The Education Forum

did such a person exist and if so who was it

Martin Blank

My theory is fluid. I have much reading to do. Answering this question, right here, right now, I would say...

LBJ, with his knack for getting a lot of dirty hands, including his own, to dismember a body, flush the fluids from the tub, and crush the bones to be spread out-back.

It helps that JEH lived across the street.

*** edit - it could not have been done without him.

Edited by Michael Clark

Zapruper's film was critical to managing the information, after the fact. Abe Zapruder's story about being encouraged to go get his camera is a lie. Follow the film through the upper Midwest on its way to D.C.

Edited by Michael Clark

Just winging it here but, how about this:

• The assassination cover-up had been worked out before hand. 

• The assassination didn’t go as planned.  There were front and back wounds.  The cover-up plan had to be adjusted by the on-site assassination planners.  These were people like Edward R. Landsdale and Lucien Conein, and/or others of their sort disguised as Secret Service agents in the Sherriff’s Office.

• The cover-up begins with the people at the Sheriff’s Office knowing what to do first in managing witnesses and testimony.

• Word goes up of a general story within an hour or so to higher ups at the CIA, FBI, and the Secret Service.  Lee Harvey Oswald has been arrested and the patsy set.

• Word is passed to agents in the field, FBI and Secret Service, to begin managing witnesses and testimony within hours of the assassination.

• Word of what is needed in the cover-up is passed to the Joint Chiefs of Staff to manage military medical personnel at the autopsy at Bethsheda before the body arrives there.

• The Real Zapruder film or films similar to it are shown to the directors of the FBI, CIA, and Secret Service to adapt the story.  Briefing boards are prepared to finalize the story.

• From November, 1963 to March 1964 Warren Commission personnel are selected and briefed on what to do.

• The only people who could control and manage this cover-u p are the initial boys. JEH and LBJ.

Edited by John Butler

LBJ would be about the last person I would nominate for what Martin is talking about.

There is simply no evidence that he micromanaged the Warren Commission hearings at all.

I mean it was not even his idea to have a WCR.

Martin

The fact that the Zapruder film was altered means someone knew the particulars of the plot to kill Kennedy.They/he/she knew how many shots were fired and how many shooters fired on the president in Dealey Plaza. If only a lone nut knew exactly what happened in Dealey Plaza then the film would not have been altered simply because, among other reasons, no one knew what needed to be changed. And there is not need to change the film if a lone nut did the shooting.

There is only one individual on the Warren Commission panel of seven distinguished men who was in a position to effect change to not only the Zap film but eye and ear witness testimony, other films, photos, in fact all evidence. There is only one individual on the panel who had a motive to kill the president. There is only one individual who controlled the expertise and the resources to change the Zap film. There is only one individual who knew the intimate details of the plot to kill Kennedy to effect change of the Zap film. And that individual is Allen Dulles. 

On 2/11/2017 at 4:21 PM, Michael Clark said:

My theory is fluid. I have much reading to do. Answering this question, right here, right now, I would say...

LBJ, with his knack for getting a lot of dirty hands, including his own, to dismember a body, flush the fluids from the tub, and crush the bones to be spread out-back.

It helps that JEH lived across the street.

*** edit - it could not have been done without him.

On 2/11/2017 at 9:37 PM, Martin Blank said:

not about managing the cover-up per se but about controlling the contents of the report. could either lbj or hoover serve as writer-editor for a job like this?

I agree with and like Michael's thoughts on LBJ, but I think what Martin states about serving as writer-editor and the contents of the report, in a daily, hands-on role, I would think Allen Dulles.