The Education Forum

Strategy of tension

Lately, I have been reading about the "strategy of tension" as it might apply to the JFK assassination.

Jeez.

Recognize this?

https://wikispooks.com/wiki/Strategy_of_tension

"Recognizable patterns include, but are not limited to:

• An official narrative is quickly agreed upon and blames either "Lone nuts" or the enemy du jour
  • "Lone nuts" that die shortly after the event and/or have no chance to explain their side of the story
  • The number of reported perpetrators, decreases as the official narrative unfolds
  • Evidence which is quickly destroyed and/or made inaccessible to public or to journalists because of "national security"
  • Obviously pre-fabricated statements: responses are made which are far too quick - exploiting the targets' moment of psychological shock
  • Politicians and commercially-controlled media: blaming designated culprit before any investigation, hate speech, revenge, threating war or sanctions, fostering police state legislation
  • Name changes or misspelling of suspected lone nuts and/or intelligence links emerge
  • Imagery of low quality emerges, with mismatching details in different versions or viewing angels, time stamps and origin obscured
  • Presented evidence and history of Lone nuts contains bold archetypes, letters, testaments, even passports
  • Eye witness accounts are incompatible with press reports
  • Lost and Found ID leads a direct trail to allow the official narrative's perpetrators to be identified"
  • Any ideas apart from this are termed "conspiracy theories" and dismissed by the establishment

Steve Thomas

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do recognize it Steve but I should comment that it is normally just one element of larger psywar campaigns or programs, along with other familiar tactics of misinformation, disinformation, planting of false documents, etc. Certainly these were practices well known to many professional intelligence organizations...and in certainly in play even before the twentieth century (there was this book on dirty tricks by some Italian that they all read..grin).  Elements such as false flags were used most normally for recruiting and for covert insertion of misinformation into legitimate channels.

To get a much broader picture of how such things are done and to become less CIA-centric, I would recommend a reading of the two books on the Mitrokhin Archives, on the book KGB Today which has information from one of the most important KBG defectors of the Cold War era and Comrade J which deals with the senior Russian officer in New York post Cold War and takes you up to 2000.  These folks gave us an incredible level of insight into how these games are played. The defection of the senior KGB archivist(Mitrokhin) brought over thousands of pages of documents on their actual operations.  If you combine all that with the operational documents we have on the CIA, you begin to get a good picture of not only the practices themselves but what operations were actually carried out.  Interestingly the documents do show that for a time at least the KGB really did make an effort to take advantage of the JFK assassination for psychological warfare during both the Johnson and Nixon administrations.

I think about the strategy of tension all the time.  I think it goes back to the dawn of time.  On that particular phrase, the Gladio staybehind network and the bombings in Italy of 1968 and 1980 and the whole course of events that uncurled for decades afterwards is quite revealing.

The theater offered me great solace on this subject - Dario Fo's Accidental Death of an Anarchist was written right in the thick of the tension.

Bill

17 minutes ago, Larry Hancock said:

I do recognize it Steve but I should comment that it is normally just one element of larger psywar campaigns or programs, along with other familiar tactics of misinformation, disinformation, planting of false documents, etc.

If you combine all that with the operational documents we have on the CIA, you begin to get a good picture of not only the practices themselves but what operations were actually carried out. 

Larry,

I bumped up against the "strategy" when reading up on Guerin Serac and Aginter Presse,  and Gladio.

Not Gladio as it started out, but what it morphed into as the Cold War went on.

Political assassinations (Aldo Moro in Italy, etc.) and the campaigns of false-flag terrorist bombings were widespread in Europe in the 1950's - 1980's.

Operation Northwoods was just one example of this strategy of tension.

I got to wondering if JFK was just another link in the chain.

Here is an interesting interview with Daniele Ganser as late as 4/6/17:

He talks about Northwoods and Lemnitzer among other things.

http://themillenniumreport.com/2017/04/natos-secret-armies-operation-gladio-and-the-strategy-of-tension/

Steve Thomas

12 minutes ago, Bill Simpich said:

I think about the strategy of tension all the time.  I think it goes back to the dawn of time.  On that particular phrase, the Gladio staybehind network and the bombings in Italy of 1968 and 1980 and the whole course of events that uncurled for decades afterwards is quite revealing.

