Robert Hughes And The Cut Apart Policeman

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

24 minutes ago, John Butler said:

Ray,

Go back and read what I said.  

That's the problem with some of you fellows.  You concentrate on what you perceive as a weakness to the exclusion of other things.  You are welcome to your interpretation.  It is not mine.

Jack White spoke long ago about the "visually impaired".

You wrote "President Kennedy appears to be in some distress and Jackie seems concerned."

Please show the visually impaired, how you arrived at this conclusion.

Sorry Ray,

Far too often I get snarky when I shouldn't.

I have explained to you as much as the material warrants.  To me, Kennedy's expression looks like one  of distress.  Pain.   

Coupled with what could be a bullet hole in the windshield gives rise to suspicion that something might be amiss. 

This is something that is totally at odds with any other thing in the visual record.  As an oddity, it should be explored.  But, then again the visual record is filled with peculiarities. 

3 hours ago, John Butler said:

Your explanation of the Hughes frame won't fly.  Your frame is not the same as the frame I used.  Your frame was a successful photo edit.  My frame was not.  By the way, where is Sgt. Harkness' big yellow stripes? 

John:

I am fully aware that I used a frame which was not the same as the frame you used. My point is (and was) that the officer at the corner of Main and Houston was "real", and not a "cut apart policeman", and was actually DPD Sgt. Harkness. The unstated basis for your claim that "my" frame was an edit and yours was not is, to say the very least, difficult to understand. 

There is an abundance of evidence (photographic and audio) to support the presence of Harkness at that corner at the relevant time. He was told by the radio dispatcher to set up his traffic control position a few minutes before the motorcade arrived; when the official cars had passed through the intersection, the Hughes film shows him crossing to street to his motorcycle, which was parked on the west side of Houston and is also visible in a few frames from the Hughes film; and he is then seen travelling down Main towards the Underpass in (IIRC) the Paschal film, and again in the Daniels film as the limo exits the west side of the underpass. Confirmation that he is indeed a Sergeant is found in the Hughes frame below, where his shoulder stripes are clearly visible. 

I have tried to be helpful to you and your research, but as you wish to persist in claiming that many/most of the assassination films have been altered, and ignoring all/any evidence which is contrary to that view, then I believe my efforts are and would continue to be in vain. Accordingly, I wish you well in your endeavours, but will not be responding or commenting further in this thread.

Chris.

Harkness_BM.jpg

John Butler

Why are you using FAKE composites and trying to pass them of as a single frame  :angry:

This is obviously a composite of two separate frames, you can see the line across the image where the two frames have been joined.

hughes%20corner%20badly%20edited%201_zps

Edited by Robin Unger

The would-be Oswald in Mr. Blevins's enhancement would obviously be too tall compared to what could be expected if a real 5'9'' man stood at the western half of the sniper's window. Here is a 3D reconstruction of the sniper's nest window from Dillard's perspective. The manikin is as close to the window as possible. Please note that the top of his head does not reach the third horizontal grille in that window. Whoever created the fake figure forgot that this particular picture was shot at a sharp bottom-up angle. However, the fake human figure appears as if shot with zero elevation. Besides the lack of appropriate shadows on the man's face, there are no details corresponding to the trunk and lower body.

Final verdict: an obvious fake.

dillard_fake.jpg 

Brad,

I hope the combined efforts of Unger and Stancak are enough to convince you that the video is not genuine.

It may have been up at You Tube a few days ago, but it was online over two years ago.

As I said, from my personal experience of being at that window, at 5' 9"  Oswald's head could not be positioned where it is in that photo.  When you add in all the other points made above, all the indications are that it is a hoax.

Edited by James DiEugenio

Unger,

I took the frame I used straight from Groden's DVD assassination films 1995, hence the low quality.

Glad you verified that it is a composite frame.  I knew we would eventually agree on something.  Thanks for that wonderful graphic showing the splicing of the films.

No, Robin I don't play with my material as you do.  Your work is to often bent toward your bias.  I haven't posted much you haven't tried to warp and distort.  And, now I am accused of what you routinely do?  That's what the Greeks called hubris.

There appears to be two policemen on that corner.  Once again it's a matter of big yellow stripes.

Edited by John Butler

Chris,

"I am fully aware that I used a frame which was not the same as the frame you used. My point is (and was) that the officer at the corner of Main and Houston was "real", and not a "cut apart policeman", and was actually DPD Sgt. Harkness. The unstated basis for your claim that "my" frame was an edit and yours was not is, to say the very least, difficult to understand." 

Go back and read my post.  I said both frames are edited, one successfully and one not. 

You show in your post Sgt. Harkness with his big yellow sergeant's stripes.  Where are they in the frame I posted.  Were there two policemen there?

Thanks Chris, I appreciate your final comments.

Edited by John Butler

Some one said "The construction site you mention is pretty far down from the plaza. The best way to look at it is with this 3D image of the plaza.  How could someone way down past the building be able to fire and hit the limo from that position?  It's not possible."

I was at the National Rifle Matches at Camp Perry, Ohio in the summer of 1967.  I saw lots of 10 and 12 year old girls firing 1903 Springfields and M1 Garands at 1000 yard targets.  They weren't using scopes and were successful in their shooting. 

The buildings on North Houston appear to be far away but, they are not.