The Education Forum

TWO MARGUERITE OSWALDS -- NEW DETAILS

Jim Hargrove

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just don't buy this, Jim.  She's short, she's tall, she's stocky, she's thin, she smiles, she doesn't, her eyebrows are arched, then they're not. It's just way too far fetched for me.  I think, too you give the government way too much credit to think that they had things like this going on.  That's not to say they did not have look a likes to basically mislead people.

But to have a legend within a legend for Oswald - even down to his mother - it just seems way too implausible. Oswald was already a low-level agent the way they sent him over to Russia and let him come right back in with nary a peep from the government. Then they steered him around here and there until they found another role for him to play as patsy.  But I think it' ridiculous for you to think they'd go all the way back to the early 50's to even create a legend for his mother too.

56 minutes ago, Jim Hargrove said:

I just put up on HarveyandLee.net John Armstrong's new write-up on the Two Marguerites.  Read the details here....

http://harveyandlee.net/Moms/Moms.html

--Jim

Good write-up Jim, none of it is true of course, but artfully done anyway. A couple questions:

Where did the photo from 126 Exchange St. come from?

What happened to the "real" Marguerite? At least we have a firm date on the switch now.

Also you guys are still using the 6 foot height for Ekdahl even though I have shown he was 5' 11" at best and probably closer to 5' 10". A lot of material to work with but I am busy on another project right now so I'll just leave a link to my series for those interested:

http://wtracyparnell.blogspot.com/2017/01/the-two-marguerites-part-1.html

Jim,

Another problem I see is that you are now contradicting what you said as recently as January 28 in this thread where you claimed these were two Marguerites. Now you are saying they are the "real" Marguerite who never wore glasses. What gives?

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?/topic/23336-jim-hargrove-are-these-photos-of-the-the-tall-attractive-marguerite-oswald-or-the-short-dumpy-marguerite-imposter/&page=7

51 minutes ago, W. Tracy Parnell said:

Jim,

Another problem I see is that you are now contradicting what you said as recently as January 28 in this thread where you claimed these were two Marguerites. Now you are saying they are the "real" Marguerite who never wore glasses. What gives?

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?/topic/23336-jim-hargrove-are-these-photos-of-the-the-tall-attractive-marguerite-oswald-or-the-short-dumpy-marguerite-imposter/&page=7

Yes, I was wrong about Ralph Cinque's analysis.  Sandy Larsen's comments were spot on.  I think all the pictures are of the same woman: the real Marguerite Oswald. 

4 hours ago, Micah Mileto said:

So the lady who said "I think he (Lee Harvey Oswald) was a government agent." was herself a government plant and not the actual mother of Lee Harvey Oswald?

Yes, and the reason she said her "son" was a government agent was probably to play the role of a spy catcher.  People in American Intel circles who knew or suspected LHO was a low-level spy would hear her words and quite possibly try to contact her.  She could then identify these helpful contacts to her handlers so they could be silenced in one way or another.  At any rate, her testimony would provide a reason to people who knew about the Oswald project to come forward and be identified.

JIM - Yes, and the reason she said her "son" was a government agent was probably to play the role of a spy catcher.  People in American Intel circles who knew or suspected LHO was a low-level spy would hear her words and quite possibly try to contact her.  She could then identify these helpful contacts to her handlers so they could be silenced in one way or another.  At any rate, her testimony would provide a reason to people who knew about the Oswald project to come forward and be identified.

Whew, I don't know about that, Jim.  All of these people were blue-collar middle class folks. As a Marine, Oswald somehow scored high in perhaps intelligence so they trained him to speak Russian, they sent him over there - supposedly to flush out a mole there - and then he comes back. He remained low-level, then in '63, you see him groomed for 11/22 - he declares himself a Marxist, hands out leaflets in NO, gets into a fight and then is interviewed on TV (a perfect way to show he's a scary "Communist" five months later), he's steered into his job at the book building, and you now have your perfect fall guy, beautifully laid.

But all of this "his mom was part of it" is just too far-fetched and implausible.

Peter Dale Scott, in Dallas '63, points out that Marguerite was the apparent source for many false bits of info that ended up in various intelligence files. He found so many instances of her false statements, such as duplicate letters she wrote to various politicians, ostensibly to find out what was going on with Lee when he first went to the Soviet Union, that were not duplicates at all, that he suspects she might have been performing an intelligence function related to the 'barium meals' in Lee's files.

i don't agree that there was more than one Marguerite Oswald, but efforts on her part to obscure addresses, physical characteristics of herself as well as Lee, might have been part of a yet to be discovered deep cover. How are we supposed to understand her physical description of Lee being 5'10" and 165 lbs? 

1 hour ago, Paul Brancato said:

eter Dale Scott, in Dallas '63, points out that Marguerite was the apparent source for many false bits of info that ended up in various intelligence files. He found so many instances of her false statements, such as duplicate letters she wrote to various politicians, ostensibly to find out what was going on with Lee when he first went to the Soviet Union, that were not duplicates at all, that he suspects she might have been performing an intelligence function related to the 'barium meals' in Lee's files.

i don't agree that there was more than one Marguerite Oswald, but efforts on her part to obscure addresses, physical characteristics of herself as well as Lee, might have been part of a yet to be discovered deep cover. How are we supposed to understand her physical description of Lee being 5'10" and 165 lbs? 

That's what, an inch and maybe 20 pounds at most? Not hard for me to understand anyway. My wife can't estimate anybody's height or weight.

Edited by W. Tracy Parnell

19 hours ago, W. Tracy Parnell said:

Also you guys are still using the 6 foot height for Ekdahl even though I have shown he was 5' 11" at best and probably closer to 5' 10"

At 10 inches tall, Ekdahl's noggin is huge. I'm 6' 2" tall and my head is quite big (I wear XL/XXL hats). Even so, by comparison my head is only 9 inches tall.

Given the size of Ekdahl's head, I think his recorded 5' 11" height is much more likely to be underestimated than overestimated.

Edited by Sandy Larsen

Jim,

Quoting from the article:

HARVEY and LEE often attended the same schools, were both in the Marine Corps, and on occasion had the same friends, again at slightly different times.

When Harvey and Lee attended the same school, or had the same friends, how were their names handled? Was one actually in the school records as Harvey Oswald and the other Lee Oswald? And did the friends know one as Harvey and the other as Lee?