The Education Forum

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A tangential question:  Is our present President an unwitting (or even witting!) agent of Nikolai Leonov's buddy, Vladimir Putin?

Factoid section:

The short, thin-bodied, very thin-faced, "Blond Oswald" whom Duran and Azcue claimed to have dealt with on 9/27/63 may very well have been photographed near the Mexico City Soviet embassy on 10/02/63.  The identically-described Russian man in the photos was labeled "LEON," as in KGB officer Nikolai Leonov. 

See photo #7.  "LEON & 2 U[nknown] R[ussian] M[ales]"  https://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/viewer/showDoc.do?docId=4490&relPageId=3

Please also see this thread:  

Here he is interpreting for Mr. K and Che.

Image result for "nikolai leonev"

Edited by Thomas Graves

Is this supposed to be a serious question?:ph34r:

Please admit you are playing a joke.  

On 3/20/2017 at 7:15 PM, James DiEugenio said:

Is this supposed to be a serious question?:ph34r:

Please admit you are playing a joke.  

I've never been more serious in my life, "Deep State" James, 

Are you 1 ) afraid to think "outside the box," or 2 ) do you think you're actually gonna have your long-hoped-for confirmation that "The-Whole-CIA-Did-It" in the near future?  Like sometime in the next fifty years?

Now,

Given the "facts" that we think we know, (minus the silly "Harvey and Lee and the Two Marguerites" theory, of course), would it have been impossible for the Ruskies to do? Did they perhaps think they would benefit in the short run?  The long run?

Hey! I have an idea! How about some Rogue Ruskies?

--  Tommy :sun

Or even better -- Rogue Yanks and Rogue Ruskies workin' together!

Edited by Thomas Graves
My handlers told me to do it.

On 3/20/2017 at 9:54 PM, Paul Brancato said:

I like the last idea. After all, who was Angleton?

Paul,

Who was Angleton?

Answer: The possibly mobbed-up (from his time working for the OSS in Italy during WW II) counterintelligence officer who spilled (pardon the pun) a lot of secrets to British double-agent Kim Philby over their Washington, D.C., six-martini lunches, I would imagine.

Who then went kinda nutty when Philby's pals and double-agent colleagues Burgess and Maclean skipped town,

and Colonel Popov got arrested (probably due to poor tradecraft on the CIA's part) in Moscow (the same day LHO arrived there, ironically),

and whose old drinking buddy Philby himself "skipped town" in January, 1963,

and who then proceeded to do more damage to the CIA, through his internal mole hunts and firings, than any Russian spy could ever do, one would think.

Or maybe, just maybe ....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Jesus_Angleton

Edited by Thomas Graves

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/20/2017 at 7:32 PM, Thomas Graves said:

I've never been more serious in my life, "Deep State" James, 

Are you 1 ) afraid to think "outside the box," or 2 ) do you think you're actually gonna have your long-hoped-for confirmation that "The-Whole-CIA-Did-It" in the near future?  Like sometime in the next fifty years?

Now,

Given the "facts" that we think we know, (minus the silly "Harvey and Lee and the Two Marguerites" theory, of course), would it have been impossible for the Ruskies to do? Did they perhaps think they would benefit in the short run?  The long run?

Hey! I have an idea! How about some Rogue Ruskies?

Or even better -- Rogue Yanks and Rogue Ruskies workin' together!

edited and bumped

Edited by Thomas Graves

On 3/21/2017 at 6:57 AM, Michael Walton said:

if Kennedy  had lived  would  they have still gotten  rid of Khrushchev?

Khrushchev sealed his own fate by banging his shoe on the table at the UN General Assembly. His was a lost sole after that.

54 minutes ago, Ron Ecker said:

Khrushchev sealed his own fate by banging his shoe on the table at the UN General Assembly. His was a lost sole after that.

That's the good ol' Ronnie Ecker I remember from ten years ago!

1 hour ago, Michael Walton said:

I'm assuming you're joking Ron.  He did that four whole years before they got rid of him in 1960. I'd hardly think they would have waited that long.

I think Ronnie just wanted to make one of his famous jokes.

SOLE as in sole of a shoe?

Get it?