The Education Forum

"Why was everything that might lead to a connection between Oswald and Cuba suppressed from the record before the assassination?"

It's a question Bill Simpich poses at the beginning of Chapter 5: The Mexico City Solution.

https://www.maryferrell.org/pages/State_Secret_Chapter5.html

Excerpts:

"Why did the Mexico City Station create a paper trail that made them look suspicious and incompetent at the same time?" 

"[... T]he September 28th conversation [ostensibly from the Cuban Consulate to the Soviet Embassy, in which phone call both Oswald and Duran were impersonated] was in Spanish, broken Russian, and probably broken English. The September 28th call was probably made by two Spanish speakers, and it wouldn't surprise me if one or both of them were [David Morales Sanchez's] AMOTs from the CIA's Miami station [JM/WAVE]. CIA officer William Sturbitts testified that AMOTs often worked inside the listening posts of audio intercept stations. Whoever made the calls knew that the Mexico City station would be surprised by the call, and that a paper-driven molehunt was the logical response."

"Someone wanted to use the Oswald tapes and the ensuing paper trail to blackmail the leading players in US intelligence after JFK was shot. They wanted a cover-up, and they got one."

"Hosty’s observations about Oswald got clever minds thinking about how to use this redefector."

--  Tommy :sun

Edited by Thomas Graves

7 hours ago, Michael Walton said:

I happen  to  believe  he was not even there. I think  it  was  a  ruse to embellish the  false  legend to make  him look  like  a crazed communist killer.

Michael,

Fine.

Question:  Have you read any of State Secret yet?

How about Oswald and the CIA?

Deep Politics and the Death of JFK?

Edited by Thomas Graves

Tommy and Michael - I've read all three. But I am also pretty sure I read a post on a thread here where Simpich used the word 'agnostic' to describe his position on whether the real LHO was ever in MC. I'm inclined to believe that the reason we don't have any voice or visual of him in MC indicates that he was never there. 

4 hours ago, Paul Brancato said:

Tommy and Michael - I've read all three. But I am also pretty sure I read a post on a thread here where Simpich used the word 'agnostic' to describe his position on whether the real LHO was ever in MC. I'm inclined to believe that the reason we don't have any voice or visual of him in MC indicates that he was never there. 

Paul,

OK.

Whatever "rocks your boat".