The Education Forum

TSBD Women in Scarves - Pre/Post Assassination Matches

Sandy Larsen

The woman standing just to our right of Cowboy Hat Man:  (Other frames show her scarf.)

Wiegman+clear+real.jpg

Is very likely the woman below, relatively near the camera on our left.

unknown_woman_couch.jpg

Anybody, feel free to add arrows and re-post the pictures.

It would be useful to come up with preliminary nicknames, or some other way to refer to these women.

On 3/7/2017 at 10:54 AM, Sandy Larsen said:

201.jpg

All White Woman.

Sandy,

Well, gosh, how many other women within quick walking distance of the TSBD were wearing all white, including a white headscarf?

Answer:  None that I know of.

Wouldn't you agree it's reasonable to assume that all of the people walking up the TSBD steps 30 seconds after the assassination were TSBD employees, and that during the motorcade they had been standing withing quick walking distance of the building?

--  Tommy :sun

On 3/13/2017 at 8:26 PM, Thomas Graves said:

Sandy,

Well, gosh, how many other women within quick walking distance of the TSBD were wearing all white, including a white headscarf?

Answer:  None that I know of.

Wouldn't you agree it's reasonable to assume that all of the people walking up the TSBD steps 30 seconds after the assassination were TSBD employees, and that during the motorcade they had been standing withing quick walking distance of the building?

Yep, I think you're right, Tommy.

I've looked at several stills from films, and a couple of films, and so far I haven't seen any other women wearing a white or light scarf and white or light clothing that would appear all white in a B&W film. Just the one that we see in Zapruder (standing with the other four women in scarves) and the one in Couch/Darnell who is standing on the steps, just below and to our right of Lovelady. Actually this Woman in White is walking up the steps. And as you have pointed out, has the Woman in Black's arm and is trying to pull her away from her apparent conversation with Lovelady.

I think this pretty much proves that those women in scarves we see in the Z film had time to make it to the TSBD steps prior to the time Officer Baker arrived. Given that the Woman in White did.

It appears we have another match.

20160.jpg

The rightmost woman in the yellow square is nicknamed Blue Scarf Woman.

Darnellstabilized2.gif

The woman on the steps with a dark scarf and dark top is nicknamed Black Top Gray Skirt Woman. Her gray skirt can be seen in one frame:

gloria_calvery.jpg

It appears that Blue Scarf Woman in Zapruder is the same as Black Top Gray Skirt Woman in Couch/Darnell.

Tommy and I believe this woman is Gloria Calvery. Bob Prudhomme may believe the same.

11 minutes ago, Sandy Larsen said:

It appears we have another match.

20160.jpg

The rightmost woman in the yellow square is nicknamed Blue Scarf Woman.

Darnellstabilized2.gif

The woman on the steps with a dark scarf and dark top is nicknamed Black Top Gray Skirt Woman. Her gray skirt can be seen in one frame:

gloria_calvery.jpg

It appears that Blue Scarf Woman in Zapruder is the same as Black Top Gray Skirt Woman in Couch/Darnell.

Tommy and I believe this woman is Gloria Calvery. Bob Prudhomme may believe the same.

I would amend it to say that BSW = BTGSW = Gloria Calvery, and that Woman In White Wearing White Scarf very close to BTGSW in Couch-Darnell  = WIWWWS very close to BSW in the Z-Frame.

And therefore WIWWWS is very likely Calvery's co-worker Karan Hicks, or Carol Reed.

1 hour ago, Thomas Graves said:

I would amend it to say that BSW = BTGSW = Gloria Calvery, and that Woman In White Wearing White Scarf very close to BTGSW in Couch-Darnell  = WIWWWS very close to BSW in the Z-Frame.

The woman in Zapruder's film who is next to Brandt's friend is pretty tall .... would it not be important to know how tall Gloria Calvery was so to know if that woman might be her?

Edited by Bill Miller

4 hours ago, Sandy Larsen said:

The following appears to be the case.

calvery_talking_to_lovelady_zpsqjxxysfm.

Sandy,

Great post!

It's fortuitous that this particular Couch-Darnell frame not only shows a bit of Calvery's (patterned, lighter-colored) skirt and one of Calvery's co-workers (Hicks or Reed) trying to "pull" her up the steps, but Billy Lovelady's receding-hairline head quite well, too!

Darnellstabilized2.gif

PS  It's important for students and researchers to realize that in Sandy's labeled Zapruder Frame, above, Calvery is standing on Elm Street with four other head-scarfed women, not three as would appear to be the case at first glance.  (There is a short-in-stature, mostly-hidden one in front of the dark-dressed / white-headscarf-wearing gal at the far left.)

This is important because when we cross-reference the FBI statements of Calvery, Hicks, and Reed, we realize that during the motorcade they were standing in a group of five women altogether: Gloria Calvery, Karan Hicks, Carol Reed, Karen Westbrook, and June Dishong.

