The Education Forum

JFK Declassified: Tracking Oswald

There is a new six part series which begins airing tonight on the History Channel. From what I have seen, they are investigating whether Oswald was led by others or was involved with others in planning and executing the assassination. In the MSM I have never even heard them hint at a conspiracy. Does anyone else get the feeling they are trying to minimize links to a conspiracy ahead of the upcoming document release? I believe this weeks episode looks at Mexico City and next week's episode deals with LHO's time in Russia.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It certainly doesn't appear that the picked a crew with much background in this....you wonder why not considering how many experienced people are available...its like they were starting from scratch.

If I'm reading correctly according to one of the three "The active investigation took about two months".  Sort of leaves one speechless...

Edited by Larry Hancock

This is big time BS. They are pretending no one looked into Oswald's trip to Mexico City. They are equating Oswald's meeting with a Russian at the Soviet Embassy with someone' meeting with ISIS or Al Qaeda. What hooey! We weren't at war with Russia in 1963. They had no reason to kill Kennedy.

I liked Bob Baer after reading through his book and seeing him interviewed on TV. But this is just awful.

I mean, c'mon, they are pretending the Johnson/Hoover conversation from 11-23 is "newly declassified". They show the conversation with blacked out sections (that aren't blacked out on the actual document) and occasionally show the audience what's beneath the blacked-out areas. Even worse, they have Hoover saying there's something odd about Oswald's trip to Mexico--but fail to tell the audience what he believed was odd--that he believed Oswald had been impersonated!

And that's not the worst of it. They actually show Bob Baer realizing for the first time that Kostin is Kostikov, and acting as if this is a shocking revelation that has only recently been discovered due to the recent declassification of CIA documents! Never mind that those dreaded conspiracy theorists have been discussing this stuff for decades. This show couldn't be any more insulting if it tried.

Edited by Pat Speer

I stopped watching 3 minutes in. They are trying to dictate the terms of a "conspiracy" ahead of the 2017 doc. dump. The opening said- Over 2 million documents related to the assassination have been declassified. Until now, no one has looked at them. OK. 

Comments on Facebook today from those who have done their research homework about last night's TV show are uniformly critical, saying it was a waste of time.

http://time.com/4753349/oswald-kennedy-declassified-documentary/

http://ijr.com/2017/04/854816-army-ranger-teams-cia-lapd-dig-deeper-jfk-assassination-uncover-oswald-working/

Edited by Douglas Caddy

18 minutes ago, Douglas Caddy said:

Comments on Facebook today from those who have done their research homework about last night's TV show are uniformly critical, saying it was a waste time.

http://time.com/4753349/oswald-kennedy-declassified-documentary/

http://ijr.com/2017/04/854816-army-ranger-teams-cia-lapd-dig-deeper-jfk-assassination-uncover-oswald-working/

After reading the interview of Baer in time, I feel sick. He's trying to tie Oswald to Alpha 66, and Alpha 66 to Castro. The whole thing feels like a disinfo piece designed to undermine Veciana's just released book. I mean, think about it.

Veciana's take: Oswald had a CIA handler, who asked Veciana to help tie Oswald to Castro.

Baer and the History Channel's take: Oswald was tied to Alpha 66, which kept Castro in the loop regarding Oswald's activities.

This is how it's done people. When someone points the finger at the CIA, someone (with a bigger budget) pops up to point it back at them.

Orwell was a prophet.

I certainly second Vince ...and I'm tempted by Pat.  If the History channel was no so universally terrible with its programs I'd be even more suspicious.  But when one of the three personalities remarks that they spent "two weeks" on their active investigation its hard to give it even enough credibility to be disinformation?

1 hour ago, Pat Speer said:

After reading the interview of Baer in time, I feel sick. He's trying to tie Oswald to Alpha 66, and Alpha 66 to Castro. The whole thing feels like a disinfo piece designed to undermine Veciana's just released book. I mean, think about it.

Veciana's take: Oswald had a CIA handler, who asked Veciana to help tie Oswald to Castro.

Baer and the History Channel's take: Oswald was tied to Alpha 66, which kept Castro in the loop regarding Oswald's activities.

This is how it's done people. When someone points the finger at the CIA, someone (with a bigger budget) pops up to point it back at them.

Orwell was a prophet.

Pat,

I missed the part about Baer tying LHO to Alpha 66. Now admittedly, my mind wandered a little because I agree that this was a bad program. But is the Alpha 66 stuff in a future episode or did I miss it?

I just watched this and it's complete nonsense.

Is "stupider" a word because that's the word I want to use to compare it to his earlier notable series: "Hitler escaped to South America but don't worry we'll find him".

On 4/26/2017 at 10:26 AM, W. Tracy Parnell said:

Pat,

I missed the part about Baer tying LHO to Alpha 66. Now admittedly, my mind wandered a little because I agree that this was a bad program. But is the Alpha 66 stuff in a future episode or did I miss it?

No, they talked about it. In the second half as I recall. They said Oswald had been linked to Alpha 66, which was riddled with Castro informers, and that as a result Castro almost certainly knew about the assassination before it happened...but did nothing.

The program failed to point out that if Castro knew about it through Alpha 66, he would have known as well that they planned on framing him for the killing.

So...sorry...that doesn't fly...