The Education Forum

Poll: Was Nosenko A Defector, A Plant, Or Had He Been Kidnapped By The Evil, Evil CIA?

Yes, No, or IDK?

FWIW, Nosenko's the guy who told his CIA interrogators a couple of weeks after the assassination that the KGB had neither tried to recruit Oswald in the USSR, nor asked him about the U2 spy plane or the radar equipment, etc, he'd worked with in the Marine Corps.

I say Nosenko was a false defector to the U.S.

What do you say?

--  Tommy :sun

Edited by Thomas Graves

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Nosenko was a defector.  However, he was controlled by higher-ups in KGB.  He thought he had been told all there was to know about LHO, but that was not the case.  JJA should have figured this out instead of torturing him.

1 hour ago, Pamela Brown said:

I think Nosenko was a defector.  However, he was controlled by higher-ups in KGB.  He thought he had been told all there was to know about LHO, but that was not the case.  JJA should have figured this out instead of torturing him.

Pamela,

Thanks for the input.

My comment:  Maybe I'm wrong, but didn't Nosenko claim to have been in charge of a review of Oswald's case, and therefore privy to Oswald's complete KGB file, before he "defected" in January, 1964?

Edited by Thomas Graves

per his wikipedia page:

Nosenko claimed that he could provide important negative information about the assassination of President John F. Kennedy, affirming that he had personally handled a review of the case of Lee Harvey Oswald, who had lived in the Soviet Union prior to the assassination. Nosenko said that, while the KGB had conducted surveillance of Oswald, it had never tried to recruit him. This issue was critical because KGB involvement with Oswald might suggest Soviet involvement in the Kennedy assassination – a prospect that could have propelled the Cold War into a nuclear war. Nosenko insisted that after interviewing Oswald it was decided that Oswald was not intelligent enough and also "too mentally unstable," a "nut" and therefore unsuitable for intelligence work. Nosenko also stated that the KGB had never questioned Oswald about information he might have gained as a U.S. Marine, including work as an aviation electronics operator at Naval Air Facility Atsugi in Japan

And per of favorite CIA Agent:

“KGB defector Yuri Nosenko should have served as example enough of what happens to someone who’s off message at the CIA. When Nosenko offered a version of Lee Harvey Oswald and the Kennedy assassination that didn’t fit with the agency’s corporate view, he was sent to solitary confinement at the Farm for three years. I don’t know why I thought I’d be treated any differently.”

Excerpt From: Robert Baer. “See No Evil: The True Story of a Ground Soldier in the CIA's War on Terrorism.”

6 minutes ago, Chris Newton said:

per his wikipedia page:

Excerpt From: Robert Baer. “See No Evil: The True Story of a Ground Soldier in the CIA's War on Terrorism.”

Chris,

So, how do you vote in my widdle poll?  "IDK" ?

Just now, Thomas Graves said:

So, how do you vote in my widdle poll?  "IDK" ?

I hate to say I agree with Dr Evil himself, JJA, but I'm with him on this one. My entirely unqualified opinion is that he was a plant.

Just now, Chris Newton said:

I hate to say I agree with Dr Evil himself, JJA, but I'm with him on this one. My entirely unqualified opinion is that he was a plant.

Chris,

Thanks for the input.

2 hours ago, Chris Newton said:

per his wikipedia page:

"KGB defector Yuri Nosenko should have served as an example .... " etc etc etc.

That would have been Helm's fault, imho.  And a jerk by the name of Leonard McCoy.

Edited by Thomas Graves

Chris Newton:

Are you pulling a "Clark / Trejo" on me (What's your CT, Tommy?), or a "Brancato,"  (I don't want to research it myself, so tell me everything you know, Tommy, and tell me your CT while you're at it), or is this a test to see how much I know about Nosenko / Golitsyn, ....... 

.... or ......... do you actually want to learn?  

The last one is hard for me to believe because I thought you told me in a post on another thread that you've already looked into Nosenko vs Golitsyn quite a bit?

Edited by Thomas Graves

13 minutes ago, Thomas Graves said:

Why?

I just assumed, (at first) you were suggesting Nosenko's  interrogation was Helms fault but I thought it was a McCone Operation. That's why I asked, but you could also be suggesting Nosenko was given his bonafides by Helms when he became Director. Just ignore half the stuff I write and it'll make more sense. :)

Edited by Chris Newton
shoot me

1 minute ago, Chris Newton said:

I just assumed, (at first) you were suggesting Nosenko's  interrogation was Helms fault but I thought it was a McCone Operation. That's why I asked, but you could also be suggesting Nosenko was given his bonafides by Helms when he became Director. Just ignore half the stuff I write and it'll make more sense. :)

None of the above if I understand you correctly.