The Education Forum

The necessity of reading the Palmer Report daily

The authoritative Palmer Report releases fresh news about the Trump/Russian scandal several times each day.

It takes time consuming effort for me to post all its articles here.

For this reason I suggest that you bookmark or mark as a favorite the link below if you wish personally to follow breaking developments in this emerging scandal that will bring ultimately down Trump and many others in a criminal case more complex than either the JFK assassination or Watergate.

http://www.palmerreport.com/

Edited by Douglas Caddy

On 4/4/2017 at 8:57 AM, Douglas Caddy said:

The authoritative Palmer Report releases fresh news about the Trump/Russian scandal several times each day.

It takes time consuming effort for me to post all its articles here.

For this reason I suggest that you bookmark or mark as a favorite the link below if you wish personally to follow breaking developments in this emerging scandal that will bring ultimately down Trump and many others in a criminal case more complex than either the JFK assassination or Watergate.

http://www.palmerreport.com/

Not for me, thanks.

Putin-influenced Alt-Left "news source" imho.  Just as bad as the Putin-influenced Alt-Right.

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/palmer-report/

--  Tommy :sun

Edited by Thomas Graves

Tommy - I see and understand your general objection, but how do you justify the term 'Putin influenced'?

Edited by Paul Brancato

I have seen reports suggest that Russian disinformation agents have been sewing discord among the Right and The Left in the United Stated. That would agree with what I see at street level.

Edited by Michael Clark

Not an answer though. It's clear that most Russian effort has been towards dividing the left. But whatever the case, I'd like Tommy to respond. I have no idea how credible Palmer is. I do agree, and don't appreciate, the use of hyperbole, and much prefer straight talk when I am looking for facts. But I will say that Palmer has been essentially right so far about the Trump Putin ties, and in some cases hasn't gone far enough. I think it's hard enough to distinguish truth from lies without smearing someone who appears to be a truth teller using a sensationalist style. As always, style vs substance becomes an important distinction. In this atmosphere I find it understandable that voices on the left (Huffington for instance) try to use the style that the right uses with great effect. But an audience like us tend object to that kind of journalism. So - let's stick to facts. Do any if you have a problem with facts as articulated by Palmer?

2 hours ago, Paul Brancato said:

Not an answer though. It's clear that most Russian effort has been towards dividing the left. But whatever the case, I'd like Tommy to respond. I have no idea how credible Palmer is. I do agree, and don't appreciate, the use of hyperbole, and much prefer straight talk when I am looking for facts. But I will say that Palmer has been essentially right so far about the Trump Putin ties, and in some cases hasn't gone far enough. I think it's hard enough to distinguish truth from lies without smearing someone who appears to be a truth teller using a sensationalist style. As always, style vs substance becomes an important distinction. In this atmosphere I find it understandable that voices on the left (Huffington for instance) try to use the style that the right uses with great effect. But an audience like us tend object to that kind of journalism. So - let's stick to facts. Do any if you have a problem with facts as articulated by Palmer?

"Not an answer though"

Paul, I would have addressed you, like I did in this sentence, If I were addressing you.

----------------

"It's clear that most Russian effort has been towards dividing the left."

Paul, that's an absolute giveaway that they have achieved their goals. They are dividing "us". You see "us" as the the left. They are dividing all of us.

------------------

I generally agree on the rest. 

I subscribed hoping to get a view from outside the MSM. Yet, this is as creepy and divisive as alt-right stuff that I see on FB.

Cheers,

Michael

Michael - sorry you take some offense at my informal style. That's all it is. I was addressing Tommy Graves - I don't see Putin influence here. I take your point that we are divided, and being even more divided. But if you look at pre-election meddling nearly all of it was to help Trump and divide Democrats. 

• 4 weeks later...

The standard Russian practice in foreign political action is simply destabilization - the mission is to create discord, division and to elevate general mistrust to as high a level as possible.  Its classic stuff.  I can recommend some good books; we know how they work because we got tens of thousands of pages of KGB and FSB internal documents via key defections in 1993 and 2000. From that perspective they will target both parties, they will target any opportunity for divisivness - in prior times they played both the racist groups and the civil rights groups, or tried to at least. The only side note to that general rule is that Putin does truly hate Clinton, hence an election focus to weaken her, not so much to elect Trump but to create a major level of discord in any Clinton administration.

Also, you don't need collusion for this game, if you look at the detailed timing of the Wiki leaks releases of DNC data you see they follow Trump in the campaign, almost state by state and issue by issue.  You just need somebody on the ball monitoring what's happening and feeding info as the opportunity presents.