The Education Forum

2016 Election, Historical Amnesia, and Deep Politics

A nice analysis of how in the 2016 presidential campaign, the Democrats were defeated because they lost their reason for being, which  had been defined in the sixties.  If they don't get back to it, Trump's faux populism is going to endanger them.  

https://kennedysandking.com/articles/the-2016-election-historical-amnesia-and-deep-politics

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BTW, let me add, what Alex says about what a controlled operation the Philly convention was, if anything, is understated.  

With very few exceptions, HRC and Podesta and Mook, somehow managed to keep all the disturbances and all the short changing of the Sanders forces off screen, for instance, robbing Sanders of one of his chosen speakers.  It was a masterful piece of stage directing for the masses.

It's really sad that no one else has commented on this outstanding, incisive article posted on Kennedys and King.  While others on this forum are haggling over blurred pixels and whether Mary Moorman was really in Dealey during the murder (Mary Moorman? We're now even debating if a witness who was interviewed and photographed numerous times was even there), the article is a real eye-opener about how f##cked up this country really truly is and the old adage - "The more things change, the more they stay the same" - has never been truer.

I do have one question - why is it that when Kennedy wanted to reach out to Russia and Cuba he was basically pilloried, while crooked ba##ard Dick Nixon goes over to Russia and China in the 70's and he's hailed as an esteemed statesman? This from a guy who disrupted peace talks for Vietnam in '68 and who used one of the most outrageous foreign policies in US history (the "madman theory")?

Very smart article. I could share it on FB but few if any would read it - too long. Most of my well meaning liberal friends are actually quite ignorant on the subject of the Deep State. 

Paul, you are underestimating the appeal of the article.

It is actually doing fairly well on FB with a lot of likes and dozens of people sharing it.  So please go ahead and do the same.

Generally speaking, people outside of these forums and not into all the details, respond to these kinds of articles since the try and capture the Big Picture of just what happened in 1963.  But beyond that, Alex was trying to show that what happened back then is still reverberating into today.  And the more I read his article, and I have read it several times, he really hammered home just how far the Democratic party has fallen.  And how that left a very wide alley for a man like Trump to run through. And what makes it even more startling is that Trump's negatives were as bad or worse than HRC's. 

He and his advisors were smart enough to understand that you had to fight against the creeping threat of globalism and the rotting out of the middle class, and you could also leapfrog the MSM in doing so. HRC and the MSM did not understand that.  But in the article there is an embedded clip with Michael Moore actually predicting this is just what would happen.  One of the great things about the piece is the attachments: very enlightening.  So pass it around.  Alex Sill hit a double for our side. It makes what we are doing relevant to the general public.

Edited by James DiEugenio

I've been trying to get people to understand that what happened in 1963 is still very relevant today. The only thing I didn't like, in regards to the article, was not going into any detail about RFK, MLK, and Malcolm X, but just listing them as deep politic assassinations. Having said that, I doubt I'd do any better. 

Edited by Jeffrey Reilley

Any damage done to the party was done by the Clintons. They and their DLC mob are the ones who sold out the American working class to Wall Street for short-term, personal political gain. And their people still lead the party.

7 hours ago, Jeffrey Reilley said:

I've been trying to get people to understand that what happened in 1963 is still very relevant today. The only thing I didn't like, in regards to the article, was not going into any detail about RFK, MLK, and Malcolm X, but just listing them as deep politic assassinations.

I would say that today's Democratic leadership is certainly well aware that 1963 is still very relevant. Senator Chuck Schumer has all but publicly stated that Trump is risking assassination by taking on the intelligence community.

To quote Schumer exactly, "Let me tell you, you take on the intelligence community, they have six ways from Sunday at getting back at you. So even for a practical, supposedly hard-nosed businessman, he’s being really dumb to do this.”

Of course Schumer could have in mind something as non-lethal as a Watergate-type setup. But "six ways from Sunday" pretty well covers the gamut. It's not often that you hear something like this straight from Capitol Hill, before a new president has even taken office. But one thing seems clear. No one has to tell Schumer what the Deep State is. 

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/312605-schumer-trump-being-really-dumb-by-going-after-intelligence-community

Six ways to Sunday?  Pretty clever by Chuck.

Andrew, I agree that the Clintons did do a lot of damage along with the DLC.  But now that HRC lost for a second time, I think that will be it.  And the DLC has ceased to exist as a formal organization, Al From and the rest of those jerks.  But let us not let Carter and Obama off the hook.

Jeff: thanks, I agree few people could have done a better job at showing the Big Picture of what has rotted out the Democrats and left us with mouths agape at Trump's win.   And as I said, please read the attachments.  The one for example about the Clintons and Kissinger is almost shocking.  They annually Xmas vacationed together for years! WTF did they talk about?  How many innocent civilians Kissinger and Nixon eliminated in Cambodia and Chile?  And let us not forget the Blood Telegram and Bangladesh in another reversal of JFK's policy to favor India in that dispute.  Or Argentina and the dirty war Kissinger OK'd.

