The Education Forum

Another look at the back wound.

21 hours ago, Michael Clark said:

Nope. I am on a personal path to conversion to metric. There's just no point in being clueless about Metric measurements. It's not that hard. Unfortunately, to some people it is treasonous. I would be safer around some people handing out FPCC leaflets than talking metric.

LOL @ using Metric being treasonous! I feel badly for any thinking person trapped in Trump's America. I say that with sincerity, and if any of you need a place to stay some day....

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Robert Prudhomme said:

LOL @ using Metric being treasonous! I feel badly for any thinking person trapped in Trump's America. I say that with sincerity, and if any of you need a place to stay some day....

I'd move to BC in a heartbeat...... gold mining, fishing, hunting, killing trees, etc....... trade Jeeps for trucks and I'll just stay out of the way of horses... sign me Up! I just need a network technicians job, and a lake for my boat.

I'd move to BC in a heartbeat...... gold mining, fishing, hunting, killing trees, etc....... trade Jeeps for trucks and I'll just stay out of the way of horses... sign me Up! I just need a network technicians job, and a lake for my boat.

LOL Got a great big lake here about 300 metres from my place called the Pacific Ocean. :)

27 minutes ago, Robert Prudhomme said:

Just to get you started, Michael, here is a link to a company that manufactures a "frangible" hollow point bullet. Contrary to popular belief, frangible bullets are not "fragmenting" bullets. They are made from compressed metal powder and, under duress in a wound, will disintegrate back to powder and make a rather devastating cloud of metal powder that stops immediately and does NOT exit. Sound familiar?

http://www.drtammo.com/DRT-Technology

Ok, thanks for that. I was unaware of that. 

Bob I know  you  like to discuss ballistic  or  the  theory of them. You  might want  to  look  around  on the interwebs and find  actual gunshots hitting skulls  and bodies.

You'd  be amazed to find  that bullets don't  always act like  you'd  think  they do. Bullets hitting  live bodies from distances  and up close.

So yes it's  very possible  that a shot could  have  hit his upper back in that strap type muscle  and just died there, not exiting, and then fell out. We can't  always depend on a guy shooting 50 bullets into gel and then writing  down  the  results.

Micah yes I  think anything is possible  about  if a bullet  fell out into his clothes. 

On 03/03/2017 at 7:05 AM, Michael Walton said:

Bob I know  you  like to discuss ballistic  or  the  theory of them. You  might want  to  look  around  on the interwebs and find  actual gunshots hitting skulls  and bodies.

You'd  be amazed to find  that bullets don't  always act like  you'd  think  they do. Bullets hitting  live bodies from distances  and up close.

So yes it's  very possible  that a shot could  have  hit his upper back in that strap type muscle  and just died there, not exiting, and then fell out. We can't  always depend on a guy shooting 50 bullets into gel and then writing  down  the  results.

Micah yes I  think anything is possible  about  if a bullet  fell out into his clothes. 

Do you know how many deer I've killed over my lifetime? 

Bullets travelling 2200 feet per second simply do not come to a halt after penetrating a mere inch of flesh.

That would be like two cars, each travelling 100 mph, colliding head on and coming to a dead stop after gently bouncing off of each other's bumper.

1 minute ago, Robert Prudhomme said:

Do you know how many deer I've killed over my lifetime? 

Bullets travelling 2200 feet per second simply do not come to a halt after penetrating a mere inch of flesh.

Agreed, and if some technology could be developed to stop a bullet, in md-flight, the bullet would still mash-up upon itself...... ask me how I know....

Cheers,

Michael

Agreed, and if some technology could be developed to stop a bullet, in md-flight, the bullet would still mash-up upon itself...... ask me how I know....

Cheers,

Michael

LOL I'll bite. How do you know?

29 minutes ago, Robert Prudhomme said:

LOL I'll bite. How do you know?

Lol! Thanks for biting. Answer coming soon...

When I was a Cellular Technician in Vermont I did a whole lot of driving in my truck. Once I convinced one of our net-ops guys that having a single Alice In Chains CD spinning, 24X7, on our test-gear-call-line, was unlikely to get our guys to use the test gear with any consistency, he put an awesome CD in the player. I then spent a couple years listening to to Steven Hawkins: A Briefer History of Time, all of my driving time. At some point I was able to quote long passages of that book, verbatim. I'll just say that it beats sleeping in a Holiday Inn Express at making you feel smart.

Cheers,

Michael

Edited by Michael Clark

Nah you don't  have  to  be  a hunter to see this kind of thing. Two guys side by side taking a high powered assault gun to the back of his head. One's  head throws out a piece of rear skull but is intact; the other's head is shredded like Kennedy's was. How do  you  explain  nearly identical set ups? If you  don't  believe  me look for  the  video  I posted on this forum.

I know  we're  talking upper back vs head here but the point is the same. No one knows 100%. 

The magic bullet was round nosed vs pointy and based on what I've  seen anything is possible  for  a  bullet  like that to stop dead. That part of the body is pretty thick with coarse muscles.

Okay, Michael, whatever you say. I've shot more rifles at animals than I can remember but, what do I know? You've watched Youtube videos so now you're an expert.

Just do me a favour and don't share your ballistics "knowledge" with me.

I believe the first shot caused the back wound. It occurred at or about Z-158 based on the blur analysis of Alvarez, Hartmann and Scott. It was loud enough to startle Zapruder.

People in the parade thought the first shot sounded like a firecracker or backfire. The acoustical experts said it only registered 4 echos and therefore based on their criteria it was not a rifle shot.

However I believe it was a rifle shot except that it was attenuated. The assassin used home made ammunition which is difficult to trace back to the assassin. Since the ammo was faulty the bullet did not travel 2200 ft/sec., more than likely much less than 2200 ft/sec.

21 hours ago, George Sawtelle said:

I believe the first shot caused the back wound. It occurred at or about Z-158 based on the blur analysis of Alvarez, Hartmann and Scott. It was loud enough to startle Zapruder.

People in the parade thought the first shot sounded like a firecracker or backfire. The acoustical experts said it only registered 4 echos and therefore based on their criteria it was not a rifle shot.

However I believe it was a rifle shot except that it was attenuated. The assassin used home made ammunition which is difficult to trace back to the assassin. Since the ammo was faulty the bullet did not travel 2200 ft/sec., more than likely much less than 2200 ft/sec.

Okay, how fast would the bullet be travelling, in feet per second, to only penetrate the flesh of the back one inch?

Did the shooter know the round was faulty?

Why would a home made bullet be more difficult to trace back to an assassin than a factory made bullet?

Was the round attenuated (reduced in force) or faulty, or a combination of the two?

Was the rifle zeroed (sighted) in for that particular round?

Edited by Robert Prudhomme