The Education Forum

A Couple of Real Gems from the "Harvey and Lee" Website

16 hours ago, Sandy Larsen said:

Ah! Hahaha! Damn you're good, Hargrove!

Is there ANY discrepancy you don't have a good answer for?? LOL

It's not me.  It's not even JA.  This knowledge belongs to the American people and the world!

Unlike every other person on this forum, and unlike everyone else on every other JFK forum, I understand most of Harvey and Lee.

With just a tiny push from honest people like you, the truth ALWAYS wins, and you're seeing that simple fact unfold right in front of your eyes, despite all my critics.

EDIT: I forgot to mention David Josephs.  Although he doesn't post as much in the H&L threads as he used to, he understands Harvey and Lee as well as I do. 

Edited by Jim Hargrove

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

56 minutes ago, Jim Hargrove said:

It's not me.  It's not even JA.  This knowledge belongs to the American people and the world!

Unlike every other person on this forum, and unlike everyone else on every other JFK forum, I understand most of Harvey and Lee.

With just a tiny push from honest people like you, the truth ALWAYS wins, and you're seeing that simple fact unfold right in front of your eyes, despite all my critics.

LOL

Good one, Jim!

BTW, how many critics do you figure you have here, Jim?   Three?  Four?

I mean, I mean, I mean ...... from time-to-time?

--  Tommy :sun

Edited by Thomas Graves

On 5/2/2017 at 5:03 PM, Thomas Graves said:

Jim,

Any idea on how the evil, evil CIA chose a couple of unrelated ten-year-old boys knowing, somehow, that said boys would grow up looking sufficiently "alike" as to be able to fool so many witnesses, after the assassination, into thinking the guy they'd seen or dealt with before the assassination ("Lee")  was actually ..... "Harvey"? 

BUT .... at the same time .... sufficiently "different," of course, as to "support" the specious Harvey and Lee and the Two Marguerites theory now?

This is being bumped by Hargrove's only active critic at-the-moment.

Edited by Thomas Graves

11 hours ago, Jim Hargrove said:

But in order to see Jim's "simple truth" you have to ignore many other scientific truths.

http://wtracyparnell.blogspot.com/2017/01/the-truth-about-harvey-lee.html

Jim's response to my article will be that you can't trust the HSCA. But Jim and Armstrong use the HSCA and the FBI and anyone else when it suits their purpose to do so. And Hartogs overstated his case before the WC and was called out by Wesley Liebeler, so his original report represents the truth not a book written later that was obviously embellished for sales purposes.

Edited by W. Tracy Parnell

Mr. Parnell continues to tell us that the U.S. government can be trusted to investigate itself in the tragic matter of the Kennedy assassination.

There are many proven examples of government malfeasance in this case.  Here are several of my favorites, since they just take seconds to explain.

One is FBI agent James Cadigan's sworn testimony that was altered because he inadvertently explained that that possessions of "Lee Harvey Oswald" were secretly transferred to the FBI on the very night of JFK's assassination, then secretly returned to Dallas a few days later, and then publicly sent to the FBI a few days after that.

Cadigan_Altered.jpg?dl=0

And Atty. Mark Lane, soon after the publication of the Warren Commission report and other volumes, interviewed three Dealey Plaza witnesses showing how the FBI altered their observations suggesting there were other shooters in the Plaza.  Watch this three minute video:

I have already shown earlier in this thread how dishonest the HSCA was in attempting to explain how "Lee Harvey Oswald" was simultaneously in Japan and Taiwan (and en route to Taiwan).  There are many other examples of both the Warren Commission's and the HSCA's treachery in this case, but Mr. Parnell wants us to believe their "evidence" anyway.

57 minutes ago, Jim Hargrove said:

There are many other examples of both the Warren Commission's and the HSCA's treachery in this case, but Mr. Parnell wants us to believe their "evidence" anyway.

The point is not that I want people to believe the government. The point is that Armstrong uses the WC, the FBI, the HSCA and other government sources extensively in his book so he must attach some validity to government sources. Anyone van download the PDF of the book from the Internet and search his sources if you don't believe me. Armstrong is only suspicious of the government evidence that does not support his case and accepts that which he thinks does support him.

1 hour ago, W. Tracy Parnell said:

The point is not that I want people to believe the government. The point is that Armstrong uses the WC, the FBI, the HSCA and other government sources extensively in his book so he must attach some validity to government sources. Anyone van download the PDF of the book from the Internet and search his sources if you don't believe me. Armstrong is only suspicious of the government evidence that does not support his case and accepts that which he thinks does support him.

Tracy,

"You mean, you mean, you mean -- we can't eat our cake and have it, too????

....... sniff ...................sniff ......................... Waaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!"

Edited by Thomas Graves

On 5/2/2017 at 2:18 AM, Thomas Graves said:

LOL

I don't suppose the one-and-only Lee Harvey Oswald's low grades had anything to do with his (uh oh, I feel another gerund coming on) being such a bad speller, and his (uh oh) playing hooky so much, and his (dang -- three in one sentence!) preferring to read books from the library instead of those stupid, boring school books.

Oh yeah, and his (I can't believe it -- two more of those darned gerund thingies that "Hungarian Harvey" was miraculously so good at) planning on joining the Marine Corps as soon as possible, I mean I mean I mean .... "so who needs to study, anyway?".

Like Michael Clark said about himself somewhere, I don't have much to add but I do like to "bump" old threads.

