The Education Forum

Judge Tunheim’s remarks and Dr. Wecht’s introduction at CAPA forum

Thanks for posting this Doug.

I especially liked Newman's comments..

You can hear John and Morley on this audio recording,.

https://kennedysandking.com/news-items/jfk-at-100-state-of-the-records

3 comments:

zFdxGE77vvD2w5xHy6jkVuElKv-U9_9qLkRYK8On
Dennis Bartholomew said...

I noted the following in Tunheim's remarks:

We were prohibited by law from releasing Oswald’s tax records unfortunately, they were in those files, but by law would not allow us to do that, we needed Marina Oswald’s permission that she refused to give, so those records were not released.

Marina still withholding permission after all these years? To what extent do researchers believe Marina to be part of the JFK cover-up, and did she play a role for Soviet intelligence? 

March 24, 2017 at 10:56 AM   Marina Oswald repeated so many times in her interviews over the years that she wished the full truth would come out about the JFK assassination. That the American people should know the truth.  Then "why" why on Earth would she refuse to let Lee Oswald's tax records to be released?   Now THERE'S an intriguing question for her to answer.

I have to say that that is an interesting question.

Tunheim is another Gary Mack: 

quote (From a COPA article) 

Don’t Believe What Jack Tunheim Has To Say About the JFK Assassination

November 29, 2013
By admin

Don’t Believe What Jack Tunheim Has To Say About the JFK Assassination
by Douglas P. Horne, former Chief Analyst for Military Records, ARRB
insidethearrb blog
November 28th, 23:45
http://insidethearrb.livejournal.com/2013/11/28/

JFKFACTS.org just published a recent article by U.S. News that quotes the former Chairman of the Assassination Records Review Board, Jack Tunheim, as follows—see this excerpt below:

By Erin McClam, Staff Writer, NBC News

The government’s most recent investigation into the assassination of John F. Kennedy began in 1994. The Oliver Stone movie “JFK” was still fresh in mind, and almost four in five Americans believed in a conspiracy to kill the 35th president.

The investigation, by the Assassination Records Review Board, was aimed at piercing the persistent secrecy that surrounded the crime. The board unearthed tens of thousands of records on the killing that had never been released.

Which makes its chairman, John R. Tunheim, among the most qualified people alive to talk about what happened Nov. 22, 1963. His conclusion: Lee Harvey Oswald did it — and no one else.

“I look back to the hard evidence of the case, the real evidence, the evidence admissible in court, and all of that points to Oswald acting alone,” Tunheim, who is now a federal judge, said this week from his chambers in Minnesota.

Close quote 

Hahaha ... 

I would really like to know ( straight from Marina) whether Tunheim's statement that she refused to have Oswald's tax records released is true.

If it is, then I would want to know why.  If she refutes this statement by Tunheim, and says she was never asked...then I would be very suspicious of Tunheim.

Marina is still alive.

I sure would like to know how to present this question to her.

Joe Bauer, quote:

If it is, then I would want to know why.  If she refutes this statement by Tunheim, and says she was never asked...then I would be very suspicious of Tunheim.

Tunheim said.

“People just don’t want to believe that a 24-year-old misfit that has had really an awful life, who has these pro-communist tendencies, difficulty navigating life, could publicly assassinate the leader of the free world.” 

And he said.

“I look back to the hard evidence of the case, the real evidence, the evidence admissible in court, and all of that points to Oswald acting alone,” Tunheim, who is now a federal judge, said this week from his chambers in Minnesota.

Be aware of Tunheim ... he is a Warren Commission disciple, with all it's implications ... 

KK

On ‎3‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 0:08 AM, Joe Bauer said:

1.   To what extent do researchers believe Marina to be part of the JFK cover-up,

2.    Did Marina play a role for Soviet intelligence? 

3.     March 24, 2017 at 10:56 AM   Marina Oswald repeated so many times in her interviews over the years that she wished the full truth would come out about the JFK assassination. That the American people should know the truth.  Then "why" why on Earth would she refuse to let Lee Oswald's tax records to be released?   Now THERE'S an intriguing question for her to answer.

