker's radical militia. They were/are a radical militia that had/has extreme right wing views. They were De Pugh's militia.

Chris,

That's correct, yet James Hosty said they were Walker's radical militia -- so I think that Hosty must have meant to say that the Dallas Minutemen were Walker's.  To repeat:

"My caseload in the four-man counter-intelligence squad in the Dallas office was domninated by right-wingers.  I spent much of my time tracking the movements and actions of both Klan members and members of former US Army General Edwin Walker's radical militia group, known as the Minutemen...In the eyes of the Minutemen, Kennedy was at best a dupe of the Communists, at worst a Communist collaborator."  (James Hosty, Assignment Oswald, 1996, p. 4)

It is interesting that James Hosty would say that -- because James Hosty was an expert on the topic -- in fact, Hosty was the most qualified FBI agent in America to make that statement.

This statement by Hosty reminds me of a well-known statement by ATF agent Frank Ellsworth.   WC memo of April 16, 1964, summarizes Frank Ellsworth saying that "an organization known as the Minutemen is the Right-wing group in Dallas most likely to have been associated with any effort to assassinate the President...The Minutemen are closely tied to General Walker and H.L. Hunt.

James Hosty knew Frank Ellsworth personally, and even mentioned Ellsworth in his book.   Probably Ellsworth shared this idea with Hosty -- and I have very little doubt that James Hosty knew about it, though he doesn't repeat it in his book.  

By the way, FBI HQ File 62-107261, further labeled, "Minutemen," with serial numbers #283, #592, #638, #680, and #753, apparently comprises Hosty's Dallas FBI reports linking the Minutemen with General Walker.  To the best of my knowledge, these documents remain heavily redacted even today.

Regards,
--Paul Trejo

Edited by Paul Trejo
emphasis

Getting back to the theme of this thread -- James Hosty and Valeriy Kostikov -- I would emphasize again that the Lopez Report (2003) emphasizes that if Oswald really met Kostikov in Mexico City on October 1, 1963, as James Hosty claimed, then "it is 100% certain that the Communists assassinated JFK."

That is why I want readers to carefully scrutinize James Hosty's book, Assignment Oswald (1996).  If James Hosty is telling the truth about Kostikov, then the Communists killed JFK -- not the CIA; not the Mafia; not LBJ; not Hoover; not even General Walker and the Radical Right in Dallas.

But look at all the US Government officials who sharply denied a Communist conspiracy in the JFK murder:  Dean Rusk, J. Edgar Hoover, Alan Belmont, Allen Dulles, John McCone, Richard Helms, Llewellyn Thompson, James Rowley, C. Douglas Dillon and many more.

James Hosty's book, Assignment Oswald (1996), accuses the entire US Government of covering up the Communist assassination of JFK. 

My interpretation of these facts amounts to this: the charge of a Communist conspiracy in the JFK assassination was first voiced by the Radical RIght in Dallas, which they continued to repeat in their WC testimonies.  Therefore, I say that James Hosty secretly supported the Radical Right, from the very start.

This is practically proved by the fact that James Hosty used the "Kostikov" card in 1996 -- while the CIA still hadn't released its FOIA documents about Kostikov (and the impersonation of LHO in Mexico City in the Kostikov link) until the 21st century.   James Hosty is so busted!

Regards,
--Paul Trejo

Edited by Paul Trejo

On 12/21/2016 at 2:09 PM, Chris Newton said:

FBI FD-201 dated 9/10/63

The "drinking in excess" charge is curious in that everyone else that knew LHO, (including his wife), said that he didn't drink.

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=97142#relPageId=2&tab=page

Chris,

James Hosty reported that the Elsbeth Street apartment neighbors complained of Oswald "drinking in excess."   This charge is false, but it is easily explained by the secrecy in which the Oswald's lived there on Elsbeth Street.

First -- Marina didn't speak English.  Nobody there really knew what she was going through.

Secondly -- Oswald didn't easily make friends -- Oswald was an avid reader and somewhat of a snob.

Thirdly -- Oswald began beating Marina again during this period.  She had maintained a relationship with older, Russian Expatriate George Bouhe, who showered her with "charify" and gifts, and Marina liked that while Lee hated it.  While in Fort Worth, Marina became accustomed to the large house of Elena Hall, from late September to mid-November 1962.  But when Marina first came to the Elsbeth Street apartment, she resented  the poverty that Lee Oswald provided for her.  So they fought a lot.

Fourth -- the neighbors at the Elsbeth Street apartments heard them fight continually.  The fights were LOUD.  There would occasionally be breaking glass.  Yet the neighbors never TALKED to the Oswalds.

Fifth -- when neighbors hear strangers fight loudly and continually, they often PRESUME that liquor is involved.  It was a rule of thumb, of common sense that would link the Oswalds' continual bickering at Elsbeth Street with "drinking in excess."

Sixth -- the Oswalds were finally asked to leave the Elsbeth Street apartment by the owner of the property -- because of the loud fighting.