The theater offered me great solace on this subject - Dario Fo's Accidental Death of an Anarchist was written right in the thick of the tension.

Bill

Bill,

"I think about the strategy of tension all the time..."

Be careful, your head will explode.

Thanks for the tip on the play. I was reading about the Pinelli case just the other day.

I had always shied away from the Gladio business, but now I'm beginning to wonder.

I went back to that interview with Ganser again that I mentioned to Larry. He certainly ties a lot of world events together.

Steve Thomas

Steve 

Thanks for the interview. From reading the interview, Ganser, whether he knew it or not made a strong case for Gladio = Northwoods.

Northwoods false flag = kill the american president and blame it on Cuba. If not for Johnson, the US military pulverises Cuba and a nuclear exchange between the US and Russia ensues.

In Nov/Dec 1963 US generals said the US would win a nuclear exchange with Russia.

There is definitely a link between Northwoods and the assassination of JFK. 

6 hours ago, Steve Thomas said:

Lately, I have been reading about the "strategy of tension" as it might apply to the JFK assassination.

Jeez.

Recognize this?

https://wikispooks.com/wiki/Strategy_of_tension

"Recognizable patterns include, but are not limited to:

• An official narrative is quickly agreed upon and blames either "Lone nuts" or the enemy du jour
  • "Lone nuts" that die shortly after the event and/or have no chance to explain their side of the story
  • The number of reported perpetrators, decreases as the official narrative unfolds
  • Evidence which is quickly destroyed and/or made inaccessible to public or to journalists because of "national security"
  • Obviously pre-fabricated statements: responses are made which are far too quick - exploiting the targets' moment of psychological shock
  • Politicians and commercially-controlled media: blaming designated culprit before any investigation, hate speech, revenge, threating war or sanctions, fostering police state legislation
  • Name changes or misspelling of suspected lone nuts and/or intelligence links emerge
  • Imagery of low quality emerges, with mismatching details in different versions or viewing angels, time stamps and origin obscured
  • Presented evidence and history of Lone nuts contains bold archetypes, letters, testaments, even passports
  • Eye witness accounts are incompatible with press reports
  • Lost and Found ID leads a direct trail to allow the official narrative's perpetrators to be identified"
  • Any ideas apart from this are termed "conspiracy theories" and dismissed by the establishment

Steve Thomas

Just wondering. (lol)

Did the KGB ever engage in this sort of evil behavior?  You know, back in the day?

How about the FSB in 1999?

--  Tommy :sun

As regards "Politicians and commercially-controlled media: blaming designated culprit before any investigation, hate speech, revenge, threating war or sanctions, fostering police state legislation," doesn't fake news promulgated by Putin-controlled RT and Sputnik and his professional internet trolls in Saint Petersburg (Russia, not Florida -- LOL), some of which is gobbled up by and appropriately "spun" by Breitbard News and InfoWars on the Right (and other parts gobblled up by and "spun" by certain other "news sources" / blogs on the Left, of course) and ends up being gobbled up and "spun" by Fox News, kinda tie in with all of this?

Just sayin'

Edited by Thomas Graves

22 hours ago, Thomas Graves said:

Just wondering. 

Did the KGB ever engage in this sort of evil behavior?  You know, back in the day?

How about the FSB in 1999?

OK, thanks Larry.

.................................................................................................

Re: "Politicians and commercially-controlled media: blaming designated culprit before any investigation, hate speech, revenge, threating war or sanctions, fostering police state legislation," ...

Doesn't "fake news" promulgated by Putin-controlled RT and Sputnik and his professional internet trolls in Saint Petersburg (Russia, not Florida -- LOL), much of which is gobbled up by and appropriately "spun" by Breitbard News and InfoWars on the Right ... and other parts which are [gasp!] gobbled up and "spun" by certain other "news sources" / blogs on the Left, of course ... and ends up being gobbled up and "spun" by Fox News, ... somehow kinda tie in with all of thisAt least nowadays?  You know, like how Hillary Clinton was attacked on all sides during the campaign on Trumped-up charges, like, for example, selling uranium to Russia with the required approval of several U.S. Government agencies and departments, not just her State Department?

