The Education Forum

The End of CTKA, but the beginning of....

Tomorrow night at about 8 PM CST, CTKA will not be able to be accessed anymore.  CTKA had a 13 year run and I dare  say it was a very valuable resource.

In fact, many people, both inside and outside the critical community, felt it was the best overall site on the JFK case, and the sixties assassinations.

It will be gone, but it will be replaced by something even better.

I and two other colleagues have been constructing in secret a new site with a new name and new URL.  Plus a completely different stylistic appearance.

I think everyone will be happy that the community will finally have a web site that looks as good, or better, than the general news sites out there, e.g. Huffpo and TPM.

It is my hope that this will gain us a bit more respect by the Powers that Be.  Stay tuned for more.

Edited by James DiEugenio

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a new organization that recently announced its existence:

Citizens Against Political Assassinations

http://capa-hq.com

And there is now John Barbour's Citizens for Assassination Justice, which sponsors the Ten Most Wanted that is posted here in the forum today.

Edited by Douglas Caddy

VInce:

Yes it will all be there.

Thirteen years of CTKA articles will be searchable in a large archive and a very good search engine.

Thanks Gene, appreciate it.  But wait until you see our new home.  We traded a Nissan Sentra for a Bentley.

And Lisa Pease's new book on the RFK case will be scheduled for release next year.   I have been able to view some of the sections.  It will be really something, in some ways revolutionary.  

Thanks Vince.  We have about 24 hours to the new launch and we are taking the time to iron out a couple of technical issues.

But everything should be ready for the opening tomorrow night.

The critical community gets the contemporary look it deserves finally.

Excellent-I cannot wait! I will let everyone know.

Will there be redirects for the old CTKA urls? In other words, if I was to click on this link after tomorrow night, would it redirect me to the new link?

http://ctka.net/2016/mellen-review/mellen-review.html

CTKA is among my two favorite sites for JFK assassination information, research, and analysis. I am most appreciative of the many book reviews posted there.

I'm looking forward to seeing the facelift. It shouldn't matter, but I believe a modern appearance will make the site look more credible.

Yes Vince, that should do it.

Thanks Sandy.  Yes I agree on the new look.  That should help, and I expect it to increase traffic.

Tomorrow night [November 28, 2016] at about 8 PM CST, CTKA will not be able to be accessed anymore.  CTKA had a 13-year run and I dare say it was a very valuable resource. In fact, many people, both inside and outside the critical community, felt it was the best overall site on the JFK case, and the sixties assassinations. It will be gone, but it will be replaced by something even better. I and two other colleagues have been constructing in secret a new site with a new name and new URL.

I know we disagree on every single aspect of the JFK case, but I still want to say....

Good luck with your new site, Jim.

I'll be posting a link to it on my own website/blog when I get the URL for it today. (It will replace the CTKA link. Yes, I've had a CTKA link on my site for years. Incredible, isn't it?) :)

Edited by David Von Pein

Jim,

I also will add a new link replacing the CTKA link on my own modest website. My link will be better than David's link. I think David's link will have an asterisk beside it, with a note at the bottom saying, "Don't believe this link."

17 minutes ago, Ron Ecker said:

Jim,

I also will add a new link replacing the CTKA link on my own modest website. My link will be better than David's link. I think David's link will have an asterisk beside it, with a note at the bottom saying, "Don't believe this link."

Now, is that a very nice thing to imply, Mr. Ecker? :P

Edited by David Von Pein