The Education Forum

Was "Full-Figured" Gloria Calvery "Running Woman"?

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't figure out what that dark thing on all white woman is. But she looks REALLY broad. It's like she's wearing a down winter coat.

I don't think she is the real (with capital letters) All White Woman that we see in Zapruder (and possibly in Darnell/Couch).

Edited by Sandy Larsen

8 hours ago, Sandy Larsen said:

I can't figure out what that dark thing on all white woman is. But she looks REALLY broad. It's like she's wearing a down winter coat.

I don't think she is the real (with capital letters) All White Woman that we see in Zapruder (and possibly in Darnell/Couch).

Sandy,

I think the "dark thing on" All White Woman is something that the woman standing behind her is holding in her arms.

--  Tommy :sun

Edited by Thomas Graves

5 hours ago, Thomas Graves said:

Sandy,

I think the "dark thing" on All White Woman is something that the woman behind her is holding in her crossed arms.

Tommy,

I believe that the woman you say is behind all white woman is actually in front of her. And I do believe the dark thing is on all white woman's back.

Don't you think that this all white woman is much beefier than the Zapruder All White Woman?

2 hours ago, Sandy Larsen said:

Tommy,

I believe that the woman you say is behind all white woman is actually in front of her. And I do believe the dark thing is on all white woman's back.

Don't you think that this all white woman is much beefier than the Zapruder All White Woman?

Sandy,

The woman I'm talking about (whom I believe is holding something "dark" in her arms) is standing between A.W.W. and the camera. She has reddish hair and is turned to her left, standing almost in "profile".

Zapruder was shooting from above. That might explain why this All White Woman looks "beefier" in Martin and Hugh 

Edited by Thomas Graves

1 hour ago, Sandy Larsen said:

Tommy,

I think you are right Sandy, what i thought was the red haired womans left arm, is actually the white dress womans right shoulder.

The woman with the red hair appears to be standing in between the white dress woman and Lovelady

Edited by Robin Unger

On 3/7/2017 at 8:57 PM, Robin Unger said:

I think you are right Sandy, what i thought was the red haired womans left arm, is actually the white dress womans right shoulder.

The woman with the red hair appears to be standing in between the white dress woman and Lovelady

That's what I thought at first. Till I noticed that she had no forearm or hand (i.e. the rest of her arm) after that guy moves out of the way.

Funny thing... now that I'm used to thinking of Red Hair Woman's arm as AWW's shoulder, I can no longer see it the other way!

I wonder if Tommy will see how bulky AWW looks once he's able to see all of her... that is, including her right shoulder. As I said, like she's wearing a down coat.

Edited by Sandy Larsen

On 3/6/2017 at 11:21 AM, Bart Kamp said:

That is Lucy "Lupe"  Whittaker [standing in front of the TSBD with her hand covering her mouth in the Dave Weigman film clip]

bumped with added explanation by me

She's in the dead center of this frame from Weigman.  

Wiegman+clear+real.jpg

I've got a sneakin' hunch that the short, dark-complected, headscarf-wearing woman at the far left of this un-cropped version of Altgens 6, below, is one of the gals in the "Gloria Calvery Group Of Five Headscarf-Wearing Women" -- June Dishong

I believe her real name was Inez Juanita Hart Dishong, whom an obituary-type website says died in 1998, at the age of 89, and who had lived in Irving, Texas.  After she died, her daughter told Don Roberdeau that she had worked for Higginbotham-Bailey Company, a wholesale dry goods distributing company situated a few blocks away at 900 Jackson Street. 

unknown_woman_altgens.jpg

Edited by Thomas Graves

On 3/16/2017 at 2:21 PM, Thomas Graves said:

[...]

I've got a sneakin' hunch that the short, dark-complected, headscarf-wearing woman at the far left of this un-cropped version of Altgens 6, below, is one of the gals in the "Gloria Calvery Group Of Five Headscarf-Wearing Women" -- June Dishong

I believe her real name was Inez Juanita Hart Dishong, whom an obituary-type website says died in 1998, at the age of 89, and who had lived in Irving, Texas.  After June Dishong died, her daughter told Don Roberdeau that her mother had worked for Higginbotham-Bailey Company, a wholesale dry goods distributing company situated (within walking distance of Dealy Plaza) at 900 Jackson Street. 

Bumped for Sandy Larsen (and any other intelligent, open-minded members out there).  (lol) 

Edited by Thomas Graves

On 3/16/2017 at 3:21 PM, Thomas Graves said:

I believe her real name was Inez Juanita Hart Dishong, whom an obituary-type website says died in 1998, at the age of 89, and who had lived in Irving, Texas.  After she died, her daughter told Don Roberdeau that she had worked for Higginbotham-Bailey Company, a wholesale dry goods distributing company situated a few blocks away at 900 Jackson Street. 

Well, IMO the woman on the left does look older than 19 or 20 (the typical age of Gloria Calvery's tight-knit group of three, IIRC). I would have guessed thirty something based on the best photo I've seen.

And she does seem to be darker complected. I do believe she is.

So June Dishong (if her name really is Inez Juanita Hart Dishong, or if she really is Hispanic) would be a good fit for the woman in the photo. June Dishong's age at the time, 53, is greater than my guess. But I can see a slender, early fifties woman fitting what we see in the photo.

If the ethnicities of the remaining two scarfed women are white, then odds are high that the woman we see here is June Dishong

• 1 month later...
On 3/2/2017 at 11:12 PM, Thomas Graves said:

Sandy, 

On another thread you asked, in so many words, about how to start looking for Calvery in the photos.

For starters, here's Hugh Betzner #3, which is almost identical to a photo taken by Phil Willis.  You should also take a good look at un-cropped Altgens 6, and the frame-by-frame Z-Film.

In Betzner 3, below, could the tall woman (standing "next to" a guy and visible between the farthest-left SS guys) who's wearing a dark dress and dark headscarf in the photo below be Gloria Calvery?  We know from the Z-Film that this particular woman was tall and "broad in the beam" just like Gloria Calvery appeared to have been in her wedding photo.

XNQpYGp.jpg

z059.jpg

PS --  Page 4 of this thread might be helpful (scroll way down it to get to the good stuff):  http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?/topic/22655-re-post-from-rokc-re-baker-entering-tsbd/&page=4

I just now noticed that in Betzner 3, there's a woman standing pretty near her who's wearing a white blouse and a white headscarf.

Could that woman be the same person who's trying to pull "Woman In Black" up the steps in the Darnell part of the Couch-Darnell clip?

Edited by Thomas Graves

On 4/17/2017 at 10:40 PM, Thomas Graves said:

I just now noticed that in Betzner 3, there's a woman standing pretty near her who's wearing a white blouse and a white headscarf.

Could that woman be the same person who's trying to pull "Woman In Black" up the steps in the Darnell part of the Couch-Darnell clip?

edited a little and bumped