Edited by Thomas Graves

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Thomas Graves said:

Like Michael Clark said about himself somewhere, I don't have much to add but I do like to "bump" old threads.

Ack

Edit... I've come a long way...!

And I DID ask.

Edited by Michael Clark

On 3/27/2017 at 8:43 AM, Thomas Graves said:

GEM # 1  (Let's take them one at a time, shall we?)

"The Russian speaking youth, possibly of Hungarian parents, was brought to the U.S. following World War II and given the name HARVEY Oswald."

Question:  If the mother tongue of "Harvey" (the young boy who eventually joined the Marines, "defected" to the USSR, married Marina, and was killed by Jack Ruby on 11/24/63) was Hungarian (a Turkic language from Central Asia), and he was already speaking Russian (a highly-inflected, Indo-European language) when he came to the U.S., how are we to explain, then, the fact that "Harvey" spoke such grammatically-correct, accent-free English later in life? 

PS  I think I can speak with some authority on this, having taught English for seven years in a country that speaks a Slavic, i.e. Russian-like language, the Czech Republic.  And I remember the Hungarian Toth brothers at La Jolla High School back around 1965, who probably came to the U.S. around the time of the 1956 Hungarian Revolt against the U.S.S.R.  (How did THAT work out, btw?)

bumped

On 3/27/2017 at 4:57 PM, Thomas Graves said:

"Dear James,"  

Here's the full text of the partially-obscured letter you posted, with the spelling mistakes corrected by me.

"Dear Senator Tower;

My name is Lee Harvey Oswald, 22, of Fort Worth up till  October 1959, when I came to the Soviet Union for a residential stay.  I took a residential document for a non-Soviet person for a time in the USSR.  The American Embassy in Moscow is familiar with my case.  Since July 20(,)1960 I have unsuccessfully applied for a Soviet exit visa to leave this country.  [T]he Soviets refuse to permit me and my Soviet wife (who applied to the U.S. Embassy Moscow, July 8, 1960(,) for immigration status to the U.S.A.) to leave the Soviet Union.  I am a citizen of the United States of America (passport No. 1733242, 1959) and I beseech you, Senator Tower, to rise (sic; should be "raise") the question of holding by the Soviet Union of a citizen of the US, against his will and expressed desires."

And here's the letter that had immediately preceded it:

"Dear Sirs:  I am writing in regard to a letter which I sent to the Embassy on November 1, in which I asked:  'Does the American Embassy feel that(,) in light of the fact that my temporary Soviet document for residence in the Soviet Union expires on January 5, 1962, that the deprivation of an exit visa after this date and therefore the foreseeable holding of me against my expressed desires is unlawful?'  I would like a written reply to this question before the expiration date of January 4, 1962(,) in order to have a basis for my refusal to give my permission for the legal extension on (British English(?), or an attempt at such(?) this document."

My Analysis:

Other than Oswald's questionable use of "the" (the gerund form "their depriving me" would have been better), and his obvious mistake in using the past-tense "rise" instead of present-tense "raise"), I would have to say that his syntax, grammar, and vocabulary are excellent, especially for someone who dropped out of school in (or was it after?) the 10th grade, and that your Yale Professor is, therefore, blowing smoke out of his Ivy League you-know-what.

Note:  Among other things, "A Russian with an imperfect knowledge of English" wouldn't have used the indefinite articles "a" and "an", nor the definite article "the", as perfectly as Oswald did in these two letters.

PS   But why take it from me?  Heck, I only scored in the top 98- percentile in "verbal intelligence" on the SAT, and taught English in a Slavic-language country (the Czech Republic) for seven years.

edited and bumped

Edited by Thomas Graves

• 4 weeks later...

Yo-ho-ho, Tommy….

I’ve been away from home and ignoring the Internets for a while, but now I’m back and ready to discuss stuff....

What “gem” from Harvey and Lee would you like to attack next?  Do you still want to talk about Russian-speaking Harvey Oswald’s incredible Russian-speaking abilities? Or, uh, do you need to speak to Gregory Parker first?

If not, let’s talk about this:

As I keep saying, I’ve been reluctant to use Marina Prusakova’s testimony in my arguments about Harvey Oswald’s Russian fluency because I think she was really put in a difficult position of having to hide her own English proficiency from the U.S.G., which forced her to be less than totally forthcoming.  But here’s another part of her HSCA testimony that I do tend to believe, partly because it was confirmed by DeMohrenschildt. 

Mr. McDONALD. Did he read a lot when he was in the Soviet
Union?
Mrs. PORTER. Yes.
Mr. McDONALD. What kind of books did he read there?
Mrs. PORTER. Novels mostly.
Mr. McDONALD. What kind of novels?
Mrs. PORTER. What you call maybe as classical novels, some
Russian classic writers.
Mr. McDONALD. The novels or the books that he read in the
Soviet Union, were they in Russian?
Mrs. PORTER. They were in Russian; yes.

And, of course, DeMohrenschildt added that “it amazed me that he read such difficult writers like Gorki, Dostoevski, Gogol, Tolstoi and Turgenieff -- in Russian.”

We’re told that Harvey Oswald arrived in Russia on October 15, 1959 and married Marina on April 30, 1961.  Are we to believe that Harvey taught himself enough Russian in a year and a half in Russia to read and discuss the “difficult writers” De M. talked about?  Really??  No doubt a linguist as smart as you could do that effortlessly.  No doubt Parker/Parnell will agree.

Love is a wonderful thing, eh?  Do you agree?