The Education Forum

The Handwritten Letter Compared With The Typed One, Et Cetera

Just now, Michael Clark said:

I would ask if you had read Castro's testimony.

It's pretty clear that, in Castro's interview, he states that anyone coming into the Cuban Consulate with an attitude like Oswald's would have been denied any type of visa. He goes on to say that if anyone had been in the Consulate claiming to want to kill Kennedy that the Cuban's would have considered this a provocation. He also states that anything that Azcue stated can be taken at face value, that the man always spoke the truth.

If Oswald wanted to go to Cuba so badly and he was turned down and so disappointed, why didn't he simply Hijack an airliner? (see Marina's HSCA testimony)

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, Michael Clark said:

Tommy, If you were one to answer questions, I would ask if you had read Castro's testimony.

Dear Michael,

Maybe.  Maybe not.

(I gotta check with my controller on that one.)

--  Tommy :sun  

6 minutes ago, Chris Newton said:

It's pretty clear that, in Castro's interview, he states that anyone coming into the Cuban Consulate with an attitude like Oswald's would have been denied any type of visa. He goes on to say that if anyone had been in the Consulate claiming to want to kill Kennedy that the Cuban's would have considered this a provocation. He also states that anything that Azcue stated can be taken at face value, that the man always spoke the truth.

If Oswald wanted to go to Cuba so badly and he was turned down and so disappointed, why didn't he simply Hijack an airliner? (see Marina's HSCA testimony)

Chris, I understood, from Castro's testimony, that no America would get such a visa on a walk-in basis. I understand that a known asset might be an exception, but the MC LHO's bad atitude was really not the point.

5 minutes ago, Thomas Graves said:

Dear Michael,

Maybe.  Maybe not.

(I gotta check with my controller on that one.)

I'm glad that I didn't ask. I'm sensitive and paranoid, in my NY way, about things like that. ;)

19 minutes ago, Michael Clark said:

Acknowledged, I'll just read and maybe I'll get my head around it.

Dear Michael,

Yes, more reading and less posting might be a good idea for, you know, 15 minutes or so.

(FWIW, Taking a look at the ten most recent threads, you are the most recent poster on about 1/4 of them.)

LOL

On 5/6/2017 at 2:55 PM, Chris Newton said:

It's pretty clear that, in Castro's interview, he states that anyone coming into the Cuban Consulate with an attitude like Oswald's would have beeCn denied any type of visa. He goes on to say that if anyone had been in the Consulate claiming to want to kill Kennedy that the Cuban's would have considered this a provocation. He also states that anything that Azcue stated can be taken at face value, that the man always spoke the truth.

Chris,

It's unlikely that Oswald wanted to get into Cuba to help the Communist Revolution there.  If he had intended this, he would have gone through proper channels.   Fidel Castro didn't want Oswald in Cuba.  

Fidel believed Azcue, who claimed that Oswald was making a scene, and "was no friend of the Revolution."

The best clue is obvious, IMHO, namely, the Fake FPCC resumé that Oswald took to Mexico City (per the Lopez Report).  It came from 544 Camp Street.  That's the motive for Oswald to get into Cuba -- Guy Banister's goals and promises.

Oswald's resumé is FAKE.  It was not a legitimate way to get into Cuba.  Duran knew it.  Azcue knew it.  The consuls at the Soviet Embassy knew it.  (Nechiporenko said that he and Kostikov agreed, in their non-medical opinion, that Oswald was 'psychotic.')

So, Oswald wanted to get into Cuba because of something that Guy Banister was plotting and promising.   

By the way, that story of Oswald planning to hijack an airplane to get to Cuba was told by Marina Oswald -- but also by Ron Lewis, a pal of Oswald's in New Orleans (says Ron Lewis).  

Oswald tried to convince Ron Lewis to hijack an airplane with him.   Ron told Oswald that it was a stupid idea -- but if Oswald that desperate, then he should steal a small, personal plane in Miami, because Cuba is only 90 miles away from Florida.

Oswald replied, "It is?"

Regards,
--Paul Trejo

Edited by Paul Trejo

By the way, I believe I can guess what Guy Banister told Lee Harvey Oswald that made Oswald try so hard to get into Cuba in late September, 1963.

I believe that Guy Banister (joined by David Ferrie, Clay Shaw, Fred Crisman, and half of the gang in New Orleans) told Lee Harvey Oswald that he would give him $100,000 in cash (which is equal to $1 million today) if he would fake his way into Cuba, and join a hit squad in Cuba, and help them kill Fidel Castro.

I believe that Oswald would do anything to get into Cuba at that point -- he had no job, and his wife was eight months pregnant with their second child.  Oswald was desperate.

We also have Richard Case Nagell who makes an appearance at this point (says Dick Russell, TMWKTM (1992)) and threatens Oswald to his face: "I will kill you dead if you successfully obtain a Visa into Cuba."

This may be why Oswald thought of alternate ways of getting into Cuba -- for example, hijacking an airplane -- or other getting Silvia Odio to get somebody in JURE in Havana to vouch for him.

But at the end, however, Oswald decided to follow Guy Banister's carefully thought out plan. "This Fake FPCC resume will fool any ignorant consul agent in Mexico -- so don't worry, it's guaranteed to work."

:"Fake it, Man!  Like you did in the USSR Embassy in 1959; just lie and cheat and you'll get in!"

Yet, I believe that Guy Banister knew exactly what Eusebio Azcue and Sylvia Duran knew -- Lee Harvey Oswald could never get into Cuba with these paltry credentials.

Guy Banister was most likely laughing at Oswald from New Orleans -- on the phone to General Walker.  Their MAIN goal was to FRAME Oswald as a KGB traitor.   They did an almost perfect job.

Regards,
--Paul Trejo

Edited by Paul Trejo

just putting this here for reference...

From the frontispiece of the book "Farewell" a reference to another Russian named Kostin with an "in" at the KGB:

“Farewell: The Greatest Spy Story of the Twentieth Century by Sergei Kostin and Eric Raynaud is the English translation of their book Adieu Farewell, published in 2009 by Éditions Robert Laffont in Paris. The first version of this book, by Sergei Kostin, was published in 1997 by Éditions Robert Laffont in Paris as Bonjour Farewell.”

Excerpt From: Kostin, Sergei. “Farewell.”

• 5 weeks later...

Just adding this link for reference.

...concerning the supposition by the intelligence services that "Kostin" is a typo for "Kostikov"...

"Comrade Kostin" from Penza, Russia, is currently the #1 ranked European Ice Hockey amateur player eligible for the 2017 NHL Draft.

https://www.nhl.com/flyers/news/draft-411-prospects-nolan-patrick-and-klim-kostin--philadelphia-flyers/c-289783604