The Education Forum

Tippit, Ruby and Austin's BBQ

1 hour ago, Steve Thomas said:

Michael,

Sit down with a map in one hand and Croy's testimony beginning on page 200 here: (and compare what he says on pp 200-201, with he says on pp 205+)

http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/russ/testimony/croy.htm

and see if what he says makes any sense. On one hand, he says that he was going home (on Illinois presumablt) to change clothes, but then says that his clothes were at his parents house which was located 3 - 4 miles north.

It's baffling to say the least.

Steve Thomas

I just finished it. I'll do the map check.

I had Deja vu with the parents house story, like I had read it before.

2 hours ago, Steve Thomas said:

Michael,

Sit down with a map in one hand and Croy's testimony beginning on page 200 here: (and compare what he says on pp 200-201, with he says on pp 205+)

http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/russ/testimony/croy.htm

and see if what he says makes any sense. On one hand, he says that he was going home (on Illinois presumablt) to change clothes, but then says that his clothes were at his parents house which was located 3 - 4 miles north.

It's baffling to say the least.

Steve Thomas

I have not gone in depth on this yet. I did read his testimony and followed along on a map as best I could. I would have to start by making a coherent geo-timeline, starting with a timeline from his testimony. After a few readings it doesn't seem coherent, but I have to write it down to say for sure.

I think that I see what you are getting at though.

Couple notes, all at first glance:

-I wonder if his trip to his parents is corroborated.

-At a glance, I don't see how he could know that things at the theater were under control

-His account of his visual take on the theater does not jibe.

-His radio capabilities and cues don't make sense.

-He is in the thick of everything

-His presence at the Tippit scene begs corroboration.

Steve, regarding this...

"Mr. GRIFFIN. How did you go from where you had your lunch or dinner to your mother's and dad's house? 
Mr. CROY. Straight out north on Hampton."

I am reading this as:'"How DO you get from the Bull-Pen to your parents place.

I don't think he actually went there, and he met his wife with his uniform on. Am I wrong or missing something? Of course it may be just as it is written and he may have gone to his parents after eating.

Are you reading this similarly?

BTW, they are calling it Austin's. It must have changed hands and it's name quickly after the assassination. In Yvonnes's testimony it was still being referred to as the Bull-Pen. The event that Yvonne testifies to happened on 11-23, Croy is testifying to events on 11-22. It's probably just notional, but the dates and names are reversed.

Jack Ruby's testimony is so disjointed and veering so far from the questions presented to him that one senses he is mentally ill.

Personally I think this was his method of avoiding giving direct answers to questions posed to him that he felt threatened by.

And he lies constantly and makes up phony explanations for things such as killing Oswald for Jackie which even he confessed later was a complete lie.

Clearly, Ruby is one of the most lying witness in the WC record and the WC knew this.

That is why it is an outrageous shame that they chose nutty, lying Ruby's word over sane, coherent, accomplished, educated and honest Seth Kantor's regards Ruby's presence at Parkland hospital the afternoon of 11,22,1963.

9 hours ago, Michael Clark said:

I have not gone in depth on this yet. I did read his testimony and followed along on a map as best I could. I would have to start by making a coherent geo-timeline, starting with a timeline from his testimony. After a few readings it doesn't seem coherent, but I have to write it down to say for sure.

Baffling to say the least.

http://oakcliff.advocatemag.com/2011/01/barbecue-with-a-side-of-heart/

Originally named the Bull Pen, the restaurant at 2321 W. Illinois opened in 1949.

In 1957, when Oak Cliff voted itself “dry,” co-owner Bert Bowman sold out his half interest to his business partner, Austin Cook, who changed the menu, the restaurant’s name and the hours of operation.

I'm hitting this mental block right now. What did they call the "rebel" teenagers in the 1950's? The ones who rolled up their t-shirts up over their biceps and stuck a pack of cigarettes up there, and smeared brylcream in their hair, wore white socks and rolled up the cuffs on their jeans?

I read the other day that Oak Cliff was booming in the 1950's, and I'm picturing Tippit squaring off against groups of these kids in his part time security capacity. I've read that Tippit was not well liked among the kids and was regarded as a hard ass. We have this picture of Tippit based on the stock photos we've all seen, but I was kind of surprised to realize the other day that he was about 40 when he died.

(That's all apropos of nothing, but I'm trying to put things in "context".)

Here's a picture of Ray Hawkins - the guy who cuffed Lee Harvey Oswald in the Theater. Since when did ivory handled revolvers become stock issue for police officers?

You're looking at a clash of cultures here.

Steve Thomas

Hawkins.jpg

18 minutes ago, Steve Thomas said:

Baffling to say the least.

http://oakcliff.advocatemag.com/2011/01/barbecue-with-a-side-of-heart/

Originally named the Bull Pen, the restaurant at 2321 W. Illinois opened in 1949.

In 1957, when Oak Cliff voted itself “dry,” co-owner Bert Bowman sold out his half interest to his business partner, Austin Cook, who changed the menu, the restaurant’s name and the hours of operation.

I'm hitting this mental block right now. What did they call the "rebel" teenagers in the 1950's? The ones who rolled up their t-shirts up over their biceps and stuck a pack of cigarettes up there, and smeared brylcream in their hair, wore white socks and rolled up the cuffs on their jeans?

I read the other day that Oak Cliff was booming in the 1950's, and I'm picturing Tippit squaring off against groups of these kids in his part time security capacity. I've read that Tippit was not well liked among the kids and was regarded as a hard ass. We have this picture of Tippit based on the stock photos we've all seen, but I was kind of surprised to realize the other day that he was about 40 when he died.

(That's all apropos of nothing, but I'm trying to put things in "context".)

Here's a picture of Ray Hawkins - the guy who cuffed Lee Harvey Oswald in the Theater. Since when did ivory handled revolvers become stock issue for police officers?

You're looking at a clash of cultures here.

Steve Thomas

Hawkins.jpg

greasers