CONCLUSION: Although there was no drinking involved, the loud and continual fighting of Lee and Marina Oswald caused many neighbors to presume that liquor was involved, and to report this to the authorities when FBI agent James Hosty came by.

Regards,
--Paul Trejo 

Edited by Paul Trejo
clarity

It seems to me that in order to make a more solid case against FBI agent James Hosty, a foundation must be constructed.  The Dallas Police and Sheriff's Deputies must be placed under a microscope first and foremost.   There has been a half-century of resistance to the idea that a Dallas plot against JFK could be rooted in the Dallas Police.  This will change the CT landscape.

Regards,
--Paul Trejo

On ‎12‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 8:41 PM, Pamela Brown said:

With all due respect, it seems to me that giving either of the Paines a free pass can block serious investigation of their possible collusion in the events that transpired involveing LHO.  If nothing else, they managed to be at the right place at the right time on a number of occasions. I have never found them to be believable.  I think they're hiding something.  

Pamela,

I truly appreciate your input into this thread.  You take a historian's objective approach. 

I have thoroughly examined the testimony of Ruth Paine, and I can find no fault in it whatsoever.  If you can find something , please let me know.

I have also examined the testimony of Michael Paine, and the only fault I find is that he swore to tell the "whole truth," and yet he omitted to tell the WC what he later told Dan Rather (1998) namely, that when he first met Lee Harvey Oswald on April 2, 1963 there at the Neely Street apartment, Michael actually saw one of the Backyard Photographs.

That was a major omission, IMHO, and I think Michael was terrified of admitting that, because so many people in 1964 were looking for scapegoats and for accomplices of Lee Harvey Oswald.  The Paines seemed like likely suspects to many.

Well -- very many -- we can include Dallas Deputy Buddy Walthers among others in suspecting if the Paines were part of a Communist plot with LHO to kill JFK.  There were others.

Is that what you also suspect, Pamela -- that the Paines are hiding a Communist plot to kill JFK?   Or do you sympathize with the CTers who suspect that the Paines were in the CIA, and were part of a CIA plot to kill JFK, mainly because the Paines came from wealthy families on the East Coast?

Why do you think they're hiding something?  Did they know something about Kostikov, too?

Regards,
--Paul Trejo

On 1/20/2017 at 3:01 PM, Paul Trejo said:

Pamela,

I truly appreciate your input into this thread.  You take a historian's objective approach. 

I have thoroughly examined the testimony of Ruth Paine, and I can find no fault in it whatsoever.  If you can find something , please let me know.

I have also examined the testimony of Michael Paine, and the only fault I find is that he swore to tell the "whole truth," and yet he omitted to tell the WC what he later told Dan Rather (1998) namely, that when he first met Lee Harvey Oswald on April 2, 1963 there at the Neely Street apartment, Michael actually saw one of the Backyard Photographs.

That was a major omission, IMHO, and I think Michael was terrified of admitting that, because so many people in 1964 were looking for scapegoats and for accomplices of Lee Harvey Oswald.  The Paines seemed like likely suspects to many.

Well -- very many -- we can include Dallas Deputy Buddy Walthers among others in suspecting if the Paines were part of a Communist plot with LHO to kill JFK.  There were others.

Is that what you also suspect, Pamela -- that the Paines are hiding a Communist plot to kill JFK?   Or do you sympathize with the CTers who suspect that the Paines were in the CIA, and were part of a CIA plot to kill JFK, mainly because the Paines came from wealthy families on the East Coast?

Why do you think they're hiding something?  Did they know something about Kostikov, too?

Regards,
--Paul Trejo

To believe anyone blindly and find 'no fault' with what they say is what someone in a cult would do.  I start with the opposite position, which is not to find anything about Ruth Paine credible simply because everywhere LHO got into trouble Ruth was conveniently available to make him the scapegoat.  

I have my own hypothesis about how the Paines may have been used to set LHO up.  

On 1/26/2017 at 9:20 AM, Pamela Brown said:

To believe anyone blindly and find 'no fault' with what they say is what someone in a cult would do.  I start with the opposite position, which is not to find anything about Ruth Paine credible simply because everywhere LHO got into trouble Ruth was conveniently available to make him the scapegoat.  

Pamela,

What is your hypothesis about how the Paines may have been used to set LHO up? I've always found things a little too convenient as well. I'm interested in hearing your take on it.

Edited by Roger DeLaria

On ‎1‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 0:18 PM, Roger DeLaria said:

Pamela,

What is your hypothesis about how the Paines may have been used to set LHO up? I've always found things a little too convenient as well. I'm interested in hearing your take on it.

I second the motion.

Regards,
--Paul Trejo

On ‎1‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 10:20 AM, Pamela Brown said:

Pamela,

If you have anything solid or even interesting about Ruth Paine, please share it here.  Even James Hosty didn't find anything suspicious about her.  Why would you?  What part of Ruth Paine's WC testimony sounds questionable to you?

Regards,
--Paul Trejo

Edited by Paul Trejo