Joe,

By the numbers:

1.0.  Marina was no part of the JFK cover-up.  The FBI was the Alpha and Omega of the JFK cover-up.  

1.1.  Marina Oswald was as befuddled by the JFK cover-up as nearly every American remains today.

1.2.  Marina Oswald always said she doubted that LHO could have killed JFK -- all alone.  He wasn't that bright.

2.0.  Marina Oswald played no role for Soviet Intelligence (e.g. the KGB).   Marina Oswald hated the USSR with all her might, and never wanted to return to that hell-hole.

2.1.  Marina Oswald glommed onto Lee Oswald in Minsk precisely because he was an American, had not turned in his US passport, had not applied for Soviet citizenship, and most importantly, had not joined the Communist Party.

2.2.  Marina Oswald's grandmother had been an Aristocrat before the Communist Revolution, and had raised young Marina to be a lady of quality.  The factory-life of Minsk in the 1950's did not make life appear bright to young Marina.  She wanted more out of life.  She wanted her own four walls, where she did not have to share a kitchen and a bathroom for the rest of her life.

2.3.  Lee seemed smarter than he was -- he was living in the newest apartments in Minsk (so that the Soviets could keep an eye on him) and he was getting income from the Red Cross in Russia, almost equal to his payroll each month -- which gave him more cash than the average worker in Minsk. 

2.4.  Actually, this factory job was the first real job LHO ever had in his life, but Marina didn't know that.  As soon as she was pregnant, she pressured Lee to move back to the USA.  Heck, he was barely 21 years old.  What did Lee know about women?  Not very much.

2.4.  Once in the USA, Marina Oswald enjoyed the company of the well-to-do Russian Expatriates in Fort Worth and Dallas who valued her as a person, and tried as hard as they could to take her away from Lee Harvey Oswald -- that ne'er do well.

2.6.  The Russian Expatriates hated Soviet Russia with a purple passion.  Just like Marina Oswald.

2.7.  It was Marina's growing friendships with Russian Expatriates -- and her neglect of Lee Oswald -- that spurred Lee to beat Marina during 4 months of 1962.  Marina admitted this.

2.8.  As soon as possible, Marina got baby June baptized in the Eastern Orthodox Church.   Marina was, and remains, a Christian -- never a Communist.

3.0.  The reason that Marina Oswald didn't allow the IRS to show Lee Harvey Oswald's tax records was simple propriety and modesty.  

3.1.  Marina Oswald is an AMERICAN now.  What self-respecting, red-blooded American lets the IRS show the tax returns of ANY member of their family?

3.2.  Does any intelligent person believe that -- after 50 years -- if the best minds of the US intelligentsia failed to solved the JFK assassination, that the stupid tax records of this lazy ex-Marine who could hardly hold down a minimum-wage job for more than 6 months at a time to support his young family, would solve the case?

Regards,
--Paul Trejo

Edited by Paul Trejo

Joe,

To my knowledge, that is true.  And she made a big deal about this in public.  Which, oddly, is the last time she really had a high public profile.  And make no mistake, Marina gets cameras.  She is a real publicity machine.

As to why, who knows.  I don't.

Karl, that quote by Horne  does not relate to what the subject of his speech is.  There are some really interesting things in his CAPA speech.  

The one most interesting to me was his discussion of the Oswald file the KGB had.  From his comments it is appears that the decision about sending Oswald to Minsk went up to the higher levels of the KGB, and maybe even into the Kremlin. Then, the KGB commissioned an elaborate surveillance ring--both human and electronic--around Oswald.  (Some of this is mentioned in Oswald: Russian Episode by Titovets.)  It appears that Mailer only got a part of this material out.  Because Tunheim says the file he saw was five feet high.  If that is the case, they must have really had an extensive net out about Oswald.  And this is why he became disenchanted relatively early.  He knew that they were on to him and had launched a wide counter intelligence operation against him.

If you read the Titovets book, he postulates a very interesting concept of how Marina met Lee.  And how she may have been a part of this  surveillance.  To say the least, she had a very interesting background.  I mean what are the odds of such a young girl meeting two American defectors in the expanse of Russia. And recall, Webster said she spoke English.