Just remember, JFK vetoed bombing the missile sites because of collateral damage.

14 minutes ago, James DiEugenio said:

Andrew, I agree that the Clintons did do a lot of damage along with the DLC.  But now that HRC lost for a second time, I think that will be it.  And the LDC has ceased to exist as a formal organization, Al From and the rest of those jerks.  But let us not let Carter and Obama off the hook.

Jeff: thanks, I agree few people could have done a better job at showing the Big Picture of what has rotted out the Democrats and left us with mouths agape at Trump's win.   And as I said, please read the attachments.  The one for example about the Clintons and Kissinger is almost shocking.  The annually Xmas vacationed together for years! WTF did they talk about how many innocent civilians Kissinger and Nixon eliminated in Cambodia and Chile?  And let us not forget the Blood Telegram and Bangladesh in another reversal of JFK's policy to favor India in that dispute.  Or Argentina and the dirty war Kissinger OK'd.

Just remember, JFK vetoed bombing thee missile sites because of collateral damage.

Shouldn't this thread be moved to another part of the Education Forum?

I mean I mean I mean I mean

--  Tommy :sun

I think this has a lot to do with the JFK assassination, actually. It may not be perfectly aligned with other threads, but I believe the best way to know what is going on now, in regards to who exactly is in control of this country and how they may use their power, is to look into the past.

The article does a great job of describing the parallels between what we've(United States) done in recent years and what we did in the 50's, 60's, and 70's. 

I actually believe that if Bernie Sanders had gotten the ticket, he would not be alive today. It didn't matter who won between Hillary and Don, they are puppets tied to same hand.

Sadly, I am slowly starting to believe that we(United States) have been the "bad guys" for about 70 years.

Thanks Jeff.  And yes it is directly related to the JFK assassination.  It concerns the reforms Kennedy was trying to make with his policies and how some of those reversed the Dulles/Eisenhower regime.

JFK's reforms were then contravened after his assassination.  And they were eventually all but buried.

The fact that the Democratic Party went along with the cover up of his assassination, is part and parcel of how those policies were reversed and how the party ended up where its at. With HRC losing to Trump being the end game.  

Everyone talks about making the JFK case relevant to today.  Well, Alex just did that.   Bullet trajectories, and autopsy protocols, and timing experiments, and personal associations, that is all fine and dandy.  But why consistently ignore the macro structure of what has happened to this country as a result of 1963? To me it leads to the questions that should concern all of us: Why was Kennedy killed, and what were the results? The WC ignored that in all of its ramifications.

So what do you really mean Tommy, you don't want to talk about the Big Picture?

Let me add, apparently a lot of other people do.  Alex Sill's essay is, far and away, the highest rated article at Kennedysandking.com.  In fact, if the metrics hold, it will help us break an all-time record in traffic this month. That's what I call getting the word out.

12 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

Andrew, I agree that the Clintons did do a lot of damage along with the DLC.  But now that HRC lost for a second time, I think that will be it.  And the LDC has ceased to exist as a formal organization, Al From and the rest of those jerks.  But let us not let Carter and Obama off the hook.

Jeff: thanks, I agree few people could have done a better job at showing the Big Picture of what has rotted out the Democrats and left us with mouths agape at Trump's win.   And as I said, please read the attachments.  The one for example about the Clintons and Kissinger is almost shocking.  The annually Xmas vacationed together for years! WTF did they talk about how many innocent civilians Kissinger and Nixon eliminated in Cambodia and Chile?  And let us not forget the Blood Telegram and Bangladesh in another reversal of JFK's policy to favor India in that dispute.  Or Argentina and the dirty war Kissinger OK'd.

Just remember, JFK vetoed bombing thee missile sites because of collateral damage.

Shouldn't this thread be moved to another part of the Education Forum?

I mean I mean I mean I mean

Edited by Thomas Graves

So what do you really mean Tommy, you don't want to talk about the Big Picture?

Let me add, apparently a lot of other people do.  Alex Sill's essay is, far and away, the highest rated article at Kennedysandking.com.  In fact, if the metrics hold, it will help us break an all-time record in traffic this month. That's what I call getting the word out.

(Tommy never answered the question. Meanwhile there is a thread about Watergate in the JFK category.  No comment by Tommy.  Hmm)

Gee, Jim.

I thought that was what Harvey and Lee was all about.  You know, so we can (at least subconsciously) blame our mommies and daddies and all the authority figures in our lives and the whole freaking CIA.

Question:  Did you think Hillary Clinton was an equally evil choice as Donald Trump?

PS  Another question:  Do you think Trump is correct in saying that his and  Assange's mutual buddy, Vladimir Putin, didn't hack the DNC and Podesta?

PPS  When I want to get "the big picture," I just watch Alex Jones crying on youtube while following Rania Khalek on Twitter.

Edited by Thomas Graves