And how about that Benghazi Investigation?  She and Bill musta figured out how she could lie, lie, lie her way out of that imbroglio while .... uh .... "eatin' pizza" ...... at COSMO's, right?

In case y'all are wondering, I voted for "Killery-Shillery" and would vote for her again. 

augmented already and bumped

Edited by Thomas Graves

"I'm afraid we were misled...All the critics, myself included, were misled very early. I see that now. We spent too much time microanalyzing the details of the assassination when all the time it was obvious, it was blatantly obvious that it was a conspiracy...The tyranny of power is here. Current events tell us that those who killed Kennedy can only perpetuate their power by promoting social upheaval both at home and abroad. And that will lead not to revolution but to repression...[T]he interests of those who killed Kennedy now transcend national boundaries and national priorities. No doubt we are now dealing with an international conspiracy. We must face that fact -- and not waste any more time microanalyzing the evidence. That's exactly what they want us to do. They have kept us busy for so long..." (emphasis added)
Vincent Salandria, as quoted by Gaeton Fonzi in The Last Investigation

I think I need to read more of what Vince Salandria had to say.

Steve Thomas

7 hours ago, Steve Thomas said:

"I'm afraid we were misled...All the critics, myself included, were misled very early. I see that now. We spent too much time microanalyzing the details of the assassination when all the time it was obvious, it was blatantly obvious that it was a conspiracy...The tyranny of power is here. Current events tell us that those who killed Kennedy can only perpetuate their power by promoting social upheaval both at home and abroad. And that will lead not to revolution but to repression...[T]he interests of those who killed Kennedy now transcend national boundaries and national priorities. No doubt we are now dealing with an international conspiracy. We must face that fact -- and not waste any more time microanalyzing the evidence. That's exactly what they want us to do. They have kept us busy for so long..." (emphasis added)
Vincent Salandria, as quoted by Gaeton Fonzi in The Last Investigation

I think I need to read more of what Vince Salandria had to say.

Steve Thomas

Steve - I agree with you. Salandria convinced me, and I owe my position to his cogent analysis. It's why I rarely read nuts and bolts threads, and prefer the ones that examine things like the army Colonels, or MC. His point I think, is that once you decide that it was a conspiracy, you must confront your own reticence to take action.

the strategy of tension is a view into the inner workings of what Peter Dale Scott calls the 'Deep State'. (I really hate the way the alt right and screwballs like David Horowitz have co-opted the idea). I think that looking closely at Italian politics reveals this strategy most closely, because in Italy the judges and the courts tried to do something about it. But the mafia and the government are one and the same, and they don't sweat the small stuff. They kill judges there. Yet despite that, they uncovered the awful truth that terrorist acts, such as the Bologna train bombing, were committed by the fascist right masquerading as Communists. I am of the opinion that one has to look at terrorism in general through that lens. Who benefits? And I think the massive migrations of innocents fleeing war zones is an intended consequence, not an accident, which is enabling the fascist right to gain more power and threaten European Democracies. In addition to massive flights of people, there is likewise massive flight of capital. Is it an accident that the international drug trade benefits from this destabilization? 

On 4/17/2017 at 0:23 PM, Steve Thomas said:

Larry,

I bumped up against the "strategy" when reading up on Guerin Serac and Aginter Presse,  and Gladio.

Not Gladio as it started out, but what it morphed into as the Cold War went on.

Political assassinations (Aldo Moro in Italy, etc.) and the campaigns of false-flag terrorist bombings were widespread in Europe in the 1950's - 1980's.

Operation Northwoods was just one example of this strategy of tension.

I got to wondering if JFK was just another link in the chain.

Here is an interesting interview with Daniele Ganser as late as 4/6/17:

He talks about Northwoods and Lemnitzer among other things.

http://themillenniumreport.com/2017/04/natos-secret-armies-operation-gladio-and-the-strategy-of-tension/

Steve Thomas

This essay by Ganser is very interesting.

Northwoods and the Gulf of Tonkin incident were both strategy of tension operations.

Guerin Serac is highlighted.

He mentions Stansfield Turner's reaction to questions about Gladio.

https://www.danieleganser.ch/assets/files/Inhalte/Publikationen/Buchkapitel/Artikel_Ganser_TheStrategyofTension.pdf

Steve Thomas