The Education Forum

Jackie Kennedy's Secret Service Agent Opens Up

19 minutes ago, Vince Palamara said:

David, on a more upbeat note--Happy Thanksgiving and your website is a great resource.

Are you really related to Frederic Forrest, who played Oswald on tv????

Thank you, Vince.

And, no, I'm not related to Mr. Forrest in any way that I'm aware of. What gave you that idea anyway?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vince Palamara said:

Only joking LOL :)

Okay. I was wondering if you were just pulling my chain or if my memory about my relatives was getting very poor. :)

(Forrest was a very good Oswald, btw.)

http://dvp-video-audio-archive.blogspot.com/2012/03/ruby-and-oswald.html

Vince Palamara said:

David, why has your You Tube channel sometimes disappeared?

I occasionally have to rebuild it from the ground up because of the ol' Copyright Police, although many of the copyright claims are downright bogus ones, and provably so. Anything I use on my channel that comes from the JFK Library, for instance, is perfectly acceptable for use by anybody because the Library has all those recordings clearly labelled as "Public Domain" programs. So it ticks me off when somebody puts in a "claim" on something that I know to be Public Domain.

BTW, if you're anything like me and you have a deep interest in the O.J. Simpson trial, I've just this week completed a massive months-long video editing project which includes hundreds of hours of testimony from the 1995 O.J. trial, which can be accessed here -------> http://OJ--Simpson.blogspot.com

Edited by David Von Pein

14 hours ago, Vince Palamara said:

Clint Hill is a fraud- a false hero; the Jessica Lynch of the Secret Service. He drank the night before- according to the Secret Service manual, it is grounds for REMOVAL from the Secret Service (Hill, Ready, Bennett and Landis drank the morning of the assassination and stayed out late. Alcohol consumption and sleep deprivation...not good.) Rowley even admitted as such under oath, but wimped out before an angry Chief Warren (in Warren's finest moment during the WC), stating he didn't want to traumatize the agents.

Bottom line- Hill got to the limousine TOO LATE; WAY TOO LATE...no "split second" crap. The shooting was over and done with! And, to add insult to injury, Jackie got in and out of the car totally of her own volition- they never even touched! Oh, but Hill tried...ok, so do we give awards for "trying but failing"?!?! He struck out...but he tried, dammit. Pathetic.

Hill does not believe the single bullet theory, does not believe any shot missed, and says the back of the head was gone...yet he also says other things that Doug Horne and others have taken him to task for. He is laughing all the way to the bank. When he croaks, I assume McCubbin will take over his estate. She knows what she is doing--$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

http://www.ctka.net/2016/book-review-five-presidents/five-presidents-by-clint-hill-with-lisa-mccubbin-a-review.html

http://www.ctka.net/reviews/kennedydetailreview.html

http://www.ctka.net/reviews/MrsKennedy_Hill_Review_Palamara.html

http://ctka.net/reviews/slick_propaganda.html

THANKS VINCE,

Not only the back of the head in the area that most of the Parkland witnesses saw, but didn't hill see a wound DOWN in the back? Not in the back of the neck.

He's must have lost his memory, sure looks that way.

He swore to protect the president. he is not protecting the president right now, if he claims that he believes the sbt -  so, I'm sure he just lost his memory, he can't be lying for money,  

That's so sad, if he knows he is lying, so sad.

Was not below his original statement? Sorry Clint if I am nor correct on this.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I observed a wound about six inches down from the neckline on the back just to the right of the spinal column. I observed another wound on the right rear portion of the skull. Attendants of the Joseph Gawler Mortuary were at this time preparing the body for placement in the casket. A new casket had been obtained from Gawler Mortuary in which the body was to be placed.

Wow, that sure is a mixed bag of messages between Manchester and Bishop.  Both of their writings seem a little hackneyed, full of hyperbole, and somewhat hysterical.

McHugh "barked" - yeah right

And other stuff.  Whew.

BTW - who in the h**ll wrote that book review on TDOAP?  Jesus, talk about one-sided.

Hey Dave, to say a big FU to you know who about the copyright issue, why don't you just build a site, put all of your videos on your server, and self-embed them onto pages?  That way you won't have to depend on you know who's video embedder.  Adobe makes some fantastic "drag and drop" software that allows you to do this now.  If you want to send me one of your very short MP4 videos, I can set up a test page to give you an idea.

Michael Walton said:

Wow, that sure is a mixed bag of messages between Manchester and Bishop.  Both of their writings seem a little hackneyed, full of hyperbole, and somewhat hysterical. McHugh "barked" - yeah right. And other stuff. Whew.

Oh, come now, Michael. You know what that is --- it's called "dramatic license". Some "over the top" license is always used when an author is writing in narrative style like that.

Think maybe you can cut Manchester and Bishop some slack in that "license" regard? :)

Michael Walton said:

BTW - who in the h**ll wrote that book review on TDOAP?  Jesus, talk about one-sided.

