DVP's New Master Video/Audio Index

• 6 months later...
  • Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

24 minutes ago, David Von Pein said:

What link?

Sorry. I confused pages. I know you had the report in your book with Ayton. On another page that I thought was yours there was a link to an online version of it that no longer works. If you have someway of posting a version of it, it would be appreciated.

59 minutes ago, Stu Wexler said:

Sorry. I confused pages. I know you had the report in your book with Ayton. On another page that I thought was yours there was a link to an online version of it that no longer works. If you have some way of posting a version of it, it would be appreciated.

I don't have any version of Michael O'Dell's work that I could post online. And even if I did have one, I'm not too sure it would be right to post the whole thing here without getting Michael's permission first, seeing as how it was first published in Beyond Reasonable Doubt in 2014. I doubt Michael would mind, but I wouldn't want to post it myself to any public forum without talking to him first.

Was the "online version" of O'Dell's work that you mentioned above something that Michael himself posted? Or was it somebody else who swiped his entire acoustical essay from the pages of BRD and then put it online? Or would you know such info?

-----------

EDIT / CORRECTION --- Sorry, Stu, I was mistaken above when I said I didn't have any version of O'Dell's acoustical study. But I just now looked at my computer files and I was actually surprised to see that I do, indeed, have Michael's full essay/study regarding the HSCA acoustical topic stored on my hard drive. (I had thought that his contribution to the Beyond Reasonable Doubt book was something that was added only after the final galleys were sent to me. But I was wrong. I have the full PDF of the book, including Michael's work too.)

But I'm not going to post it here unless you can get Michael's express permission to do so. I'm also thinking that the permission of Mel Ayton (the main author of BRD) should be obtained as well. If they say it's OK, then I could easily send you a PDF version via Private Message here at EF.

My guess would be that Mr. O'Dell would probably be happy to see his acoustical work published somewhere online in a PDF file like the one I possess, mainly because the version that appears on Pages 441 to 455 of Beyond Reasonable Doubt was printed in such a small font that it's very hard to read (without the aid of a magnifying glass). And that is something I've been kind of embarrassed about ever since the final version of the book came out in December 2014.*

* You should have seen the way the publisher messed up the very first version of the book. Incredibly, Michael's entire essay/study in "Appendix 2" of the book was cut out entirely. There was merely a notation on page 441 that said "See PDF File". LOL. Can you believe that a publishing house would actually print up a final version of a book in such a sloppy and careless manner? Mel and I were boiling, and made them re-print the whole thing, of course.

So having a readily accessible online version of Michael's writings would probably be welcomed with open arms by Michael O'Dell, since the font of the PDF version can easily be increased to a bigger size by the reader.

Edited by David Von Pein

58 minutes ago, Stu Wexler said:

I do not have Ayton's contact info. Could you approach him? Perhaps you can reach out to both for expediency?

Well, Stu, as it turns out, we don't need to contact anybody on this matter, because after doing a bit of searching myself online, I found that the link you said was broken was very likely this old McAdams link --- http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/odell --- which merely needs to be revised to the "new" 2021 working link with this address:

http://jfk-assassination.net/odell

And, Voila! -- There's Michael O'Dell's full acoustical study (which was obviously approved by Michael before John McAdams ever put it on his website many years ago). I saw one reference to that webpage which said it had been accessed in February of 2013. So it's been online now for at least 10+ years.

Edited by David Von Pein

18 minutes ago, Cory Santos said:

David could you post phone calls between JFK and Marilyn Monroe?

How can I post something that doesn't exist, Cory?

Are those on your hard drive (people still use those)?

Huh? (WTF?) You think "hard drives" are obsolete in 2023??

~big shrug~

Do you share those or keep them private?

Why are you continuing this fantasy?

Edited by David Von Pein

1 hour ago, Stu Wexler said:

But is that the W&A re-analysis?  Or just acoustics in general?

Well, I just checked, and you're right, it's not the same thing that's in my book at all. It's almost entirely different.

Sorry. I wasn't attempting to fool anybody with that McAdams link. Based on the first few words that appear in the McAdams version, I thought it was the same material that's in the BRD book. But it's not.

Edited by David Von Pein

I do not have Ayton's contact info.

https://www.facebook.com/mel.ayton.1

Could you approach him? Perhaps you can reach out to both for expediency?

Or .... how about this solution? .... just buy THIS BOOK. (Only 19 bucks.) 😁

And you'll also want to purchase this item as well (in order to read O'Dell's appendix).

Edited by David Von Pein