The Education Forum

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 5/8/2017 at 7:55 PM, Sandy Larsen said:

I imagine that the person holding the boom mic moved it because there was nothing notable worth recording. Maybe his arms were tired from holding it too long.

Jack Beers images showing the location of the mic.

high_res3~0.jpg

high_res4~0.jpg

Edited by Robin Unger

high_res3~0.jpgThe mic cable is clearly strung over the pipe in the upper right corner, and is easily set back from the threshold of the (lobby?) area. Exactly how far, it's hard to tell. Because the view is at an angle, it's going to project the chadow further forward. Also, because of the angle, any pictures taken at an angle further over may have completely missed the mic, even though it could still be there, thereby not projecting a shadow. Would anyone really bother to go through pulling out a mic, with the focus on other things? Depending on where the photo is taken from, you could miss or catch things on the periphery.

Edited by Roger DeLaria

The Ruby didn't shoot Oswald theory is garbage.

To show how far the madness has gone, Cinque and his supporters actually believe that Bookhout not Ruby shot Oswald, and that he was using blanks as part of some giant charade by the DPD

Image11.jpg

Image22.jpg

Image33.jpg

Edited by Robin Unger

8 hours ago, Robin Unger said:

The Ruby didn't shoot Oswald theory is garbage.

To show how far the madness has gone, Cinque and his supporters actually believe that Bookhout not Ruby shot Oswald, and that he was using blanks as part of some giant charade by the DPD

Image11.jpg

Image22.jpg

Image33.jpg

Yooou weeen wit weally waaas Wuuuby?

Weal-weee?

Edited by Thomas Graves

I agree about the silliness of this thread.  First, there's such a thing as internal bleeding.  I was reading an autopsy recently of someone who took a shot similar to LHO's and when the chest was opened up, the pleural cavities were filled with blood (they said something like 1,000 cc of blood). People don't always start gushing blood out.  I'm not saying it can't happen but it doesn't just start gushing out.  That's more Hollywood fiction:

https://youtu.be/emeGfvVJaBY

Watch the gushers above - I like this movie but silly gushing.

Second, I don't think they used a boom to hold that mic up there.  I think the cord was draped around a pipe up there and then just letting it hang.  I remember doing that 20 years ago for a video shoot of group meetings similar to press conferences.

Seeing and not seeing the mic in different photos is like Robin said, just a high and/or low angle.

• 7 months later...

Because deep down he feared that the Chicago Mob did it, which I believe.  They offered to go to Hollywood and investigate the murder but Irv said no.  You don't ask the mob to do anything for you because then they own you.  Walter Winchell asked Irv to give it his blessing because he wanted to solve the murder and "win a Pulitzer Prize doing so."  He drove the cops nuts. 

The downstairs neighbor was suspicious and she was very depressed.  Irv's friends believed she committed suicide but you couldn't tell that to Irv.  I'm told that Irv was sorry he hadn't brought in a private investigator.

Kathy C       

Edited by Kathleen Collins
Sentence unclear