The Education Forum

Bernice Moore

5 hours ago, Ray Mitcham said:

I understand from another forum that sadly Bernice Moore passed away 13th March. Sad news. She was a great researcher and person.

I'm sorry to hear that. Bernice helped me out several times over the years.

She was very kind.

Steve Thomas

She was a stalwart that I respected, appreciated and even liked as a person, just by reading her years worth of postings and feeling her energy from them.

What a sad loss.

I echo the sentiments of my fellow forum members regarding this sad news. Bernice Moore was one of those fellow Canadians who, unfortunately, I never had the opportunity to meet in person. I always enjoyed her postings and contributions - she will be missed.

Aside from being knowledgeable, skilled, and interpretive in historical matters, Bernice was so kind and helpful to researchers, and remarkably judicious and patient with Forum members.  This is a loss to the community, and, I'm sure, a great sorrow to her family and friends.  God bless you, Bernice.

Edited by David Andrews

One of the nicest people you will meet, and very helpful to others is many ways.

And unlike so many, she was selfless and non agenda driven.

In a community full of huge egos and difficult personalities, Bernice Moore was a beacon of light. She was unfailingly helpful and polite. The research community will not be the same without her. My condolences to her family.