The Education Forum

The Astounding Conspiracy Theories of Wall Street Genius Mark Gorton

2 hours ago, Ty Carpenter said:

I am just beginning to read his Coup of '63, and he mentions a plot in Grand Rapids. Does anyone know anything of this? I have never heard Grand Rapids mentioned in assassination lore.

Hey Ty, I had never heard reference to that either, thanks for being so observant.  In Gorton's citations he notes that one of Robert Morrow's blogs, t(hat doesn't exist anymore), was one of his big influences. If you're lucky to be on Robert's mailing list you'd know he tends to throw everything against the wall to "see what will stick". I wouldn't be surprised if Morrow was the source of whatever tidbit prompted that -not being derisive because occasionally Robert Morrow can be on point with some reporting.

Gorton seems like "our kind of people" though. Being super wealthy should not exclude one from thinking outside the box and believing a conspiracy theory or in this case, theories.

Curtis LeMay was never "chairman of the joint chiefs of staff."

9 hours ago, Ty Carpenter said:

I am just beginning to read his Coup of '63, and he mentions a plot in Grand Rapids. Does anyone know anything of this? I have never heard Grand Rapids mentioned in assassination lore.

I believe there was an article about this years ago in one of the JFK publications like The Third Decade. And unfortunately I can't remember anything about it except that there an airport involved, perhaps only incidentally. I don't believe it involved a plot in Grand Rapids but rather someone who was from Grand Rapids, but again I can't remember.

Edited by Ron Ecker

I had to stop reading after not much of the first document. His writing is a hodgepodge (all of his research is from books, or parts of books, and the internet) of errors, assumptions, and factoids. For example, Curtis LeMay was never "chairman of the joint chiefs of staff." Santo Trafficante is referred to as Salvatore Trafficante. He says the limo in Dallas came to a complete stop till the driver knew JFK was mortally wounded. He calls Oswald "a CIA contract agent." And where I stopped reading was when he said JFK's body was flown to DC aboard Air Force 2 while the empty Dallas casket sat "in the hold of Air Force 1." Right, Jackie sat down in the cargo hold with the casket, instead of in the rear compartment where it actually was.