The Education Forum

BOR and Greg Poulgrain

Of late, Len Osanic's Black Op Radio has been scaling new heights.  He had on a two part interview with Doug Valentine about his important new book, The CIA as Organized Crime.  Before that he featured interviews with Bill Pepper on the MLK holiday and Grover Proctor on the crucial Raleigh call.  

Soon he will have on Dan Hardway on the audio version of the Lopez Report, and John Newman on his revised version of JFK and Vietnam, and his new volume, Countdown to Darkness.

But this week, that is tomorrow night, Australian scholar Greg Poulgrain will be on.  Greg wrote a very good book on JFK, Sukarno and Indonesia, The Incubus of Intervention. But tomorrow night he talks about his visit to Jakarta when Suharto fell.  I was in on the call to Brisbane, and since this subject greatly interested me, i was taken aback by what Greg found out at that time. See, unlike the CIA coups in Iran and Guatemala, no one had ever been able to piece together how Sukarno had been specifically  overthrown.  But Greg talked to one of the so called conspirators who was released from prison when Suharto fell.  To say his information was important underplays it.  Before, we had all been walking around in the dark.  No more.  Greg fit in the last key piece of the jigsaw puzzle. 

Why is this so important? For two reasons.  First, the overthrow of Sukarno completely reversed JFK's policy in Indonesia, period. Indonesia would now go back to imperial subjugation, especially by the American company Freeport Sulphur.  Second, when you hear the interview, you will see that the estimates in the Western press about how many people perished in the coup are vastly understated.  By a factor of at least 100 per cent.  Its by far and away the bloodiest CIA coup in history.  And the Agency had been very tight lipped about it since it was considered their masterpiece of covert action.  And David Phillips had reportedly been in Jakarta prior to the September 30, 1955 coup.

In you ask me, Len's show should be on satellite, its that good.

Edited by James DiEugenio

BlackOp Radio is the premier assassination-related podcast, bar none,  The rest is hype, sniggering sensationalism, and disinfo.  Len's choice of subjects is superior and his interviewing most judicious. 

The show, for my interests, could use more 9/11 topics - once a part of its purview - but I can understand Len's preference for abstention.  Looking forward to Greg Poulgrain.

Edited by David Andrews

I agree David.  Its amazing how Len finds the time to do such good work and secure such good guests.

I mean the guy is married with a full time job.

Anyway, listen to that interview tonight.  The truth after over fifty years.

9 hours ago, David Andrews said:

BlackOp Radio is the premier assassination-related podcast, bar none,  The rest is hype, sniggering sensationalism, and disinfo.  Len's choice of subjects is superior and his interviewing most judicious. 

The show, for my interests, could use more 9/11 topics - once a part of its purview - but I can understand Len's preference for abstention.  Looking forward to Greg Poulgrain.

I cannot agree with that, the LoneGunmanPodcast has had some excellent shows over the past few years. To throw that show on that heap would do it a great disservice.

Edited by Bart Kamp

From what I have heard, that  is supposed to be a very good film Pat.

Did you see it?  I haven't had the chance yet.

Bart, I was no knocking anyone.  I was just saying that Len's show has really gone beyond itself of late. I don't think anyone can deny that.