The Education Forum

The FBI fibbed about the Mannlicher Carcano

Mili Cranor as provocative as she usually is.  Man, Frazier and Shaneyfelt were doing double duty on the cover up in Washington, while DeBrueys and Regis Kennedy did the job in New Orleans.  In Bill Turner's opinion, the FBI inquiry on the JFK case spelled the end of the Bureau's public reputation.

https://kennedysandking.com/archive-classics

3 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

In Bill Turner's opinion, the FBI inquiry on the JFK case spelled the end of the Bureau's public reputation.

I always laugh when I hear current concerns about the Bureau's reputation in today's political dramas. As a prime example I remember talking heads saying that James Comey (who said the FBI "doesn't care about politics")  would handle the Clinton e-mail controversy the right way because the FBI's "credibility is at stake." Ha ha ha ha. What credibility?

Yeah, I agree.  The JFK case helped crack the public facade about the FBI.

Then the exposes of the Church Committee and COINTELPRO and what a nut Hoover was, that essentially put the kabosh on it.

But I have to add, one of the worst parts of Bugliosi's door stop is when he says "there is not a scintilla of evidence to support that proposition [of an FBI cover up in the JFK case]. ( see Reclaiming Parkland, revised edition, p. 246)   I then go on for 24 ages pointing out how and what they did in that regard.

And BTW, I did not even include what Mili pointed out here.