It's my review (of course), which is quite obvious since I "signed" it at the end.

Sorry you disapprove, Mike. (Should I have pretended Oswald was innocent because he never went to trial, like most Internet CTers keep telling me I should do?)

Michael Walton said:

Hey Dave, to say a big FU to you know who about the copyright issue, why don't you just build a site, put all of your videos on your server, and self-embed them onto pages?

Oh, I've already done that, Michael. (In a way.) I've self-embedded many of my videos on my own sites (blogs) using the outstanding (non-YouTube) service provided by Google (Google Drive).

I just recently (this year) discovered that Google Drive existed and was available for free video uploading (and with no ceiling on file size!). So I started using the Google Drive service to replace most of the "non-YouTube" videos that I had been putting on my sites in past years via the rather subpar "Blogger" uploading tool (which only allows 240p uploads and a maximum file size of only 100MB, which doesn't get me very far for my long-form JFK videos).

Samples:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/JFK Radio Coverage

http://dvp-video-audio-archive.blogspot.com/2016/07/jfk-assassination-mutual-radio.html

P.S. -- Don't get me wrong, I still love YouTube too (for the most part). :)

Edited by David Von Pein

David - great that you found another way to embed with GD.  I tried doing the embed thing with it but I think you have to sync your GD account onto your desktop in order to get the embed code - is that correct?  Otherwise I can't figure out how to do it.

I'm a big OJ fan too.  Please tell me, David, that you think he is guilty too...am I right?  If I am then it looks like we finally agree on something :)

Michael Walton said:

I tried doing the embed thing with it but I think you have to sync your GD account onto your desktop in order to get the embed code - is that correct?

Oh, heavens no. Not at all. I've embedded hundreds of Google Drive videos on my sites and I've never had to "sync" anything.

The embed code is available for every file you make public. But you have to make sure to make them public, by turning on Link Sharing from the "Share" option after you've uploaded a file. And I assume the Link Sharing works with files other than just video files too. I've used it for a few PDF files as well, and I can embed those files too (after making them public).

After activating the Link Sharing (which creates a unique URL for the file in question), you can embed the file by clicking the "More Actions" button in the upper-right corner of the unique page/URL that has been created by GD for that file. You'll then see an option for "Embed Item". Click that and you've got the embed code. And Voila!

Here's a visual demonstration of where to find the embed button (using this video file as an example):

Google-Drive-Tutorial-By-DVP.png

Michael Walton said:

I'm a big OJ fan too. Please tell me, David, that you think he is guilty too...am I right? If I am, then it looks like we finally agree on something. :)

Guilty as ever-lovin' sin.

And I wonder what the odds are of these two things BOTH occurring within the very same murder case? I'd like your opinion, if you'd care to provide it....

http://amazon.com/review/What Are The Odds??

http://dvp-potpourri.blogspot.com/2016/08/the-oj-simpson-murder-trial.html

Edited by David Von Pein

Dave - thanks for this.  Notice in your graphic where it says EMBED ITEM that is completely missing for me in my dropdown for any shared and public video, even though all of the videos I share and make public are shared and public. I can't imagine why it's missing for me and it's shown for you.

No doubts for me too about OJ - his blood all over the place, the gloves, his motive ("if I can't have her, no one else can") and so on.  I blame the DA's for not having the trial moved out of LA and his lawyers for playing the race card.

7 hours ago, Michael Walton said:

Dave - thanks for this.  Notice in your graphic where it says EMBED ITEM, that is completely missing for me in my dropdown for any shared and public video, even though all of the videos I share and make public are shared and public. I can't imagine why it's missing for me and it's shown for you.

It's there, Michael. I'd bet on it. You're just not checking the unique webpage version of the file. You're probably only checking the overlay version of the file that comes up when you click on a video from the "lobby" area of your Google Drive account. I've had other people, including my brother, ask me "Why can't I embed this video, dammit?" .... and I then point out that the video needs to be opened in a new window/tab first.

Here's another visual demo, with this one showing one of my video files being opened in an "overlay" fashion (on top of all the other stuff in my Drive account. And as you can see, in this overlay mode, I don't have the embed option either. But if I were to click "Open in new window", and then click "More Actions", I'll find the embed code....

Google-Drive-Tutorial-By-DVP-02.png

Edited by David Von Pein

Oh yeah perfect!  When I clicked that OPEN IN NEW WINDOW, it opened and then EMBED was there.  Terrific!  Thanks so much.  One more thing...

Do you know if you know who does the c in a circle thing with Drive videos like they do on their "commerical" Y site?  Have they hassled you with anything you have there so far?

34 minutes ago, Michael Walton said:

Do you know if you know who does the c in a circle thing with Drive videos like they do on their "commerical" Y site?  Have they hassled you with anything you have there so far?

I've had no problems along those lines with the Drive since I started using it.