The Education Forum

The End of CTKA, but the beginning of....

7 minutes ago, David Von Pein said:

Now, is that a very nice thing to imply, Mr. Ecker? :P

Actually it's very commendable that you have a link to Jim's site. It will be even more commendable if Jim's new site convinces you that there was a conspiracy.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

43 minutes ago, Ron Ecker said:

Actually it's very commendable that you have a link to Jim's site. It will be even more commendable if Jim's new site convinces you that there was a conspiracy.

I have no problem with linking to sites that offer a different viewpoint from my own. As I said, I've been linking to Jim's CTKA site for years. And I've got links to JFK Facts, JFK Lancer, plus links to various conspiracy-oriented forums too (including DPF and The Education Forum):

http://DavidVonPein.blogspot.com/#More-Resources

http://DavidVonPein.blogspot.com/#JFK-Assassination-Forums

If anybody knows of any additional JFK forums that could be added to my list above, please let me know. I might want to add them. Thank you. (BTW/FWIW, I'll be adding the proper link to the JFK Lancer forum when it becomes available again after the rebuild of their archive is complete. Currently, though, that link points to another part of the Lancer site.)

Edited by David Von Pein

Ron:

I have to admit, DVP is actually quite fair in his links to other sites.

But that was funny about the asterisk, sort of like Roger Maris' 61 home runs.

9 minutes ago, James DiEugenio said:

But that was funny about the asterisk, sort of like Roger Maris' 61 home runs.

Now Roger Maris was a very strange case. He hit those 61 home runs, then as I recall he wound up playing for the Cardinals and couldn't hit a home run to save his life. I think there must have been some kind of conspiracy involving the pitchers.

47 minutes ago, Ron Ecker said:

Roger Maris was a very strange case. He hit those 61 home runs, then as I recall he wound up playing for the Cardinals and couldn't hit a home run to save his life.

Yes, Ron, you're right. Maris managed to swat only 14 four-ply wallops in his two years with St. Louis in 1967 and '68. But, amazingly, the Cardinals won the pennant in both of those seasons---even with Maris' meager power output. '68, of course, was the Year Of The Pitcher (mainly, Bob Gibson).

If you're interested, I've archived Maris' 61st circuit clout (and lots more stuff) at my Baseball webpage.

JFK Segue....

http://jfk-archives.blogspot.com/JFK Interview On Opening Day Of The 1961 Baseball Season

Edited by David Von Pein

1 hour ago, Ron Ecker said:

Now Roger Maris was a very strange case. He hit those 61 home runs, then as I recall he wound up playing for the Cardinals and couldn't hit a home run to save his life. I think there must have been some kind of conspiracy involving the pitchers.

Real short right field wall in Yankee Stadium that accounted for some of it.

The Cards had very good hitters, but they just could not pitch around Roger as easily when he was with the Yanks .

And Maris suffered a lot of anxiety and stress as a result of chasing Ruth and battling Mantle, I don't think he ever was the same.

But of course , it could have been that he lost his swing, he wouldn't have been the first, and won't be the last.

1 hour ago, Hugo Langendoen said:

I am excited to read the news about a new site. Good luck Jim! And thanks for all the work that you and others do to provide us all with a lot of valuable information ! 

Thanks Hugo, its younger people like you that we are aiming at with our new look.

And BTW, I think the site will be more searchable also.  I mean there is a lot of info there beyond the entry pages.

23 hours ago, Douglas Caddy said:

There is a new organization that recently announced its existence:

Citizens Against Political Assassinations

http://capa-hq.com

And there is now John Barbour's Citizens for Assassination Justice, which sponsors the Ten Most Wanted that is posted here in the forum today.

Why is the CAPA section on the MLK case so "neutral"? Wasn't it physically proven, with ballistics, that James Earl Ray was framed?

18 hours ago, Micah Mileto said:

Why is the CAPA section on the MLK case so "neutral"? Wasn't it physically proven, with ballistics, that James Earl Ray was framed?

I am not a member of CAPA, an organization that I learned about for the first time at the recent 4th JFK Assassination Conference in Dallas. Thus, I cannot answer your question and suggest that you direct it to one of CAPA leaders using its website to do so.

Edited by Douglas Caddy

kennedysandking.com  is now open.

Let me know what you think as we always appreciate our readers' input.

Edited by James DiEugenio

Jim, it is OUTSTANDING! You weren't kidding. Very impressive. The old site was very good but this one is worthy of any major news outlet or network. Very easy to navigate and INVITES one to search. I love the name, as well.

Love it!

Vince

P.S. Excellent job on the redirect links from the old site. I was worried there would be a mess of dead links.

Fine job, Jim.

Noticed a typo in your Welcoming Remarks: "To put it mildly, Mike Pence, Donald Trump, Hillary Clinton, and Tim Kaine do not come close to the those leaders—in any way, shape or form."

Thanks Vince.  Thanks for the correction Ron and thanks for the link DVP.

BTW, you probably want to just surf a bit on the new site, but let me direct your attention to  the CTKA classics section.  That is some really good stuff there that everyone can enjoy.