The Education Forum

Johnny Roselli and Howard Hunt?

I was reading Flawed Patriot and in it is a statement (below) about a trip Roselli made to the Dominican Republic with Howard Hunt.  I'd never heard this before and wasn't aware that Hunt worked directly with Roselli.  The book doesn't cite the source of this information.  Can anyone confirm this or know the original source? 

“In March 1961, well before [Bill] Harvey was involved in Caribbean matters, [Johnny] Roselli went to the Dominican Republic, accompanied by Howard Hunt of the CIA. Rafael Trujillo, the Republic’s dictator, was ambushed and killed on May 30, 1961, but the CIA was cleared of involvement in the assassination.”

• 5 months later...

I've seen nothing that would confirm that...and much to suggest otherwise, especially since in March 1961 both men would have been  deeply involved with matters pertaining to the pending Cuba project which came to fruition with the landings in April.   Given that it was Roselli who had helped put the logistics in place to poison Castro before the landings and since it was Hunt's last minute operational stupidity that broke the delivery chain for the poison you would suspect the two men were not coordinating their activities...much less traveling together.  

2 minutes ago, Larry Hancock said:

I've seen nothing that would confirm that...and much to suggest otherwise, especially since in March 1961 both men would have been  deeply involved with matters pertaining to the pending Cuba project which came to fruition with the landings in April.   Given that it was Roselli who had helped put the logistics in place to poison Castro before the landings and since it was Hunt's last minute operational stupidity that broke the delivery chain for the poison you would suspect the two men were not coordinating their activities...much less traveling together.  

Thanks Larry.

I agree.  That is one month before the Bay of Pigs.