The Education Forum

RFK shooting - bullet hole in door frame?

Actually the bullet cleanly penetrated the soft wood and embedded itself leaving only a small hole. In order to get the bullet out LAPD officers on the scene brought in a hotel maintenance man who literally dug out the bullets leaving the larger, gaping hole in the photo.  Both the police officers and the maintenance man described that to a researcher but after calls were made to superiors the police officers involved refused to comment further on confirm their earlier story in writing. I'm pretty sure I cover this in my essays and cite the source.  

9 hours ago, Larry Hancock said:

Actually the bullet cleanly penetrated the soft wood and embedded itself leaving only a small hole. In order to get the bullet out LAPD officers on the scene brought in a hotel maintenance man who literally dug out the bullets leaving the larger, gaping hole in the photo.  Both the police officers and the maintenance man described that to a researcher but after calls were made to superiors the police officers involved refused to comment further on confirm their earlier story in writing. I'm pretty sure I cover this in my essays and cite the source.  

The bullet sort of became a hollow cylinder and made a perfect round impression in the wood? The wood looks mostly untouched in the middle.

Micah, the proof of it being a bullet hole is the cop standing there pointing at it.  Questions were asked, the shooting was investigated, and holes were found.  I know the police are not always right but do you really think they'd just assume, "Oh, look...here's a hole.  Maybe a bullet hit here?  Or not?"

The same is true very early in the JFK murder.  Things were seen, witnessed and so on until it was all swept under the rug by the official story.

15 minutes ago, Michael Walton said:

Micah, the proof of it being a bullet hole is the cop standing there pointing at it.  Questions were asked, the shooting was investigated, and holes were found.  I know the police are not always right but do you really think they'd just assume, "Oh, look...here's a hole.  Maybe a bullet hit here?  Or not?"

The same is true very early in the JFK murder.  Things were seen, witnessed and so on until it was all swept under the rug by the official story.

I'm just wondering why the bullet hole looks like that.

Also, looking at the RFK inquest exhibits with all of the police photos, I'm wondering a few more things http://www.maryferrell.org/photos.html?set=RFK-GRANDJURY

1. In the pictures of two bullet holes circled in the wall, why are there other spots which look like smaller holes?

2. There is one picture that appears to be just a door hinge with a bit of paint scraped off. Why were they taking a picture of this?

Now that I'm just starting to get interested in the RFK shooting, I want to be sure that the investigators weren't just taking pictures of random spots what may or may not be bullet holes/ricochets. I know from witness statements there were at least one or two bullets recovered from these holes, but I want to know what value these photos hold.

Edited by Micah Mileto

Micah, the best advice I could give would be to start with number 4 in my series of essays on this which discuss the issues of evidence you are interested in:

https://www.maryferrell.org/pages/Essay_-_Incomplete_Justice_-_No_there_were_no_other_guns.html

It will refer you to several additional sources for study on the specifics of the bullet holes and physical evidence but specifically I would suggest you get and dig though the two books by Phillip Melanson who did some exceptional independent research on specifically that area, far better than anything the LAPD or the FBI did (or would admit to).

Those sources should at least get you going in the right direction.

On 12/9/2016 at 8:38 PM, Larry Hancock said:

Micah, the best advice I could give would be to start with number 4 in my series of essays on this which discuss the issues of evidence you are interested in:

https://www.maryferrell.org/pages/Essay_-_Incomplete_Justice_-_No_there_were_no_other_guns.html

It will refer you to several additional sources for study on the specifics of the bullet holes and physical evidence but specifically I would suggest you get and dig though the two books by Phillip Melanson who did some exceptional independent research on specifically that area, far better than anything the LAPD or the FBI did (or would admit to).

Those sources should at least get you going in the right direction.

Your article was good, but I'm still wondering why the alleged bullet hole looks like that.

• 2 months later...