The Education Forum

Jackie Kennedy's Secret Service Agent Opens Up

Clint Hill seen wearing a long coat at Andrews Air Force Base

After taking of his own coat at Parkland and using it to cover Kennedy's blood soaked head.

i am sure that Jackie Kennedy considered Hill a hero that day ( it was the worst day of her life, after having Kennedy's head

explode in her face at Z313 ) she was in shock in the Limo on the ride to Parkland, and Clint Hill was right by her side to protect her.

Andrews_AFB_2.jpg

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vince

You talk about the $$$$$$$$$$$$ Clint Hill makes

On your website you talk about the guest appearances you have made on various shows , you advertise your DVD;s and the 3-books you have for sale.

so you have jumped on the JFK money making band wagon as well.

So what makes what what Hill does, any different from what you are doing ?

I purchased this photo on Ebay

The photo shows him, so why shouldn't he autograph it. ?

clinthillscan.jpg

First of all, it is laughable in the extreme to compare any money I have received to the (literally) millions Hill has received. I work for a living and am lucky I have broken even after all the years of working on my own dime. Hill hasn't worked since 1975 and his books have all sold hundreds of thousands each. Coupled with being on the number one publishing house and the movie deal----$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Hill autographing a photo of a wounded JFK is disgusting (and I don't care who else did it--two wrongs don't make a right and Hill should know better. Judging by the reaction on my Facebook page, dozens and dozens of regular folk agree with me). He has also autographed an autopsy photo, as a lady on my Facebook was witness to.

Hill drank the night before and the shooting was over and done with when he got there. I am just offering my opinion. If you think he is a hero, have fun.

My third book explores more about Hill on an area we haven't even touched on- stay tuned.

Edited by Vince Palamara

OOPS- sorry, Robin: I forgot to answer your other question. :)

You asked: "If Clint had started running the instant he heard the first Bang.

Do you think he could have made it on the back of the Limo before the Bang Bang"

It is possible but doubtful. We will never know. If Hill would have went to bed earlier than he did and didn't drink the night before (sleep deprivation and alcohol consumption are negative factors) he would have stood a better chance.

I'm trying to stay neutral here.  I know Robin has done a great job on his site of collecting all kinds of photos from A-Z people in this case.  I believe he's got ads on it as well.  Nothing wrong with that if it pays the web hosting bills.  Robin, not being critical of that - it is what it is.

But I do agree with Vince here.  Vince, Jim, Larry, Mark, Vince S, Wecht, and others have done a good job of telling the story of this case that the government should have done all along but didn't.  I liken it to what my favorite baseball players do, those like Bench and Rose.  They're professional athletes and they sign cards, photos and so on for fans who enjoyed watching them as athletes.

But a Secret Service agent who was supposed to be guarding the life of the president, who dropped the ball big time that day, and who goes around shilling that moment, even today, just seems really tasteless and almost macabre. It's one thing for a ball player to sell a signed card of himself, and quite another for an ex-agent to sign his name on an autopsy photo of the dead president with his head blown off.

"But a Secret Service agent who was supposed to be guarding the life of the president, who dropped the ball big time that day, and who goes around shilling that moment, even today, just seems really tasteless and almost macabre. It's one thing for a ball player to sell a signed card of himself, and quite another for an ex-agent to sign his name on an autopsy photo of the dead president with his head blown off."---well said, Michael.

UPDATE---Hill is contemplating a FOURTH book [fifth, if you count The Kennedy Detail (Foreword, afterword, contributed, book tour, media tour, documentary)]...I told you: $$$$$. WHAT else is there to say?!?! So much repetition already.

Thanks for the comments Vince.

on this topic we will have to agree to disagree.

Michael

Just for the record, the image gallery website is NOT hosted by me. ( I don't pay the bills )

It was kindly provided to me, so that i would have a place to post my image collection.

I was given  "Admin status"  to do with the galleries what i wanted, i control the image galleries, and what goes in them, but any adds on the site were not placed there by me,