The Education Forum

‘The Brothers’ by Stephen Kinzer - anyone read it?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if it makes any reference to the young Carol Burnett's song "I'm in Love with John Foster Dulles."

20 hours ago, Ron Ecker said:

I wonder if it makes any reference to the young Carol Burnett's song "I'm in Love with John Foster Dulles."

and, more importantly, as regards JFK assassination research, was John Foster Dulles ever in love with Carol Burnett...

Inquiring minds want to know.

;)

I bought it when it first came out but never got around to reading it.  I recall skimming the JFK assassination sector and Allen being on the Warren Commission, which was very brief.  It said the usual stuff and implied Allen was a shadow of his formal self at the time of the Commission.  

10 minutes ago, Brian Schmidt said:

...and implied Allen was a shadow of his formal self at the time of the Commission.  

probably because his brother was being stalked by Carol Burnett. 

There was very little on the assassination in the book ¨ The Brothers¨. Maybe one half page.

I found something of a conflict however, regarding Dulles´s where abouts when JFK was murdered. Kinzer says Dulles was at his home at Lloyd Neck but Talbot says he was at the Farm in northern Virginia. It´s possible Dulles was at his home when he learned of the assassination and then traveled to the Farm. IDK

22 hours ago, Roger DeLaria said:

I have it on deck to read whenever I get to it.

thank you for you signature, Roger. amen.

1 minute ago, Glenn Nall said:

probably because his brother was being stalked by Carol Burnett. 

Could be. She was a big hit with that song on the Ed Sullivan Show. In fact I think it's what made her famous.

As for Allen not being his former self, I'm trying to remember the nickname that his wife and his mistress both had for him. I think the old man was just worn out.

12 minutes ago, Ron Ecker said:

Could be. She was a big hit with that song on the Ed Sullivan Show. In fact I think it's what made her famous.

As for Allen not being his former self, I'm trying to remember the nickname that his wife and his mistress both had for him. I think the old man was just worn out.

"probably because his brother was being stalked by Carol Burnett" was a joke. sorry.

5 minutes ago, Glenn Nall said:

"probably because his brother was being stalked by Carol Burnett" was a joke. sorry.

"Could be" was a joke too. Sorry.

Just now, Ron Ecker said:

"Could be" was a joke too. Sorry.

oh. cool. :) 

20 minutes ago, Ron Ecker said:

i came across some old Tim Conway stuff the other day and "wasted" the next two days watching him on Youtube. If you haven't seen it, you gotta google "the elephant story" on the Carol Burnett show. make sure you're sitting down.

I think he's really referring to Allen Dulles.

Anyone who thinks Allen Dulles was not in shape at the time of the WC does not understand what the WC was up to.

Dulles was in the middle of almost every major subterfuge that that ignominious body took it upon itself to perform.

To name just two : 1)  The Baker/Truly cover up, and 2.) The false positioning of JFK's head at the point of impact.

And as everyone knows, behind the scene he was commiserating with Angleton about the cover up of Oswald as an intel agent.

Kinzer's book just blows by all of that.