The Education Forum

HIJACKED TOPIC - Maybe Shelley & Lovelady didn't lie after all.

11 minutes ago, Sandy Larsen said:

Okay, sorry.

(Though I don't know what politeness and grammar have to do with what I said. Or what you said.)

11 minutes ago, Sandy Larsen said:

Okay, sorry.

(Though I don't know what politeness and grammar have to do with what I said. Or what you said.)

"Me and my uncle, went riding down, south Colorado, west Texas bound ..."  sounds much better, poetically-speaking, than "My uncle and I went riding down...", but which is correct, grammatically?

Aww, never mind.

Carry on.

Edited by Thomas Graves

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Thomas Graves said:

"Me and my uncle, went riding down.  South Colorado, north Texas bound ..."  sounds much better, poetically-speaking, thn "My uncle and I went riding down...", BUT.

Aww, never mind.

Well, if the Grateful Dead want to say it that way, who am I to correct them? They know what they're doing. (Besides, I'm a follower of descriptive grammar, not prescriptive.)

On 3/9/2017 at 2:35 AM, Sandy Larsen said:

Well, if the Grateful Dead want to say it that way, who am I to correct them? They know what they're doing. (Besides, I'm a follower of descriptive grammar, not prescriptive.)

Great. 

You da man.

So, how do you like my response-in-progress to William Miller so far on the other thread?  (Your TSBD Headscarves Thread)

--  Tommy :sun

Edited by Thomas Graves

• 1 year later...
On 2/18/2017 at 4:36 PM, Thomas Graves said:

What about the possibility that Shelley went for a widdle stroll all by him widdle self, while Lovelady stayed on the steps and was caught in Couch-Darnell as he was semi-crouching (and talking or listening to someone else there? edit: Gloria "Big Girl" Calvery!), and then slowly rising to his "full height" (lol), right below Prayer Person's right elbow?

Why did Shelley and Lovelady have to stay together, wherever that might have been?  Because they later said that they had?  

--  Tommy :sun

edited and bumped

--  TG