It's my theory that all five of these friends and / or co-workers were wearing headscarves during the motorcade in a kind of "OK, if you're gonna wear your headscarf, so will I, seein' as how I brought the stupid thing, I might as well wear it to prove that I'm just as prepared for this windy day as you are.  Not only that, but it will reinforce our sense social cohesiveness and esprit de corps."

LOL

Edited by Thomas Graves

2 hours ago, Thomas Graves said:

Sandy,

Great post!

It's fortuitous that this particular Couch-Darnell frame not only shows a bit of Calvery's (patterned, lighter-colored) skirt and one of Calvery's co-workers (Hicks or Reed) trying to "pull" her up the steps, but Billy Lovelady's receding-hairline head quite well, too!

Darnellstabilized2.gif

PS  It's important for students and researchers to realize that in Sandy's labeled Zapruder Frame, above, Calvery is standing on Elm Street with four other head-scarfed women, not three as would appear to be the case at first glance.  (There is a short-in-stature, mostly-hidden one in front of the dark-dressed / white-headscarf-wearing gal at the far left.)

This is important because when we cross-reference the FBI statements of Calvery, Hicks, and Reed, we realize that during the motorcade they were standing in a group of five women altogether: Gloria Calvery, Karan Hicks, Carol Reed, Karen Westbrook, and June Dishong.

It's my theory that all five of these friends and / or co-workers were wearing headscarves during the motorcade in a kind of "OK, if you're gonna wear your headscarf, so will I, seein' as how I brought the stupid thing, I might as well wear it to prove that I'm just as prepared for this windy day as you are.  Not only that, but it will reinforce our sense social cohesiveness and esprit de corps."

LOL

bumped

Edited by Thomas Graves

On 3/16/2017 at 1:59 PM, Thomas Graves said:

bumped

One can only hope that Robin Unger and Don Roberdeau will make the proper adjustments to their (unfortunately) misleading Thierry "Fake News" Speth-based labeled photos / frames regarding the identification of spectators on Elm Street during the assassination, particularly in regards to the previously misidentified "Gloria Calvery", and her lighter-complected co-workers "Karan Hicks" and "Carol Reed", whom we now now were, in reality, Native American TSBD employee Stella Mae Jacob (for dark-skinned "Calvary"), and (not necessarily in the same order as the gals listed above), Gloria Jeanne Holt and Sharron Simmons.

The grossly mislabeled Z-Frame.  That's not Gloria Calvary [sic], it's Native American Stella Mae Jacob.

The real Gloria Calvery is the large, dark-headscarf-wearing gal standing between so-called "Peggy Burney" and the real John Templin.

temoins071.jpg

--  Tommy  :sun  

Edited by Thomas Graves

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/16/2017 at 2:17 PM, Thomas Graves said:

One can only hope that Robin Unger and Don Roberdeau will make the proper adjustments to their seriously-flawed and misleading Thierry "Fake News" Speth - based photos / frames regarding the identification of spectators on Elm Street during the assassination, particularly in regards to the previously misidentified "Gloria Calvery", and her lighter-complected co-workers "Karan Hicks" and "Carol Reed", whom we now now were, in reality, Native American TSBD employee Stella Mae Jacob (for dark-skinned "Calvary"), and (not necessarily in the same order as the gals listed above), Gloria Jeanne Holt and Sharron Simmons.

The grossly mislabeled Z-Frame.  That's not Gloria Calvary [sic], it's Native American Stella Mae Jacob.

The real Gloria Calvery is the large, dark-headscarf-wearing gal standing between so-called "Peggy Burney" and the real John Templin.

temoins071.jpg

--  Tommy  :sun  

bumped

Edited by Thomas Graves

• 1 month later...
On 3/15/2017 at 8:16 PM, Sandy Larsen said:

Yep, I think you're right, Tommy.

I've looked at several stills from films, and a couple of films, and so far I haven't seen any other women wearing a white or light scarf and white or light clothing that would appear all white in a B&W film. Just the one that we see in Zapruder (standing with the other four women in scarves) and the one in Couch/Darnell who is standing on the steps, just below and to our right of Lovelady. Actually this Woman in White is walking up the steps. And as you have pointed out, has the Woman in Black's arm and is trying to pull her away from her apparent conversation with Lovelady.

I think this pretty much proves that those women in scarves we see in the Z film had time to make it to the TSBD steps prior to the time Officer Baker arrived. Given that the Woman in White did.

Sandy,

Hopefully Robin Unger will consider this post (and other posts and threads that you, I, or you-and-I have posted) and rectify his Roberdeau and Speth-influenced mislabeling of Jacob, Holt, and Simmons as, respectively, Calvary (sic), Hicks, and Reed on his influential website (if, of course, he hasn't done so already).

Keep up the good work!